Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Which tool for tuning 2004 Land Rover Discovery?  (Read 4105 times)
cornercase

« on: June 12, 2013, 05:35:40 PM »

Hi all, I'm new to this forum but not to tuning.  In the past I spent most of my time tuning my Megasquirted Volvo and my '04 WRX and now I'd like to tackle something a little weird.  I have a 2004 Land Rover Discovery (Bosch Motronic 5.2.1) and I want to engine swap it and loose the boat anchor that currently lives under the hood.  I'd like to be able to change the maps and constants so I can keep the current system and not go crazy with wiring.  The MPPS, Galletto, and KWP2000 all claim to program the 5.2.1 system in BMW but I haven't found any confirmation of people doing this.  I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions about which one I should use for this application.  I'll be programming with Windows 7 but also run OS X and Ubuntu, so if you have any cross-platform experience, I'd appreciate guidance.

So, which tool should I try first?

Thanks so much!
rangerovering

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 06:11:34 AM »

Hi, bumping this back up I am looking to remap a Motronic 5.2.1 to suit some engines upgrades causing the air/fuel raito to be out of sync (its a high compression max gas flowed 4.6 rover V8!).

Any help would be great,

Cheers
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: