Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Single O2 to trim both banks  (Read 12048 times)
marcellus

« on: May 11, 2012, 08:57:29 AM »

I am about to loose it.  I have been logging and tweaking fueling to get my STFT dialed in and now the banks are fighting again.  

My setup:
2.7t single turbo, 85mm maf, Innovate LC-1 emmulating the two narrowband sensors post turbo in the downpipe.  630cc injectors.  

I have been trying to average the trims between bank one and two and use that number help me edit the KFKHFM table for fueling.  I dont know what I did, but now nothing gets the two banks anywhere near each other anymore.  I can keep them within a few percentages fro a few minutes while on the freeway datalogging.  All of a sudden they start going in opposite directions and progressively gets worse until I let off the throttle or accel.  

First log attached was from this morning just showing the STFT and them progressively going haywire.

Second log was from me trying to see if it was from the requested Lambda was moving around.  I wanted to see if there was some kind of knock activity or something casuing the the car to try and add fuel.  SOMETHING......   All I saw was the knock oltages being quite a bit different from bank one to bank two.  I am not entirely sure if this causes fueling isues from bank to bank.  I thought if that was the case at least the requested would change.

I dont really want to have this big giant work around anymore.  Its causing me such a headache.  I want the thing to read one sensor to one sensor input and trim both banks the same.  I have been digging around on this issue for months and months, and the best I have seen was the LC-1 setup I am now using (snowtrooper).    

Thoughts?

« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 09:21:46 AM by marcellus » Logged
julex

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 10:34:23 AM »

You might want to see if somebody can figure out where SY_STERVK is stored in your bin. This is "stereo lambda" system constant which tell ecu if there is bank1/bank2 (dual exhaust) O2 sensors active or just Bank1 (single exhaust).

This would neatly solve all of your issues.

Rick

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 11:16:34 AM »

It isn't stored, it's done a the complie stage.
Snow Trooper

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 11:21:47 AM »

I already chased all this...  You cannot turn on mono lambda

I bet you have somehow turned interchanged sensor recognition back on.  Without LTFTs my banks don't fight each other.

cartoons?
6A 61 72 65 64 40 76 6C 6D 73 70 65 63
matchew

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2012, 11:33:13 AM »

I already chased all this...  You cannot turn on mono lambda

I'm pretty sure it is possible.
marcellus

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2012, 11:36:19 AM »

I did what you said here:

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=722.msg6469#msg6469

marcellus

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2012, 11:56:29 AM »

The more I think about it, the more I am confused.  IF the knock voltages arent taken into account when fuel is trimmed and the ecu is seeing almost the same voltages for the O2 input, whywould it just split them so far appart in fueling?

Secondly, there has to be some other ingluencing factor.  The only one I see is the knock voltages.  However I dont know if the knock voltages would be triggering the fueling issues, or the split bank fueling issue is causing the split bank knock voltages. 
Rick

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2012, 11:59:54 AM »

On a build such as this, I would simply disable any Lambda control.  Problems solved.
marcellus

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2012, 01:20:27 PM »

Disable lambda control and then dial in fueling how?  Just log with WBO2?  How do you just disable lambda control?  If the lamda control is disabled do I still ned to get the ecm the two inputs for the O2? 

I see where you are coming from.  I would like to dial in the fueling myself and not have the ecm always intervening.  I am just nervous about it...well, the o2 input is used on part throttle, and I have already verified good AFR on WOT via WBO2. 
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 01:23:29 PM by marcellus » Logged
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2012, 01:42:41 PM »

If you turn off lambda control, tuning your MAF for part throttle is actually easier, since you'll be using a wideband instead of STFTs

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
marcellus

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2012, 02:19:26 PM »

How do you turn it off?   CDKVS?

Will I have to get into the Zetronix setup to be able to log all WBo2 along with everything else?  I am currently using a Lc-1 to run the car and a standalone Lm-1 to monitor Air FUel.

marcellus

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2012, 11:49:19 AM »

Is RLLRUN what I am looking for to turn off Lambda control?  Thats the closest I can find from searching.  If it is I dont have it defined in my XDF.  Does someone the infor to make this table active?
marcellus

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2012, 09:54:42 PM »

Disabling Lambda control showed good signs of progress.  I was able to get the WBO2 to 10 hold a steady AFR.  The problem still reared its ugly head after a about 15 or so minutes of holding ~60-70mph on the freeway, the ECU started dumping fuel and dropped the AFRs into the 12s at cruise, idle dropped to the 10s.  I am so lost right now.  The STFT were not lying, something is triggering the ECU to dump fuel other than o2 readings.  The STFT were actually helping not hurting as they were removing the extra fuel.  With lambda control truned off I acutally had to pull off the freeway and flash to a previous file with lamda control on so the ecu could take care of the extra fuel for me.  
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 10:44:18 PM by marcellus » Logged
Rick

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2012, 08:28:21 AM »

Your issue is unrelated to the lambda control then.

What was your MAF saying at the time it went rich? You need to do some logs
Snow Trooper

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2012, 11:10:39 AM »

You can simply unplug the o2 connections to disable.  It is nice to really see where your fueling is.

cartoons?
6A 61 72 65 64 40 76 6C 6D 73 70 65 63
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: