Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Tuning Help  (Read 4316 times)
doubas

« on: February 23, 2016, 07:23:03 AM »

Hello guys,

I started learning Motronic tuning couple of months back when i bought from a donor 20th anni an ME7.5 ECU/Complete engine and interior Loom/WBo2 sensor/MAP sensor/Crank sensor/Throttle Pedal/ABS(complete) and few other stuffs; to replace the old ones on my MK4 AGU ME3.8.3 1999 Golf.

I've been told when i bought my car that it is stage 3 tuned (uncertain of this info) and injectors were from a TT225(380sh cc) but it had the following:
* Decat and 2.5" exhaust with 3" downpipe and APR exhaust manifold.
* Cold air intake with 3" pipe to T3/T4 turbonetics turbo.
* VR6 MAF sensor.
* Ligtweight pulleys from ECS.
* Bosch injectors I presume since the pn is wiped out and inability to identify it.
* SAI/N80/N294 were deleted.
* N75 was only electrically connected, MBC only is controlling the boost.

The car started ok with no misfires, no knocks, but here's where I have difficulties:

1- Idle is erratic/bouncy could it be MAF sensor? I replaced the existing with S4's and copied MLHFM from an M-box ECU bin, set KFKHFM to 1 across all the map but same issue
2- Pig rich running: innovate WBO2 gauge shows AFR around 11 no matter how much i lower KRKTE (slightly lowered each time until .065 ish).
3- Backfire on overrun- normal since it is running rich?
4- I managed to delete via ESKONF the N80/N249/SAI but I still get on VCDS: EVAP Leak detected
5- Always getting on VCDS also: 17705 Pressure Drop between turbo and throttle valve P1297 (I have an HKS dump valve to atmosphere) and
6- also on VCDS: 16618 Boost Pressure Regulation - Limit exceeded (Via logging on ME7Logger I get >2.5 bar boost but my gauge shows only 1 bar boost??

I know it is a lot of questions, I would like to know the right way to properly tune it, I've read the wiki here and the S4's, what am I missing? I know there might be a lot, please be gentle Grin

Many thanks in advance

_nameless

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2016, 08:55:58 AM »

Start with a stock mk4 file, copy the 225tt injector krkte and tvub. Then copy the tt maf table, that will fix your idle and fueling verify hardware first obviously. Remove the bov that's the cause of the pressure drop code.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 09:15:48 AM by Marty » Logged

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
adam-

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2016, 09:53:13 AM »

So many hardware issues and no logs.

You don't know what injectors you are tuning for.  KRKTE is not a guess, it's a calculation.

You're not running an N75, how are you controlling boost with the ECU?

Why are you running a dump valve?  This isn't a Poobaru.

Gauge pressure isn't atmos + boost, whereas the MAP sensor is.

17705 is a software issue, if you Google it you'll see.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2016, 01:00:28 PM »

Start by learning on 100% stock hardware.

If you aren't willing to do that, it means you don't actually want to learn something, you "just want it working, I don't care how".

Two totally, utterly, different goals.

If, in reality, you want the latter, find a local shop and tuner you can rely on.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
doubas

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2016, 06:00:57 AM »

Thanks everyone. The car now runs smoothly. All is stock except injectors. I think my  gauge is faulty cos the me7logger shows am on 1 afr. Will post back any updates.
doubas

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2016, 11:48:57 PM »

Update:
Although the idle is very smooth, a new problem arises: on quick heavy revving the car chokes, bangs and the RPM doesn't climb, this symptom disappears on slow throttle up to the redline. Any inputs?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2016, 11:53:04 PM »

Good thing you provided logs

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: