Pages: [1]
Author Topic: passat cluster in a t4 transporter  (Read 6234 times)
Matt1e

« on: June 01, 2015, 02:15:37 PM »

Hi all
newbie here I have recently installed a 3B0 920 929A cluster from a 2005 b5.5 passat into 2000 t4 transporter (eurovan) and I have a couple of questions if I may be so bold Smiley
I have sorted out the fuel gauge but I still have a couple of problems
the most important one is that I cannot set a custom k-value of my original 3407 without a Def error, the best I can do is choose the closest passat one of 3528,I have tried setting the last digit of the coding to 0 and recoding but the def error remains
I believe this is due to it being a VWK503 type? I realise its is to do with the checksum but is there an easy way to correct it?
I also have a question regarding the immobilizer, the new cluster is immo 3 as is my van but as the van uses a separate immo box I have had to install a second pickup ring to the cluster with a matched key taped to it to get rid of the annoying flashing light
this works fine so isn't exactly a problem but I was wondering if it is possible to get rid of the immob box and adapt the immobilizer in the cluster to the ecu without using the separate box? 

thanks
Matt
tjwasiak

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2015, 04:00:05 PM »

If I were I would try to remove immobox and rewire your car so it would use instrument cluster as immobiliser device.

Regarding your issue with K value - I can help you (I have solution 100% with VWK503 clusters) - just post the dump of instrument cluster. To make it you can not set it to use 0 as last digit of coding. You just have to change K value and 1 other byte (not a checksum as it is believed to be complex and algorithm is not publicly known).
Matt1e

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2015, 06:09:00 PM »

hi Tjwasiak
many thanks for replying I have attached the cluster dump, at the moment the k value is set at 3528 I would very much like it to be set at 3407 if you could please
also regarding the immobilizer, are you saying I can just take out the separate immo3 box and adapt the ecm to the cluster?
I have the skc for the cluster but not the vans original skc so is it possible to just program it with the clusters immo data as I have a matched key for that? I have also attached what I could download off the engine ecu via commander 2.5 if it helps.
thanks again
Matt
tjwasiak

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2015, 04:11:20 AM »

Please find attached corrected file. If it will show def error just recode it using exactly same coding as it has now. You can check your K value at measuring group 201 (at least in Golf IV R32 1J0920946G VWK503 cluster but I think that all VWK503 have this possibility).

I saw you already entered your car VIN number into cluster dump.

You need your car original SKC which could be read from ECU EEPROM but file which you attached does not seem to be correct. Could you post your ECU part number?
Matt1e

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2015, 06:04:47 AM »

Hey thanks tj
I am still at work at the moment and logged in with my phone, but will try your file when I get home later.
Yes you are correct i have entered my vin and also the immo data and i have also altered the fuel sender data
To answer your question the engine ecu is a EDC15P

Matt
tjwasiak

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2015, 09:56:38 AM »

Your ECU EEPROM dump is bad. Could you try to read it again using different tool?
Matt1e

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2015, 10:52:00 AM »

I will give it a go but vag epprom prog gives a Tx error and I cant seem to find an option for my vehicle/engine in galletto (its a 2.5 TDi acv engine)
any pointers?

Matt
tjwasiak

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2015, 10:59:44 AM »

Maybe just try to re-read it once again using VAG Commander.
vampirelo

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2016, 01:04:37 AM »

Matt1e, have you completed install of Passat cluster to T4?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: