Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: ME7Logger + realtime graph? (i.e. VAGScope, ECUx)  (Read 43061 times)
userpike

« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2013, 07:19:05 PM »

It works with ME7Logger.
Anything ME7Logger works with, it works with.

It is my understanding that ME7logger doesn't do ME7.5. (haven't tried it myself) I guess there isn't a way to modify the program either because it's author is MIA and source code is unavailable? If you have something that'll do 7.5 and still utilize WinLog lemme know. Thanks.
phila_dot

« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2013, 09:47:37 PM »

It is my understanding that ME7logger doesn't do ME7.5. (haven't tried it myself) I guess there isn't a way to modify the program either because it's author is MIA and source code is unavailable? If you have something that'll do 7.5 and still utilize WinLog lemme know. Thanks.

It does
ddillenger

« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2013, 10:11:25 PM »

Some newer me7.5 are tricky, for them I cut the K-line and wire the ecu right to the OBD port rather than connecting globally. Nefmoto flashes them as well Smiley

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
userpike

« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2013, 10:18:43 PM »

It does

I will try it out.

@ddilenger I think that's what I read about it. Do you know which ECUs are the tricky ones? I'm doing this on my own car but I don't want to cut up the wiring, guess I will if I have to..

prj, how much and how long sir? Smiley
ddillenger

« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2013, 11:28:37 PM »

If it had an immobilizer, it's tricky-lol.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
littco

« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2013, 12:33:26 AM »

I found the a4 me7.5 are tricky. They need as ddillenger says a direct k-line from ecu to obd to log properly otherwise it fails to connect. What I did was splice the kline in ecu plug and run a direct wire to the obd with a 2 way switch on the obd plug so I could keep the ability to scan if needed.

On the emulator though I run a seperate k-line wire off the pins on the ecu that I can log directly off , so no what what car it's in it'll always work
AARDQ

« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2013, 08:08:37 AM »

If it had an immobilizer, it's tricky-lol.

Is going immo-off another option, or is direct K-line still required? 
prj

« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2013, 11:03:33 AM »

Try SLOW-0x00 init and start logging after you go key-on.
Then start the car when it's logging. Should work after that.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2013, 10:15:27 AM »

^^ Gonna try that Smiley

SCHNELL ENGINEERING BLOG ·  STANDALONE ECUS · TUNING · DYNO · WIRING · PARTS · VEMS
Google Talk: NOTORIOUS.VR
n00bs start here: http://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning
Axis

« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2013, 01:59:11 PM »

Try SLOW-0x00 init and start logging after you go key-on.
Then start the car when it's logging. Should work after that.
It would be very nice to be able to start logging without need to turn off car. Do we know why slow-0x00 is needed on some ECUs? Could it be an easy patch in ECU code?
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2013, 06:38:16 AM »

So this is what worked for me.

I was already connecting w/ slow INIT, but that would connect and then stop logging on my 1.8T.

What did fix it was selecting the highest baud rate for ME7L of 115000 (just like when using the NefMoto software to flash), and now I can log 1.8T's without pulling fuses etc.

SCHNELL ENGINEERING BLOG ·  STANDALONE ECUS · TUNING · DYNO · WIRING · PARTS · VEMS
prj

« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2013, 07:32:58 AM »

SLOW-0x00 is needed because of cluster.

Starting logging while engine is running - for that a hack is needed in asm.

Log your car properly.
Axis

« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2013, 12:56:55 PM »

Have you given it enough thought to be able give a hint as to where in code or what I should start looking at? Any error variable that I could search for or do you think it is a needle in a haystack to fix this?
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2013, 11:59:23 AM »

This method is still flaky at best... most of the time it works, but a few times last night it just wouldn't continue logging. Sometimes it would like for about 1-2 minutes and then stop, other times it would stop after 10 sec.  After a few times I just get frustrated and give up hoping that it will play nice later lol

prj

« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2013, 05:11:30 AM »

This method is still flaky at best... most of the time it works, but a few times last night it just wouldn't continue logging. Sometimes it would like for about 1-2 minutes and then stop, other times it would stop after 10 sec.  After a few times I just get frustrated and give up hoping that it will play nice later lol

Get a better cable. Never had such issues.

Log your car properly.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: