Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 26
Author Topic: Emissions delete and setting actual readiness  (Read 344975 times)
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #165 on: October 10, 2012, 09:25:27 AM »

professor, when you verify everything is working, can you write up a summary I can post on the s4wiki...

thanks!

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
masterj

« Reply #166 on: October 10, 2012, 09:33:15 AM »

professor, when you verify everything is working, can you write up a summary I can post on the s4wiki...

thanks!

Yes I think we need renew wiki on emission system removal...

But only problem now is ESKONF, because like phila_dot said it is not same for all the ecus...

In the end we can have these scenarios:
No CAT(s) + no post CAT o2 sensor(s)
No SAI
No EVAP
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 09:36:10 AM by masterj » Logged

phila_dot

« Reply #167 on: October 10, 2012, 10:09:07 AM »

Whats the way to clarify its ECU ESKONF amplifier order per block? Can you point out the procedure?
Thanks  Smiley

Honestly, I don't have a foolproof procedure. I just try to use every bit of information available, disassembly, comparing binaries, bit patterns, and referencing the FR.

I am thinking that there might be a relationship or pattern at least in the pins used in many different binaries.

If all else fails, then there is always trial and error.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #168 on: October 10, 2012, 10:14:13 AM »

how bout an m-box specific list? that would be a good start for the wiki. I can always add a disclaimer to say what things are box specific and not just by memory offset (but also bit position)

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
phila_dot

« Reply #169 on: October 10, 2012, 10:46:45 AM »

how bout an m-box specific list? that would be a good start for the wiki. I can always add a disclaimer to say what things are box specific and not just by memory offset (but also bit position)

Rear O2's and EGT's are the only ones that I am satisfied with our current solution.

Rear O2's are posted on page 9.

EGT is just CATR, CDATR, and CDATS for complete removal. Solution to run one EGT for both banks here:
http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=2668.0title=

I don't like SAI and evap because of the effect on evsup1. If I get a chance I will try to figure something out.

SAI ESKONF bits are on page 9 as well.
masterj

« Reply #170 on: October 10, 2012, 11:35:18 AM »

Hmm... I've tried ESKONF that phila_dot suggested, but readliness still shows incomplete or failed on both o2 sensors tests and also evap... by setting ESKONF do we instantly see passed on o2 heaters or we have to drive for a bit?  Huh

phila_dot

« Reply #171 on: October 10, 2012, 11:47:28 AM »

Hmm... I've tried ESKONF that phila_dot suggested, but readliness still shows incomplete or failed on both o2 sensors tests and also evap... by setting ESKONF do we instantly see passed on o2 heaters or we have to drive for a bit?  Huh

No, the only way that you should have an instant pass is from the evsup1 bits, for O2 heaters CDHSV.

Have you changed all of the codewords for rear O2's that I outlined on page 9. Obviously, with CDKONLS and ESKONLS specific for your car.
masterj

« Reply #172 on: October 10, 2012, 12:46:54 PM »

No, the only way that you should have an instant pass is from the evsup1 bits, for O2 heaters CDHSV.

Have you changed all of the codewords for rear O2's that I outlined on page 9. Obviously, with CDKONLS and ESKONLS specific for your car.

Here's what I did (dec values):
CWKONLS => 1
CWKONABG => 0
CDSLS => 0
CDLSH => 0
CDLATV => 0
CDLASH => 0
CDKAT => 0
CDHSHE => 0
CDHSH => 0
CLRSHK => 5
CWDLSAHK => 0
ESKONF => 240

I have only one bank with front sensor and EVAP. No sai, no cat, no post cat o2 sensor... ME7.5 Smiley

Maybe I should do something with the following maps:
CDHSVSA (cur_val: 1), CDLSA (cur_val: 1), CWDLSU (cur_val: 0)... Haven't checked FR on these maps though, just see them in prokonal section...

Oh, BTW: Is precat o2 sensor heater still diagnosed with such ESKONF configuration (I mean will ECU still detect DTCs if there should be any for precat o2 heater)? Shocked
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 12:58:08 PM by masterj » Logged

phila_dot

« Reply #173 on: October 10, 2012, 02:31:22 PM »

Here's what I did (dec values):
CWKONLS => 1
CWKONABG => 0
CDSLS => 0
CDLSH => 0
CDLATV => 0
CDLASH => 0
CDKAT => 0
CDHSHE => 0
CDHSH => 0
CLRSHK => 5
CWDLSAHK => 0
ESKONF => 240

I have only one bank with front sensor and EVAP. No sai, no cat, no post cat o2 sensor... ME7.5 Smiley

Maybe I should do something with the following maps:
CDHSVSA (cur_val: 1), CDLSA (cur_val: 1), CWDLSU (cur_val: 0)... Haven't checked FR on these maps though, just see them in prokonal section...

Oh, BTW: Is precat o2 sensor heater still diagnosed with such ESKONF configuration (I mean will ECU still detect DTCs if there should be any for precat o2 heater)? Shocked

Any reason you didn't do CDLSHV?

I'm not sure about those other codewords.

Front O2 sensor heater should have it's own seperate ESKONF bit pair.

I can post the cycle and error flags that get checked when I get home. ME7Info outputs most of them. You can take a quick log at idle to see what's causing the problem.

Have you driven the car since last clearing codes or removing power?
masterj

« Reply #174 on: October 10, 2012, 02:56:37 PM »

Any reason you didn't do CDLSHV?

I'm not sure about those other codewords.

Front O2 sensor heater should have it's own seperate ESKONF bit pair.

I can post the cycle and error flags that get checked when I get home. ME7Info outputs most of them. You can take a quick log at idle to see what's causing the problem.

Have you driven the car since last clearing codes or removing power?

There's no CDLSHV map in my file that I know of... I have CDLSV though, but that's for front sensor, no?

No I haven't driven yet after clearing out dtcs... But I did with same flash before that... I can try again ofcourse for few kilometers...

professor

« Reply #175 on: October 12, 2012, 01:14:10 AM »

thanks!
Fuel trims working.

So in order to disable SAI/EGR (total remove, electrical connectors not connected) without catalytic converter you have to make appropriate changes to the ESKONF map according to your ECU pattern for the SAI (SLP) and set CDSLS, CDLSV &  CWKONABG to zero (0).
SAI and oxygen sensor(s) now have readiness PASSED.

Seat Ibiza MK4 Cupra 1.8t 20V, stg3.
"Those 1.8T 20V machines are really tough" ©
masterj

« Reply #176 on: October 22, 2012, 05:09:52 AM »

This is emissions related question so I'm posting it here... How variable B_FAKAT is set inside ecu? I see that it should be set in TKMWL function but I can't find any definition on how it is set to TRUE or FALSE. Anyone care to explain this to me? Thanks

Jason

Breaks everything!

« Reply #177 on: October 29, 2012, 08:24:45 PM »

Verified today that phila_dot's method works perfectly with no sensors even connected.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #178 on: October 29, 2012, 08:56:47 PM »

Parameter  Location  Original(hex)  Original(dec)  New(hex)  New(dec)
ESKONF 10C7A 00 0 C0 192
ESKONF (M box) 10C7B F3 243 FF 255
ESKONF (L box) 10C7B C3 195 CF 207

After flashing the file with this being the only change, the codes are now gone.

Does this mean that if you make those modifications (mbox), none of the settings listed for rear O2 delete in the s4 wiki are needed?

I'm assuming for RS4 K/Q box no changes will be needed since there are no rear O2s on the RS4?

ECUx Plot

elRey

« Reply #179 on: October 29, 2012, 09:16:29 PM »

yea for ESKONF
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 09:18:01 PM by elRey » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 26
  Print  

Jump to: