Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Audi A8 D3-4E 4.2 Petrol 4.2 ME7.1.1 4E0910560A 0070 0261207257 1037369023  (Read 12158 times)
MyTunes

Here is an original file from a 2004 Audi A8 4.2l
Milka

What is the engine code this bin is for?

Also does anyone know the exact MAF part number and if it uses the same size MAF as the B5 RS4 except with a flow straightener?

Thanks
MyTunes

This is engine code BFM

I'm not sure on the MAF, what are you trying to accomplish?
Milka

I'm currently running B5 RS4 MAFs but they don't have a flow straightener on them but from what I can tell the A8 has the same MAF except it has a flow straightener.  From your bin it looks like each MAF is capable of 1956 kg/hr - 200 offset so 40 kg/hr less than B5 RS4, probably due to the straightener.  This would be much better as the straighteners will smooth out the flow from my custom intake more than the RS4 ones will with only the mesh screen and no straightener.

Hence I'm trying to find out the part number now for your exact MAF, I think it's either 077133471J or  077133471G

Thanks for your help
ddillenger

I'm currently running B5 RS4 MAFs but they don't have a flow straightener on them but from what I can tell the A8 has the same MAF except it has a flow straightener.  From your bin it looks like each MAF is capable of 1956 kg/hr - 200 offset so 40 kg/hr less than B5 RS4, probably due to the straightener.  This would be much better as the straighteners will smooth out the flow from my custom intake more than the RS4 ones will with only the mesh screen and no straightener.

Hence I'm trying to find out the part number now for your exact MAF, I think it's either 077133471J or  077133471G

Thanks for your help

Milka: I'm running a C5 S6 maf, the part number is identical to the b5 rs4 maf, but it has a flow straightener in it. It's 077133471K.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
Milka

Thanks

What's the MLHFM max out at? ~1956
Milka

Hey mate,

Just checked out ECS and looks like it only has the wire screen same as the RS4 one?  Or is their website wrong?

http://www.ecstuning.com/Audi-C5_S6-Quattro-4.2/Engine/Intake/Sensors/ES252386/

I'm after one with the proper flow straightener and wire screen as per 471J

http://www.ecstuning.com/Audi-D2_A8-Quattro-4.2/Engine/Intake/Mass_Air_Flow_Sensor/ES514002/
ddillenger

While I can't confirm ALL the s6 mafs are the same, mine has the flow straightener as per 471J. The rs4 maf has the same part number, but only the screen.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
Milka

Wow, that's a little scary, same part number but one has screen one doesn't.

Just checked my car and the MAFs are both, 077133471K with screen but no straightener....

Might be safer to order the 471J units that way they will definitely have the straightener.
prj

I would not be so sure that the J units have the same (047 iirc) sensor.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
Milka

I was going to use the MLHFM from this A8 bin, I think I found it at 0x14556 and the associated complete MAF which I'm trying to get confirmation for that it's the 471J.  As long as it's a Bosch MAF I should be right shouldn't I?  Potentially with some massaging or KFKHFM.

Mainly doing this just to straighten out the flow into the MAFs since I changed the whole intake tract/air filters.

Milka

The original RS6 and S4 MAF did not use the 047, the R32 and RS4 ones do.  Not sure which one the A8 471J MAF uses.

Does it matter which one?  As long as I use the appropriate MLHFM as a starting point and the massage KFKHFM I should be right? no?
prj

For a housing you can massage it, but you should definitely start from a MLHFM for the correct sensor, as the curves are somewhat different.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: