Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Going out for a logging session! can someone verify my fueling? bin/xdf inside!  (Read 19527 times)
royce5950

Finished this file up last night. Successfully flashed the ECU and started the car up for a quick sec but it was late (like 1am) and I have full turbo back exhaust w/ all mandrel bent pipes, no-cat, 3in DP and a nice little round maganaflow muffler... my shit is pretty loud warming up so I had to shut her down like 20 seconds after I started it up...

Basically I'm looking for someone with a little more experience, who wouldn't mind taking a quick peek at my .bin and giving me their own personal opinion, on whether you think things will hold up for a relatively short (10 minutes or so) data logging session, cruising up and down the highway near my house... Or maybe you happen to spot something absolutely bonkers with my file that needs to be addressed right this instant before I even think of stepping outside of this house little mister!!...  Embarrassed Cry

Tuned file: Stage 1 w/ Launch Control
ECU: 06A906032DL | v360227 | sw0003 | Immo:ON
Engine: AWW 1.8L K03s Turbo || 2001 Wolfsburg Jetta

Thanks in advance! I appreciate it greatly!

Purchase Tuned Files Ready To Be FlashedFor Audi / VW 1.8T & 2.0T Engines ➡️ TUNEDBYV3@GMAIL.COMAs low as just $50
nyet
Administrator

Hate to ask you to do this, but I don't have an .xml log parser... can you log using ME7L instead?

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
vwaudiguy

If this is a narrowband car (I think it is) having a wideband wouldn't be a bad idea.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 04:15:57 PM by vwaudiguy » Logged

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
royce5950

Hate to ask you to do this, but I don't have an .xml log parser... can you log using ME7L instead?

Are you talking about ME7Logger? Maybe I used incorrect terminology somewhere along the line, but I do in fact plan on using ME7_Logger to record my data while driving.

If this is a narrowband car (I think it is) having a wideband wouldn't be a bad idea. I've seen a lot of different  commercial tunes running crazy rich for no good reason after BTS kicks in. Leaning it out, and using a different fuel strategy worked out better IMHO.

Actually the AWW is wideband! Smiley I'm not sure if this is true, but I remember learning a while back, that you can quickly determine whether or not an me7.5 ECU is wideband or narrowband based on the size of the .bin 1024kb/1.00mb is wideband 512kb... right? lol

Purchase Tuned Files Ready To Be FlashedFor Audi / VW 1.8T & 2.0T Engines ➡️ TUNEDBYV3@GMAIL.COMAs low as just $50
vwaudiguy

No, you're right

AWD = narrowband
AWW/ AWP = wideband. You're good

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
royce5950

You're good
Right on!!
So you think I'll be alright?

vwaudiguy

Right on!!
So you think I'll be alright?

I didn't look through any of your stuff. I simply meant "you have a wideband sensor".

royce5950

The engine bay smells like fuel extremely strong... lol Whenever I start the car. I think there is something wrong with the tune. I'm going to tweak some things.

vwaudiguy

The engine bay smells like fuel extremely strong... lol Whenever I start the car. I think there is something wrong with the tune. I'm going to tweak some things.

Take a look at measuring block 32 and check your fuel trims.

nyet
Administrator

That doesn't sound like a tuning problem.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Carsinc

Can we make the first rule of tuning, CONFIRM YOUR HARDWARE!!!!!
That means running, test drives fuel trims whatever on stock or base files...
k0mpresd

you didnt "finish up" that file.
that file is the same as the other copied file that was posted by another user. your file actually has items removed from the previous file, so maybe thats what you were doing?
or maybe you only copied certain changes because you weren't sure what all the patches were and why they were important.

also, there is no 2step in that file. lol.
vwaudiguy

"Finished up" swapping maps n' shit.

royce5950

what did I miss about launch control? I thought I did a good job?

you didnt "finish up" that file.
that file is the same as the other copied file that was posted by another user. your file actually has items removed from the previous file, so maybe thats what you were doing?
or maybe you only copied certain changes because you weren't sure what all the patches were and why they were important.

also, there is no 2step in that file. lol.

I am aware of most of the parameters in my .bin and what their functions are. I refer to the s4 wiki every day and I have a copy of it printed and binded that rests on my lap whenever I'm working on remapping and so forth. I also attached another pdf that I have printed out that I also refer to on a daily basis. I am very willing to learn and I am just trying to get some help. Thats why I posted in the noob section of nefmoto... Also the file I posted isn't the same as the file your referring to. I have a lot of various .bin files on my computer which I often refer to as a reference which help me learn. I am not looking to discredit anyone or do anything wrong.

Do you care to tell me what I've missed in regards to implementing launch control in my .bin?

Or do you atleast wish to tell me why, in your opinion, you say I have not properly implemented launch control in my file?

royce5950

My hard
Take a look at measuring block 32 and check your fuel trims.

Alright I'll check, you mean in vcds right?

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: