Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Author Topic: Big Turbo 1.8T help  (Read 41820 times)
mattytdi

« Reply #60 on: March 02, 2016, 12:12:28 AM »

Did you re-scale for those injectors Jonamond?
 I used my calculation theory to adjust the scale on my KRKTE today... she's running...quite nicely Smiley
Using the same methods, I would call your injectors 840cc, provided your fuel filter is flowing adequately...

Is your maf element clean..?  Giving it a good rinse with maf cleaner can have a huge impact on the car's driveability & response. They're often neglected. Smiley
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 12:55:49 AM by mattytdi » Logged

Jonamond

« Reply #61 on: March 02, 2016, 03:53:03 AM »

Did you re-scale for those injectors Jonamond?
 I used my calculation theory to adjust the scale on my KRKTE today... she's running...quite nicely Smiley
Using the same methods, I would call your injectors 840cc, provided your fuel filter is flowing adequately...

Is your maf element clean..?  Giving it a good rinse with maf cleaner can have a huge impact on the car's driveability & response. They're often neglected. Smiley

I haven't rescaled the injectors yet, i just wanted to see where they are at first. And yes, I cleaned the maf sensor before I installed it. So far it's running noticeably better! Once the roads clear up I'll get a few logs. Thanks!
Jonamond

« Reply #62 on: May 14, 2016, 08:20:24 PM »

A bit of an update everyone...

The china turbo bit the dust, piece of the exhaust wheel broke off. I've had it rebuilt by a local turbo rebuilder who has added an actual garrett 50 trim wheel (not the 47ish that comes with it), new exhaust wheel and switched over to a .58 a/r turbine housing.

Ive also ditched the 630cc dekas for the more desirable 550cc ev14's. At this point, my main objectives are to:

1 - Sort out my fueling (Rich at idle and fluctuation @ wot, very rich @ redline)

2 - Maf high limit codes on wot runs

3 - n75 to hold steady boost ( temp disabled with mbc to get fueling right)

Ill be looking around the forums for now and will update if I solve anything. Heres a few logs for now.
Jonamond

« Reply #63 on: May 17, 2016, 10:45:08 AM »

Anyone able to shed some light for me here?

From what I understand, the Maf high limit is setting because the feedback from the maf is going past 5.0volts. What happens when it passes that? The ecu doesn't read it higher than 5.0v so does it continue with that 5.0v value upwards from that. If so, wouldn't it want to run lean? In the higher rpm its going rich. Does this mean once the maf hits the 5.0v cap, it references onto another table? Or theres other issues i need to address?

thanks
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 10:46:58 AM by Jonamond » Logged
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #64 on: May 17, 2016, 10:54:35 AM »

From what I understand, the Maf high limit is setting because the feedback from the maf is going past 5.0volts.

What makes you think you are hitting 5v? Are you logging MAF voltage?

What happens when it passes that? The ecu doesn't read it higher than 5.0v so does it continue with that 5.0v value upwards from that.

If the max is 5v, how would it continue past that?

If so, wouldn't it want to run lean? In the higher rpm its going rich. Does this mean once the maf hits the 5.0v cap, it references onto another table? Or theres other issues i need to address?

None of that makes any sense.

http://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning#Primary

If you do scale your MAF, you may throw a "MAF too high" code. You'll have to increase:

KFMLDMX - HFM threshhold for B_maxflr diagnosis
    MLMAX - maximum airflow

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Jonamond

« Reply #65 on: May 17, 2016, 11:10:39 AM »

Thanks nyet

- For some reason I thought the high limit code was because maf voltage was maxing out.

- Not that it matters now, but I'll better explain my question. In the event that the maf does hit 5v let's say half way through a WOT run, the Ecu won't be able to read anymore air flow correct? This would make the remainder of the wot run to go lean? Or would the Ecu correct it buy not relying on the maf at the point at correct it another way.

Sorry if I didn't explain it right
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #66 on: May 17, 2016, 11:23:16 AM »

- Not that it matters now, but I'll better explain my question. In the event that the maf does hit 5v let's say half way through a WOT run, the Ecu won't be able to read anymore air flow correct? This would make the remainder of the wot run to go lean?

Likely you'll throw a MAF code and go alpha-n

But yes, if it does not, and the ECU is unaware the MAF is maxed out, it may see less air than is being ingested, and go lean. Your analysis is spot on there.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Jonamond

« Reply #67 on: May 17, 2016, 08:48:37 PM »

Would anyone be able to help me find

KFMLDMX and MLMAX?

I cant seem to find a xdf with it defined and I have no idea how to find it or add it on my own...

ktm733

« Reply #68 on: May 17, 2016, 11:32:05 PM »

I couldn't find mlmax for the life of me sorry. I tried. It's a two value map
Jonamond

« Reply #69 on: May 18, 2016, 10:12:58 AM »

Thank you for the help. Unfortunately all of my experience has been with "Tuner Pro". I'm very unfamiliar with WinOLS. I tried switching the values over into tuner pro but its not working for me.

any chance of an xdf?
ktm733

« Reply #70 on: May 18, 2016, 07:58:07 PM »

KFMLDMX= 28CFE
y axis= 1389A
x axis=291A4
A4Rich

« Reply #71 on: May 19, 2016, 09:41:41 AM »

KFLDIMX= 28CFE
y axis= 1389A
x axis=291A4

KFMLDMX = 1E5D0
x axis = 1E5B6
y axis = 1E5C6

Thanks for sharing.  Smiley

Based on your KP, I fixed map info above info.

I can make an xdf file later this weekend.
Jonamond

« Reply #72 on: May 19, 2016, 09:58:27 AM »

Thanks again guys!
Jonamond

« Reply #73 on: May 19, 2016, 10:35:45 AM »

I'm sorry guys this is part is still new to me.

I'm trying to lookup how to determine what all the other variables are (data size,8bit,16bit/ address steps etc.) I haven't got a clue.
Jonamond

« Reply #74 on: May 19, 2016, 10:52:27 AM »

This is as close as I can seem to get it
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  

Jump to: