Pages: [1]
Author Topic: hello all  (Read 2723 times)
B5Avant

« on: March 30, 2014, 06:19:36 PM »

Alright im a new member, and i have a rather unusual situation, i did a complete engine and main harness swap to a 99 gti glx vr6, with the motor and harness from a 03 jetta 1.8t, the reason for this is the car was in rough shape and needed a complete rebuild.  i also had access to an apr tuned awp 1.8t from a totaled 03 jetta gl.  so my issues a year after the swap are mostly electrical, but i had to use the original air bag controller which did not have a can bus communication, so i have a code from that in the ecu, and i also got the infamous apr checksum code on the ecu, as well as your standard evap codes.  my goals are to program out the need for an air bag module, get rid of the checksum code, delete my sai, and evap system. my questions are how to do that with coding, and with parameters, do i need to re-flash all the parameters or can i just flash specific ones in the ecu memory? i have also read the s4 wiki page on coding. thanks for your help!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: