Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
Author Topic: Chris tuning thread. now running meth - overboost :(  (Read 58859 times)
carsey

« Reply #45 on: July 23, 2014, 10:54:47 AM »

Already running 75% from 5800rpm and 79% at 6500rpm in IMX.

Looking at the boost pressure desired vs actual.  If you do a WOT run, will the ECU get the boost to the desired then adjust WGDC to hold that line steady?

Looking at the pic, my desired boost has fell on previous logs (where I capped LDRXN - which was still above the actual boost I was seeing in the logs like I shown in previous posts.) .  Guess upping the desired boost is a case of raising LDRXN to get where I want it.

Think im confusing myself here a bit now. lol
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2014, 10:57:02 AM »

I suspect that at redline, there is no difference between 50% dc and 100% dc with your setup.

But yes, the purpose of the PID is to get actual to meet req. In fact, that is the purpose of all PIDs Tongue

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
carsey

« Reply #47 on: July 23, 2014, 11:25:04 AM »

Upped the LDRXN plot to get boost where want it (desired)  Done that using the 10*(LDRXN)+300mbar trick.  So that should get my desired boost where im seeing on the logs.  Which I then hope will allow the ECU to use the IMX graph I have set up to get that boost and not bring in any LDR-adaptions.   In theory anyhow.   Will need to flash it on and get the car out from behind the other 2 on the drive and go test.

Just seems wierd having a LDRXN set that high, but if thats the way it has to work, thats the way it shall be lol.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #48 on: July 23, 2014, 11:49:43 AM »

Done that using the 10*(LDRXN)+300mbar trick.

Again, that is a ballpark approximation. Logging req boost will tell you if you are close. If you want to know what to put in LDRXN, you can look what req load a given req boost corresponds to... it won't be exactly right but it will be much more accurate than 10*load+300

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
carsey

« Reply #49 on: July 23, 2014, 12:19:21 PM »

Yeah, get what you mean.  Dont really have the right data to work that out as all my previous runs have been flatlined ldrxn and been too far out to see exactly whats going on in terms of that.  Bit of a process of elimination when I have a ldrxn map that might be somewhere near with the rough 10*load+300 figure.

Will give it a go and report back.  Hopefully its a step in the right direction. Smiley
carsey

« Reply #50 on: July 25, 2014, 08:33:04 AM »

Well capped my load through LDRXN and still pretty much the same.  Boost is pretty much how I want it.  19psi on spool (because of the overshoot in higher gears) and 20psi held after 4000rpm roughly.

The plan of bringing LDRXN down to get the boost pressure desired kind of didnt work Sad

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #51 on: July 25, 2014, 09:25:25 AM »

Believe me, try harder. You want lde to be zero or you are in trouble.

You do not want that much positive deviation.

Pick one: bring your req boost down or your actual boost up in midrange.

Up top, you have to bring your req boost down regardless, since you are maxing your dc.

I'll help with getting actual to match.

ECUx Plot

carsey

« Reply #52 on: July 25, 2014, 09:46:06 AM »

Not giving up just yet!

New ldrxn is in picture.  Worked out looking at actual boost and plotting where that lands up on the axis on the engine load graph.

Will give it a try - hopefully it doesnt do what it did last time and pull all my boost back so I was under by about 4-5psi.

Chris
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #53 on: July 25, 2014, 09:51:25 AM »

Either way you probably want to bring up I max.

ECUx Plot

carsey

« Reply #54 on: July 25, 2014, 09:52:08 AM »

Will go log that LDRXN now, and then see what I can do with I-max.  Ill be back in 15minutes lol
carsey

« Reply #55 on: July 25, 2014, 10:16:59 AM »

Looks a lot better in terms of LDR-adpation.  Nothing over 1.1 now so definitely coming down.  Could probably tweak IMX now to get it to follow the requested load.   Might be worth dropping it a touch more 6400RPM+ as right up top end boost actual seems about 8-9psi.

Looks a lot better in my eyes tho.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #56 on: July 25, 2014, 10:20:30 AM »

Don't worry about load. Concentrate on boost.

lookin really good now though. you're close!

ECUx Plot

carsey

« Reply #57 on: July 25, 2014, 10:26:02 AM »

Raised my IMX up roughly 4-5% from 4500rpm onwards.  now 82% from 6000rpm and 84% from 6500rpm.

Will the bit on spool matter, or just midrange?  Maybe worth dropping sub 3500rpm down a couple points in LDRXN?

27-34c Inlet temps are pretty high.  Weather app on phone shows 24c here - so a pretty warm day - especially for england hahaha Cheesy
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #58 on: July 25, 2014, 10:34:47 AM »

Raised my IMX up roughly 4-5% from 4500rpm onwards.  now 82% from 6000rpm and 84% from 6500rpm.

Will the bit on spool matter, or just midrange?  Maybe worth dropping sub 3500rpm down a couple points in LDRXN?

27-34c Inlet temps are pretty high.  Weather app on phone shows 24c here - so a pretty warm day - especially for england hahaha Cheesy

Don't worry about LDE during spool, at those RPM ranges there is no I adaptation... in fact, if you have req boost follow actual too closely during ramp, you'll give up spool because DC won't be 100% anymore! Go ahead and bring in LDRXN early, just make sure you don't run into pos deviation limp during spool. Make sure DC stays at 100% until just before actual meets req.

You can be pretty aggressive..

ECUx Plot

carsey

« Reply #59 on: July 25, 2014, 10:43:37 AM »

Brought it down roughly 4 prior to 3500rpm and smoothed it out so it doesnt look sharp and spikey,  should still be high enough for turbo to still be spooling in that area.  That with the bit extra up top as I mentioned should have me pretty much bang on getting it to follow requested boost.

Looking at the timing from that log, seems within tolerance from 4800rpm upwards, so could probably get a bit midrange dialled in sub 4800rpm. Smiley  Not entirely sure if ive logged all the timing variables in my logs, but doesnt seem to be any interventions getting in the way either - but thats a whole different story lol.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
  Print  

Jump to: