Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 26
Author Topic: Emissions delete and setting actual readiness  (Read 339900 times)
professor

« Reply #150 on: October 09, 2012, 10:34:36 AM »

Yes, but that is only one of seven bytes.

I would log the cycle (Z_) and error (E_) flags associated with whichever readiness test is failing. That will show you the root of the failure. Also evsup1, but I can't provide the location for his ECU.

I'll check CWKONABG, but IIRC that should only affect ready.0.

professor, if you post our bin, I will try to check it out sometime.

phila_dot one question pls: The order of the amplifiers, not its bin values,  inside FR is strictly followed by all ECU's or can be reverted in any order?
p.e.  032RP and 032HN can have SLP,SLV etc amplifier's location on different block/line? Or all amplifiers are located on same block's locations, different ECU pin isnt a problem, but with different bin values / per amplifier? This is what i have understood.

Also stock 032RP is attached.

Seat Ibiza MK4 Cupra 1.8t 20V, stg3.
"Those 1.8T 20V machines are really tough" ©
rob.mwpropane

« Reply #151 on: October 09, 2012, 03:28:23 PM »

I have compared 5 different binaries, and none of them exactly matched any of the layouts decribed in either FR.

Which binaries?

Have you  looked at any 1.8t binaries? I've looked at some of them. Everything matches in every block except for block 5 (assuming you number them 1-7 and not 0-6). I can't imagine the layout being different from one another, so would it be safe to say that they are as described in the first layout in the German FR?

This has nothing to do with cars but you can see my glorifying job at,

www.MWPropane.com
phila_dot

« Reply #152 on: October 09, 2012, 04:03:15 PM »

phila_dot one question pls: The order of the amplifiers, not its bin values,  inside FR is strictly followed by all ECU's or can be reverted in any order?
p.e.  032RP and 032HN can have SLP,SLV etc amplifier's location on different block/line? Or all amplifiers are located on same block's locations, different ECU pin isnt a problem, but with different bin values / per amplifier? This is what i have understood.

Also stock 032RP is attached.

I may not understand your question, but the order of the amplifiers is different among binaries and only a few are defined in the FR (none of the binaries I have looked at match either FR).

Just based on the bit patterns, I do think that you have the correct bit pair for SLP. It looks like SLP would be bits 0 and 1 in block 5 and SLV is bits 2 and 3 block 6.
phila_dot

« Reply #153 on: October 09, 2012, 04:12:21 PM »

Which binaries?

Have you  looked at any 1.8t binaries? I've looked at some of them. Everything matches in every block except for block 5 (assuming you number them 1-7 and not 0-6). I can't imagine the layout being different from one another, so would it be safe to say that they are as described in the first layout in the German FR?

Mostly S4 binaries.

The 1.8T binaries I looked at do start with ZUE and EV as described, but how did you settle on the first one in the FR?

The ones that you looked at match every bit pair to the FR? Must be nice.

The S4 binaries were all laid out the same, but are completely different than the FR. masterj and professor's binaries are nearly identical except block 4 and do not match exactly the FR.

I was identifying blocks 0-6 as numbered in the FR.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 05:09:22 PM by phila_dot » Logged
rob.mwpropane

« Reply #154 on: October 09, 2012, 04:43:50 PM »

Mostly S4 binaries.

The 1.8T binaries I looked at do start with ZUE and EV as described, but how did you settle on the first one in the FR?

The ones that you looked at match every bit pair to the FR? Must be nice.

Maybe I'm wording it wrong. I only settled on the first layout in the FR based off it's heading "Configuration for projects Audi 1.8l 5V sucker longitudinal installation and Turbo"; this is just an assumption (and not at all tested...)

What I mean when I say that they match is not that they match the layout in the FR, but rather each other...

MY 2001 A4 170 255 000 048 255 248 048
masterj       170 255 000 048 255 248 048
professor     170 255 000 048 207 248 048

(fwiw; I was refering to block 5 what you called block 4)

The other 3 1.8t binaries that I looked at all were the same; except in some cases block 4.

www.MWPropane.com
phila_dot

« Reply #155 on: October 09, 2012, 04:54:50 PM »

Gotcha.

Except block 4 according to me?  Grin

Do you happen to know what hardware differences exist between these cars? What is professor's car equipped with that the other two aren't?
rob.mwpropane

« Reply #156 on: October 09, 2012, 05:10:35 PM »

Gotcha.

Except block 4 according to me?  Grin

Do you happen to know what hardware differences exist between these cars? What is professor's car equipped with that the other two aren't?

I was counting from the hex when I typed, forgot to start with 0 instead of 1... Shocked

At any rate, I'm unaware of the hardware differences, although my bin is US and masterj is EURO. As far as I can tell from our conversations; identical hardware. Both binaries are almost identical. As for professor, I'm not sure. Hopefully, he'll chime in....

www.MWPropane.com
phila_dot

« Reply #157 on: October 09, 2012, 08:16:44 PM »

Not to switch gears too much, but I wanted to go back to CWKONABG and evsup1 for a minute.

evsup1.0 == B_katfz (CWKONABG.0) "Catalytic Converter"
evsup1.1 == B_kath  (CWKONABG.1) "Catalyst Heating"
evsup1.2 == B_cdtes (CDTES.0) or B_cdldp (CDLDP.0) "Evaporative Emissions"
evsup1.3 == B_cdsls (CDSLS.0) "Secondary Air Injection"
evsup1.5 == B_cdlsv (CDLSV.0) "Oxygen Sensor(s)"
evsup1.6 == B_cdhsv (CDHSV.0) "Oxygen Sensor Heating"

This is what you see when you reset codes. The set bits of evsup1 become the failed/incomplete readiness tests (set bits of ready byte). If any of the bits of evsup1 are clear, disabled via codeword, then the corresponding ready bit will automatically be clear and no diagnosis is performed (automatic pass). Whether this is a good thing or not will depend on your emissions testing. Some people say that they not only check the ready byte for passing tests, but also evsup1 to ensure that the supported testing for the vehicle (based on VIN?) is what is being reported via the ready byte.

It is kinda strange that B_kath is used for ready bit 1, but this bit is automatically cleared during readiness testing with no diagnosis. As stated previously ready bit 4 (air conditioning?) and ready bit 7 (EGR) are automatically cleared as well.

Just something to keep in mind when using the codewords used in the formation of evsup1.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 08:34:21 PM by phila_dot » Logged
prj

« Reply #158 on: October 10, 2012, 12:44:37 AM »

As I understand it, in some places when they test emissions, they first check, make sure everything is passed.
After this they clear codes, and make sure that some things are no longer passed.

Personally, I think all that is needed is a small ASM code snippet to mimic this behavior regardless of what is going on in the car, and be done with it.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
professor

« Reply #159 on: October 10, 2012, 01:01:48 AM »

@rob.:
4 / .. 920 / 1 | BKV 22 | NC 24 | AAV 116 | MIL 47 | 11 11 11 00 = 252

207 means only that: 11 00 11 11 so i can only guess that MIL is located second and the others mixed up.
255  means 11 11 11 11 so all are not active at this stage of check or amplifiers are mixed up too since as phila_dot said can be placed in any order.

032RP has ESP and VVT dont know if that can effect block 4 amplifiers.

@phila_dot:
So CDSLS, CDSLV to 0 will force readiness to pass and ll not stop fuel trims with the help of ESKONF.

I ll check it out when i have the time.

masterj

« Reply #160 on: October 10, 2012, 03:29:43 AM »

evsup1.5 == B_cdlsv (CDLSV.0) "Oxygen Sensor(s)"
evsup1.6 == B_cdhsv (CDHSV.0) "Oxygen Sensor Heating"

So during readliness checks only precat sensor matters? :O CDLSV & CDHSV are both for precat...

One more thing what is this CDHSVSA map? It is also some kind of heater diagnostics...

professor

« Reply #161 on: October 10, 2012, 06:17:09 AM »

CDSLS, CDLSV and all readiness tests shows PASSED  Smiley

phila_dot

« Reply #162 on: October 10, 2012, 07:00:01 AM »

As I understand it, in some places when they test emissions, they first check, make sure everything is passed.
After this they clear codes, and make sure that some things are no longer passed.

Personally, I think all that is needed is a small ASM code snippet to mimic this behavior regardless of what is going on in the car, and be done with it.

It wouldn't be hard, but there is many ways to accomplish this. We just need to find the best way.

@rob.:
4 / .. 920 / 1 | BKV 22 | NC 24 | AAV 116 | MIL 47 | 11 11 11 00 = 252

207 means only that: 11 00 11 11 so i can only guess that MIL is located second and the others mixed up.
255  means 11 11 11 11 so all are not active at this stage of check or amplifiers are mixed up too since as phila_dot said can be placed in any order.

032RP has ESP and VVT dont know if that can effect block 4 amplifiers.

@phila_dot:
So CDSLS, CDSLV to 0 will force readiness to pass and ll not stop fuel trims with the help of ESKONF.

I ll check it out when i have the time.

I'm pretty sure that the block and bit pair layout of ESKONF is directly related to the ECU pinout.

If CDSLS is cleared (0) then the corresponding ready bit will never get set and always show PASSED. Depending on how emissions testing is conducted, this could be an issue. To answer your question though, yes, CDSLS, CDSLV, and ESKONF should allow removal of SAI components without any adverse effect.

So during readliness checks only precat sensor matters? :O CDLSV & CDHSV are both for precat...

One more thing what is this CDHSVSA map? It is also some kind of heater diagnostics...

No, only pre-cat is used for evsup1. Post cat sensors are still considered for the ready bit.

I am not familiar with that codeword off the top of my head, but HSV tells me it is pre-cat.
phila_dot

« Reply #163 on: October 10, 2012, 07:01:06 AM »

CDSLS, CDLSV and all readiness tests shows PASSED  Smiley

Is oxygen sensors passed now as well?
professor

« Reply #164 on: October 10, 2012, 09:01:06 AM »

Is oxygen sensors passed now as well?
Yes, SAI and oxygen sensor(s) PASSED now.
LTFT's working, STFT's not sure since i tested these and some other SW modifications on idle atm. I ll know later this day or tomorrow, although i am pretty sure they ll work too.

Whats the way to clarify its ECU ESKONF amplifier order per block? Can you point out the procedure?
Thanks  Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 26
  Print  

Jump to: