Pages: [1]
Author Topic: EDC15P to EDC16U1 conversion  (Read 1177 times)
NdM

« on: May 07, 2024, 02:12:17 AM »

Hello,

I would like to present a 1.9 TDi ASZ with an DQ250 retrofitted.

I am thinking about switching to EDC16U1. I would like to ask if anyone knows would there be complications with other systems on the car ex. ABS ( it is mk60 unit with brake pressure sensor), fans (the AC is climateonic), etc.

Beside the crankshaft sensor, camshaft sensor and cam pulley, is there anything else that should be changed. The rewiring into the new edc16 connectors is clear.

Thank you.
NdM

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2024, 01:19:51 PM »

Hello, a short update. I fitted the EDC16U1 with the number 03G906016FF but just reflashed it with a flash from a DSG car so that in the VCDS i could code it to DSG.

The car is working and in the moment i have a couple of things to sort out. First, my AC is not working, as in not starting at all, when i switch on the climatronic the fans are not spinning and the clutch is not engaged as there is no cold air. In the ECU connectors there are no wires in the place where the Klimaanforderung is (E_S_AC technical description) and in my EDC15 there is a wire.

Second i have also a wire for Motorluftrelais (A_T_MLR) but on EDC16 there is Kuhlerventilator (A_T_LUES1). When i connect those wires the fans start spinning with ACC on, and after the key is removed they keep spinning for about 5 s.

Third problem is, the ECU is reporting a fault for brake switch, although the DSG and the ABS can see the brake switch and it is operating normal in abs and DSG measuring blocks.

And the last issue that i have is the ASV. On EDC16 it is electronically operated but mine is vacuum operated. I found the wires on the connector and tried to use just the wires for the motor but as soon as i start the car the ASV shuts and the engine dies. I guess hier i will have to feed the ECU a signal so that it thinks the ASV is open. I should have somewhere on the ECU a 5V free pin which i could short with the input pin for the ASV but is this correct, is the voltage 5V for an open ASV on golf mk5.

Is there someone who has done something similar or is willing to help.
MirXas

« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 11:22:52 AM »

What car is this ?
Climatronic isn't getting analog RPM signal from ECU anymore, it can't work without seeing engine RPM (or at least that the engine is running).
About the brake switch. Either your wiring to the ECU is wrong, or the brake light switch itself is the incorrect one. You need one with 4 wires (terminal X, terminal 30, normally closed (NC) contact and normally open (NO) contact). ECU needs to see both NC and NO contacts to be happy. ABS needs only NO contact and DSG see's it through CAN bus, that's why no faults there.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 11:32:30 AM by MirXas » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: