Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Need some insight  (Read 4691 times)
A4Maine-iac

« on: April 24, 2012, 05:02:03 PM »

So been going round and round with my tuner and well just seems as though not getting there. Ive attached the tune and logs that i did for MAF, actual vs requested and AFR. So the info. So ive had him tune my 02 1.8t stage I before with no issues. Then i went with a GT2X and 440cc injectors. Went back and forth sending my ecu in. Had issues with idle and what not. So he says he removed the rear 02 code do to the fact i have a test pipe. But code keeps comming up after the install. The real big issue is the fueling. I was getting running rich cel all the time. He thought it was my injectors. So i then installed some 380cc. Still same cel. I was able to avoid the running rich cel by using uni tune. Dropped primary by -25 and still show AFR at -16 as you can see. What i also noticed is that requested vs actual boost is way off. And when it goes above is when the afr gets out of wack. Are you able to see anything in the tune and logs that would assist. I know my car and no boost leaks to do this. I even installed a new MAF. Mods for refrence.
GT2X-380cc(should be 440cc) Magnaflo exhaust-Testpipe-CAI-Downpipe.
Also the logs are 2 warm ups the 3rd is 3rd gear pull.

Thanks guys.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 05:11:07 PM by A4Maine-iac » Logged
IamwhoIam

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 01:42:52 PM »

honestly? tell your tuner to send your money back and either find a REAL tuner, or start tuning it yourself. that file has no mods whatsoever for injectors, test pipe or big turbo. in fact it looks like a file put together by a monkey.

I have no logs because I have a boost gauge (makes things easier)
A4Maine-iac

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 04:42:35 AM »

Did you get that observation from the tune itself or the logs?
RaraK

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2012, 05:12:55 AM »

without looking at anything in the file, logs solely.

You need to adjust fueling no doubt.  Injectors are not calibrated properly.

Did "tuner" tell you too upgrade the maf sensor housing in attempts to match a % or change rather than tune it properly.

185 g/s is weak, you should be in the 225+ range at lower boost witht hat turbo(your at 1 bar now roughly)  fueling will make a drastic change.

hows your gas mileage Tongue 
A4Maine-iac

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2012, 09:42:39 AM »

No request for different MAF. Weird that g/s are that bad. I have a brand new Bosch MAF in there. What else would make the MAF be that off? I would assume i would get a code if wiring was bad. Gas isnt actually that bad. 29.2 but of course that is with 380's in there. Cant run my 440's without getting running rich mil. At least with the 380's i can adjust enough not to get it. What i figured out is that without adjustment and at WOT im prolly running -39. friggen crazy. Any way to look in the file and see?
A4Maine-iac

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2012, 06:14:04 PM »

Any one able to read thr tune?

Thanks
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: