Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Immobiliser  (Read 19196 times)
Rick

« on: September 28, 2010, 12:51:31 PM »

So, I'm going to get a spare ECU hopefully, albeit a different model from that on the car.  Does ME7 have an immobiliser built in?  Will i need to code this out so that it will run my car?

Rick
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 12:11:58 PM by nyet » Logged
Tony@NefMoto
Administrator

2001.5 Audi S4 Stage 3

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 02:49:36 PM »

Some ME7s have immobilizers but not all of them. You can disable the immobilizer, or pair the new ECU to your instrument cluster. I don't have any experience with this though. The Ross-Tech website lists some procedures for pairing immobilizers I believe.

Remember you have to log in if you want to see the file attachments!
Info or questions, please add to the wiki: http://www.nefariousmotorsports.com/wiki
Follow NefMoto developments on Twitter: http://twitter.com/nefmoto
Drehkraft

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2010, 05:18:05 PM »

Some ME7s have immobilizers but not all of them. You can disable the immobilizer, or pair the new ECU to your instrument cluster. I don't have any experience with this though. The Ross-Tech website lists some procedures for pairing immobilizers I believe.

Two ways you can kill the immob.  Main program or on the immo coding (serial eeprom on the back of the me7 board.   There are 4 memory locations to be changed on the serial chip. 2 to make the change - 2 for the checksum.
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2010, 07:29:48 AM »

What about adding factory IMMO to the S4?

Say you have a euro cluster that supports IMMO (S4/RS4).  And I guess the other small little hardware additions (RFID reader on the column, wiring changes if needed, etc).

What would it take to add IMMO to our ECU's?  Or possibly adapt say an 01+ A6 ECU (which has IMMO) to our cars?

SCHNELL ENGINEERING BLOG ·  STANDALONE ECUS · TUNING · DYNO · WIRING · PARTS · VEMS
Google Talk: NOTORIOUS.VR
n00bs start here: http://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning
Tony@NefMoto
Administrator

2001.5 Audi S4 Stage 3

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2010, 02:36:09 PM »

I would think that if you have an instrument cluster with immo, and the other necessary hardware, then the software is really the easy part.

I would assume we would need to go through the wiring diagrams of a car with immo and see if the B5 S4 is missing any necessary parts.

It may be possible to turn on immo in the stock B5 S4 cluster as well.

Remember you have to log in if you want to see the file attachments!
Info or questions, please add to the wiki: http://www.nefariousmotorsports.com/wiki
Follow NefMoto developments on Twitter: http://twitter.com/nefmoto
Rick

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2010, 08:09:59 AM »

Does anyone know which imobiliser is used in the Euro/UK B5?  There are different procedures to disable as found here:
http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/cars/immobilizer.html
spen

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2010, 12:07:42 PM »

It is almost certainly an immo3.  Pair it up, and don't speak of disabling the immo again!!  Tongue
Rick

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2010, 02:00:55 PM »

Don't think it is, as it says from 2001 - Mine is a 99.  When I put the G box in, (well H flashed to G), i get fault code immobilizer stopped engine start.  No symbol flashing on my dashboard either.  When I use the M box flash (still on H box) it starts no problem.  I want to move to a G flash as we have the full damos for it, M box XDF doesn't contain all the maps/parameters.

Rick
setzi62

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2010, 05:34:32 AM »

I believe the Gbox image uses immo3 and your car has an older immo version.
If you flash the Gbox image into your ecu, this software tries to communicate
using immo3 specific messages. Since there is no matching immo, the ecu
stops the engine. Most probably the only way you can use the Gbox image in
your car is to do as Drehkraft mentioned above.

Rick

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2010, 06:23:56 AM »

Setzi,

i was actually going to post something along those lines - thank you for confirming this. 

I'll wait until Spen has done some more dissasembly and comes across the immob.  M box flash will do for now Smiley

Rick
SundayNightDriver

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2010, 01:21:48 PM »

Guys, I'm having a major problem with the immo of my 1999 Audi A8 4D2. When temperature drops below about 5 C, the yellow key symbol flashes and a "signal too low, ECU blocked" error is recorded.
The "facelift" 2000 model does not have a separate immo unit, it is integrated in the instrument cluster.

To make a long story short, I cannot locate the source of the problem and I need a way to disable the immo. Any help would be very much appreciated, possibly for a little donation.
spen

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2010, 04:52:20 PM »

SundayNightDriver, if your error is stored on your instrument cluser either your transponder in your keyfob isnt working or more likely your ignition barrel coil which energises the transponder is tired. 

I can't post how to switch off an immo, to do so would allow anyone to build an ECU which would start any matching car thus breaking thousands of immo enabled ecus out there.  I'm not saying that this info isn't available online already; but I won't link it.

Most tuning companies could do this for you, once you've demonstated good title to the car. It shouldn't take more than 15 minutes.
SundayNightDriver

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2010, 06:13:41 AM »

Since the immo works at higher temperatures, I tried heating the reading coil, but it didn't change anything.
Also, the fact that leaving the ignition enabled for a few minutes usually fixes the problem leads me to believe something is wrong with the integrated immo unit itself. The instrument cluster is quite expensive and has to be matched at the dealer. The keys are ok.
I don't want to spend over 100 EUR on a new matched cylinder lock + adaption only to find out the problem was somewhere else.

The immo on this old A8 must be considered broken anyway, there are also open replacement ECUs available. All it does is lock out a LOT of the car's 2nd or 3rd owners.

I don't think the info to disable it is available online. The emergency start procedure discussed at RossTech is not possible on a year 2000 model. Either the EEPROM has to be altered or the firmware itself.

As a last resort I could try to find a tuning company here, but they charge enormous prices in Germany. Plus I wouldn't have any info about how to disable it. I have a CS degree and work in IT so I have some technical interest too, I just don't think I have the time and experience to get it done myself right now. Been a long time since I worked with ASM last time.
SundayNightDriver

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2010, 02:24:00 PM »

Ok the immo is off. Thanks again to whatever he calls himself here and who originally posted the info..

First, you can have it turned off here for 100 EUR without presenting any title to the car or whatever, by sending in the ECU. With all the problems we have in Germany with car theft (East Europe is near).. so why the secrecy?

EEPROM could be read/written fine in-circuit and it's the same change for the gas A8 4Ds as for the Golf etc from that era, i.e. set 0x12 and 0x22 from 01 to 02 and correct checksums.

Now what I would still be interested in is where these values are actually checked in the firmware.
Also it would be a nice project to read/modify the VDO cluster firmware to turn off the immo LED and control the other parts of the cluster.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 02:25:32 PM by SundayNightDriver » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: