Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ditching the stock narrowband 02's and using dual WB with simulated output?  (Read 5360 times)
ddillenger

So I'm going to be ordering a pair of spartan 14point7's. I figured why not toss the stock narrowbands and use the simulated output from the widebands. I know british was talking about this, but has anyone else done it on a street car for an extended amount of time?

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
phila_dot

I wouldn't.

There is no real gain as narrowband sensors work incredibly well in their intended application and your giving up a much better control and diagnostic system for the bare minimum provided with an external WB controller.
s5fourdoor

I wouldn't.

There is no real gain as narrowband sensors work incredibly well in their intended application and your giving up a much better control and diagnostic system for the bare minimum provided with an external WB controller.

would you however recommend doing the dual spartan 14point7 wideband logging inputs into the rear o2's?  it seems like the best innovation on here since the 5120 hack.
ddillenger

would you however recommend doing the dual spartan 14point7 wideband logging inputs into the rear o2's?  it seems like the best innovation on here since the 5120 hack.

This is why I'm buying dual spartans.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
jibberjive

I'm going to be doing this today with the output from Zeitronix. I haven't seen anything posted on here (though I did chat with britishturbo about this via PM a couple of weeks ago).  I'll have to go look at what people have been posting.
jibberjive

Oh, and on the simulated NB topic, I know snowtrooper is/was doing that for a while.  As was Marcellus I believe.  Not sure if they ditched it or not.
k0mpresd

i removed the stock narrowband and stuck a wideband in its place as well. used the wideband controller to feed the 0-1v signal to the ecu. seemed to work fine. b5 1.8t big turbo.
s5fourdoor

so basically could just run two spartan 14point7's in the Primary O2 spots and just feed the NB inputs into the front NB inputs, and then run the widebands into the rear stock narrowbands?   thats hot...
ddillenger

so basically could just run two spartan 14point7's in the Primary O2 spots and just feed the NB inputs into the front NB inputs, and then run the widebands into the rear stock narrowbands?   thats hot...

That's what I'm asking. I know it CAN be done, but I also know it isn't recommended by the wideband manufacturers. I'm hoping for some first hand experience.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
jibberjive

You'd lose all the nice diagnostic capability of the stock ECU on the narrowbands.  If it were me I'd just keep the stockers up front and run the WB's in the rear bung and rear inputs.
k0mpresd

You'd lose all the nice diagnostic capability of the stock ECU on the narrowbands.  If it were me I'd just keep the stockers up front and run the WB's in the rear bung and rear inputs.

this is what i would have done except atp's great fitment on their downpipe didnt leave enough clearance between the firewall.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: