Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
Author Topic: Questions about symptoms...  (Read 50006 times)
shane0569

« Reply #90 on: May 30, 2013, 02:11:30 PM »

Should I ever use the smooth feature on tables?
ddillenger

« Reply #91 on: May 30, 2013, 02:13:41 PM »

I feel as though you've gotten your hooks in me. Being the type of person I am I can't just ignore you as much as I'd like to. Come up with a complete list of questions, I will answer them.

As for the smooth feature, I don't use it. Go into grapical view (tunerpro, squiggly line above the map) and massage things that way until it looks pretty.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
shane0569

« Reply #92 on: May 30, 2013, 02:26:51 PM »

I really do appreciate it believe it or not. As for a list, I will try to come up with one instead of just rattling them off, it's just that they seem to come as I go. As for the file earlier, I didn't commit the changes I wanted correctly. So I will post this one that I did. I believe it's more where I want to be. Based on corrado's file, altered specified load, max load, and reversed the EGT delete to use them for enrichment when required. Can you just check this?  THANKS AGAIN
phila_dot

« Reply #93 on: May 30, 2013, 03:18:16 PM »

Got it. What's the difference between LDRXN_1_A and LDRXNZK?

LDRXNZK is NEVER used in S4 M/L box.

B_kfzk is never set because CNOKT is clear and KFSWKFZK is all -96.

When posting logs, post raw CSV's and graphs (that make sense). Most of the time I'm on my phone and can't analyze a log, but can comment on graphed data.
shane0569

« Reply #94 on: May 30, 2013, 06:52:09 PM »

Still thinking something is messed up. I altered the file for lower boost and it still can't keep of with 17 psi requested.

So I'm really thinking something is up with the way the wastegates are being controlled. The one time I disconnected the wastegate lines from N75 I was able to create 21 - 22 psi. With it connected and 95% duty cycle, my max always varies, but never goes near that. So, is the representation of 95% duty cycle the ultimate max physical capabilities of the valve, or is it the max when it comes to representing it in a current tune. Like, the tune's full range that it is setup to utilize. For example, if the boost PID were to be altered, would the ultimate output of the pwm signal at the valve be higher, but still represented as 95%? Do you get what I'm saying?
AARDQ

« Reply #95 on: May 30, 2013, 07:17:23 PM »

Sorry if I missed it -- are you at elevation, say 3,500' or above?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #96 on: May 30, 2013, 07:42:29 PM »

SThe one time I disconnected the wastegate lines from N75 I was able to create 21 - 22 psi.

Did you try back to back runs with the wg line disconnected and connected?

Did you try unhooking the mani pressure line from the N75?

Did you try venting the atm line from the N75?

Try all of the above on the same day, same conditions, back to back runs.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
shane0569

« Reply #97 on: May 30, 2013, 08:02:57 PM »

Sorry if I missed it -- are you at elevation, say 3,500' or above?

My elevation is about 800 ft.
shane0569

« Reply #98 on: May 30, 2013, 08:06:33 PM »

Did you try back to back runs with the wg line disconnected and connected?

Did you try unhooking the mani pressure line from the N75?

Did you try venting the atm line from the N75?

Try all of the above on the same day, same conditions, back to back runs.

I didn't do a lot with the wastegate line disconnected. Just one run really, I was really scared I would break something. Won't the engine go incredibly lean when doing that? Is it safe to do a couple runs like that?

Wouldn't unhooknig the manfild pressure line essentially achieve the same thing?

I did try venting the long leg to atmosphere and it didn't change anything.

I will do separate logs of each scenery for you, if you think it will be safe.
phila_dot

« Reply #99 on: May 30, 2013, 08:18:19 PM »

That's definitely not normal.

It almost looks like it's switching over to steady state too early.

What's the rest of the log look like?
shane0569

« Reply #100 on: May 31, 2013, 05:58:47 AM »

That's definitely not normal.

It almost looks like it's switching over to steady state too early.

What's the rest of the log look like?

I will get some updated logs here very soon.
prj

« Reply #101 on: June 02, 2013, 07:17:12 AM »

Okay, I was under the impression that people were successfully running this tune with K03s. Thanks for clearing that up. I suppose I'll have to tune it down until I get some K04s. Curious though, was it limp mode that was causing the car to not boost after a run...and was it constant negative deviation that caused it to do that?

Also, if someone could just let me know basically what I would have to alter to lower max requested boost in this file, I would appreciate it. I'm on the wiki right now trying to figure it out.

Start with a bone stock file, not someone else's. Also before you mess with things learn how the engine works and what the hardware limits are.
You have no idea what you are doing, and if you continue this way, you are going to crack your EM's, pieces of which will go through your turbos...

As a start, add ti_w to log and start looking at your fuel injector duty cycle, and you will perhaps understand what you are doing and why you get these kind of responses.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
  Print  

Jump to: