Pages: [1]
Author Topic: DQ250 downshift timing  (Read 545 times)
EngineerFreely

« on: January 15, 2024, 08:09:21 AM »

Hows it going? I am working through tuning my DQ250 (2011 GTI transmission) for the first time.  I am trying to compared what I need to get all of the DS characteristics sorted on the transmission side.  I have a screenshot from HP tuners and noticed their in a synchronization section that I cannot find in the fully defined "DSG6" ols file.

Can someone just point me to what the map is called to find these values?  I can sort through my tune to figure out where it is.

Thanks

prj

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2024, 08:35:28 AM »

I don't think those are labelled correctly in hptuners.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
EngineerFreely

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2024, 02:47:53 PM »

This is a strong possibility.

I matched up the ones in the image above just based on the values in the table.  I scoured through hundreds of tables to find ANYTHING that had a 1-6 gear selection and a speed in ms.

Can you elaborate on just the simple downshift tuning via the TCM?  What tables do I need to focus on to get my DS to be quicker? 
prj

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2024, 03:30:20 PM »

You're not going to get a significant difference.
Downshift is very slow on DSG, if the wrong gear is pre-selected.
It's so slow, that they even have a "gear emulation" with slipping the clutch to hide it.

On upshift there are target times for synchronization, but they don't make too much difference besides making the shift feel hard, as the faster time you request the more torque gets reduced.

This is not like a torque converter automatic transmission that can go from any gear to any gear.

If you have e.g. 4th gear selected and you want to go into 2nd, and it has 5th gear pre-selected, then it needs to select 3rd, switch to it, then select 2nd, switch to it.
Usually in this case they make an emulation of 2nd gear with 3rd gear + clutch slip.

So the nr1 thing is having the correct gear pre-selected. This is over 90% of the shift time.
Then you have the downshift synchronization gradient (KrsNp), and also "Überschneidung" (overlap) is configurable, but you can't really go much lower than stock with it or there will be jitter when finishing the shift...

In the end it boils down to not having the wrong gear preselected.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: