Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Audi A4 B8 MED17.5 -> MED17.1 Immo question  (Read 1263 times)
quattro85

« on: April 11, 2024, 12:03:44 AM »

So trying to fix HPFP issues I have (as in logs here http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=4996.msg165224#msg165224), I decided to change ECU for 2.0TFSI one, so I can drive uprated HITACHI HPFP.

I found 2nd hand 8K2 907 115 AL - which is 2.0 quattro NAR market automatic car, but I think it will be easy to recode it for manual transmission.

I already figured out wiring differences between both ECUs, so I'll fix this pin out differences.

Now the question is - if someone makes for me Immo off of this ECU will it start the car without problem, nevertheless powerclass of old and new ECU should be different?
fastboatster

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2024, 04:01:04 PM »

My guess is that the engine will start, but the question is whether other powetrain modules will complain about the powerclass. Since you got a manual transmission, might not be an issue. Immo off typically patches SiaRls (immobilizer release function), it should not prevent it from starting even if powerclass is not the same. But you have to try and see for yourself, tough to guess 100% over the internet.
H2Deetoo

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2024, 12:18:09 AM »

I'm pretty sure the powerclass isn't used by anything else other than the immo handshake.
So if you patch your donor ecu to immo-off it should have no problems regarding its old immo data.

Regards,
H2Deetoo
quattro85

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2024, 01:01:44 PM »

Thank you guys.
So a little update on the topic.

After rearranging of pins in ECU connectors and Immo off job car starts without problem and ECU have communication with ABS/ESP and Parking brake.
However there is SAFE on the dashboard next to the mileage counter, and I have error in 05-Acc/Start Auth. module for Imo data not adapted in ECU, and another two faults in 01-Engine ECU - one for internal flash checksum error, and another one for start blocked by immobilizer.
Nevertheless car starts and you can rev it without problem.

I think this guy that made immo off doesn't do good enough job and that's why I get those errors.
Let's say it is not a big deal if I can get right fueling with 2.0 Hitachi HPFP.

Soon I'll post my notes for rewiring 1.8 wiring loon in order to use 2.0 ECU on those cars.

Regards,
Chris
_nameless

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2024, 03:56:17 PM »

Thank you guys.
So a little update on the topic.

After rearranging of pins in ECU connectors and Immo off job car starts without problem and ECU have communication with ABS/ESP and Parking brake.
However there is SAFE on the dashboard next to the mileage counter, and I have error in 05-Acc/Start Auth. module for Imo data not adapted in ECU, and another two faults in 01-Engine ECU - one for internal flash checksum error, and another one for start blocked by immobilizer.
Nevertheless car starts and you can rev it without problem.

I think this guy that made immo off doesn't do good enough job and that's why I get those errors.
Let's say it is not a big deal if I can get right fueling with 2.0 Hitachi HPFP.

Soon I'll post my notes for rewiring 1.8 wiring loon in order to use 2.0 ECU on those cars.

Regards,
Chris
Post the original dumps and I will do a proper immo off

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
quattro85

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2024, 10:55:11 PM »

That one is a little bit tricky.

I don't have scanmatic so I can use pcm flash for bench read, so I gave the ECU to a guy here.
He send me files that he read originally from the ECU, but I can't be sure about this.
I already noticed he is not so aware what he is doing, and not a well orginized.
For example I asked him to change TPROT bytes in flash after removing immo, so my friend can read/write after that with kess.
He was not able to change those two bytes, nevertheless I gave to him address where he can find them.
So I asked to send me immo off flash file, to change them on my own.
It turns out he send me original flash file, so no immo off.

Now I'm thinking that he managed to do some frankenstein writing back 2.0T flash and 1.8T eeprom - I'll check this later.

So that are flash and eeprom that he send me for original files - let's hope they are original and form the same ECU  Grin
_nameless

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2024, 12:24:47 AM »

Use Pcm flash module 71

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
quattro85

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2024, 02:07:56 AM »

Yeah I know it is possible, but I don't have scanmatik hardware to do it on bench.

I do this only for my cars, and trough OBD only.

That's why I should delegate this things to some other peoples that have the hardware and don't know how to use it  Grin

Anyway - if I found a bench hardware right now I'll read the same shit that is inside the ECU right now Smiley

Let's hope this guy sent to me real original backup (flash+eeprom) from the 2.0 ECU (the files that I include in rar file above).

quattro85

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2024, 09:31:12 AM »

Ok!
I was searching for options to do this on my own, so I can send to the guy exact files (flash +eeprom) which to write back to the ECU on bench.

In flash file I tried to disable Immo and TPROT.
In Eepr file I changed ECU coding, VIN identification and Immo.

Both files should be checksum correct.

I found out that two different Immo off tools, changed two different bytes in Eepr file (first one change byte in 0x0A in each block, and second one changed byte at 0x20 in each block - I doubt both methods works)

Can you confirm if they are good enough?

Original files - few posts above
gt-innovation

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2024, 12:26:38 PM »

The Xor method in eeprom does not always work and also does not stop the error messages to the Dash.

The method that can be used to pflash on old med17 ecus needs 2-3 things.

1.Bypass siaRLS (Return 1)
2.Bypass DTC on siaError (Tell function that there was no error)
3.Kill CAN message to dash on a certain ini Function.

There might be an easier method but this is what worked for me on the oldies.On newer Ecus like simos18/19 med17.1.62 or mg1 things are much easier.
prj

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2024, 02:35:36 AM »

The Xor method in eeprom does not always work and also does not stop the error messages to the Dash.

The method that can be used to pflash on old med17 ecus needs 2-3 things.

1.Bypass siaRLS (Return 1)
2.Bypass DTC on siaError (Tell function that there was no error)
3.Kill CAN message to dash on a certain ini Function.

There might be an easier method but this is what worked for me on the oldies.On newer Ecus like simos18/19 med17.1.62 or mg1 things are much easier.

It's possible to do it also in immo code and then it works like the new ones.
I did it for Simos 8.4 immo code, and MED17 shares that code.

No need to touch siaRLS or touch any DTC, enough to patch one function.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
quattro85

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2024, 07:55:24 AM »

As promised - here you can find rewiring that should be made in ECU loom, so you can use 2.0T Med17.1 ECU instead of 1.8T Med17.5.

https://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=4996.msg165400#msg165400

At first I forget to move signal from G40 Hall sender - car starts but with longer cranking - it seems ECU manage to deal with missing camshaft reference signal quite well.
fastboatster

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2024, 03:40:49 PM »

It's possible to do it also in immo code and then it works like the new ones.
I did it for Simos 8.4 immo code, and MED17 shares that code.

No need to touch siaRLS or touch any DTC, enough to patch one function.
curious if your simos 8.4 immo off works with dsgs. I tried an immo off from some Canadian dude and the trans (dl501) would just stay in N with "incompatible ecu software error", even if I immo offed the original ECU.
prj

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2024, 10:33:32 PM »

curious if your simos 8.4 immo off works with dsgs. I tried an immo off from some Canadian dude and the trans (dl501) would just stay in N with "incompatible ecu software error", even if I immo offed the original ECU.
It probably does. Most likely it was not done properly.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
fastboatster

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2024, 10:59:36 PM »

It probably does. Most likely it was not done properly.
is it available via Vehical? I saw that it lists immo offs for Simos 18 and 12, no mention of Simos 8.x
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: