Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Request for information on ecu map identification  (Read 3470 times)
Rubiks tuna

In it to win it !!

« on: April 28, 2015, 11:49:12 AM »

Hi all, I own a 06/99 golf mk4 1.8t agu running an 06a906018r ecu, I opened it today to inspect the chip and found an AM29f200ab chip that from my digging says is flash able but as usual unreadable. I wanted to find out if it had been played with already as the car doesn't feel like 150 bhp.

I have a map for a standard 1.8t and have been trying to identify the maps, have scoured the tinterweb but have failed to find if this ecu is an edc?? or what it is. I am trying to make sense of the maps on this ecu but having trouble trying to identify them from following edc16 videos. Shame on me I said it Shocked

If anyone can give me a couple of pointers that would be super, many thanks. Mark

Not as green as I am cabbage looking Smiley
ddillenger

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2015, 12:23:21 PM »

It's M3.83.

An original file is attached!

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
Rubiks tuna

In it to win it !!

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2015, 12:44:15 PM »

Thank you very much for the fast reply, I had been searching using me3.8.3 so will again go hunting once more.

Also thank you for the map you have supplied I shall down load it now and take a peek.

Rubiks tuna

In it to win it !!

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2015, 01:23:08 PM »

It's M3.83.

An original file is attached!

Very helpful indeed !! I spent a few hours re learning what I had forgotten with Winols and I see the maps are already there and labelled, awesome. Sadly mein Deutsch ist niched zu gut, have started translating them via google translate with slow limited success.

I have still been struggling to find map forms in the form I am expecting (from looking at edc16 map videos), and although I am aware m3.83 is 8 bit not 16 like edc16. I am thinking the map form from the sensors etc should at least appear the same albeit ones diesel and ones petrol with different variables. To be fair I see lots and think "hmm not quite sure".

I will get there with this, love a challenge me.

Thank you again for any help !!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: