Pages: [1]
Author Topic: need help with A/F ratio for my 2002 Audi A4 B6 3.0V6 ASN engine  (Read 4278 times)
Otrabajo

Guys,

i would like your feedback about the current fueling (A/F ratio) in my Stage 1 ECU file. I've attached anExcel file including some WOT log data/pictures and the modified ECU file.

The problem i see in my ECU file is about A/F ratio not really going rich until not running at 5000 RPM.

Can anyone with a licensed Winols and the right damos file modify my ECU file for me in order to going richer at about 3000 RPM instead 5000 RPM? My portugese tuner is no longer available.  Undecided

ECU details:

Producer:           Bosch
Build:                 ME7.1.1
ECU-Nr.Prod:   8E0909559
ECU-Nr.ECU:       0261207596
Software:           362545

mister t

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2016, 10:54:07 AM »

Guys,

i would like your feedback about the current fueling (A/F ratio) in my Stage 1 ECU file. I've attached anExcel file including some WOT log data/pictures and the modified ECU file.

The problem i see in my ECU file is about A/F ratio not really going rich until not running at 5000 RPM.

Can anyone with a licensed Winols and the right damos file modify my ECU file for me in order to going richer at about 3000 RPM instead 5000 RPM? My portugese tuner is no longer available.  Undecided

ECU details:

Producer:           Bosch
Build:                 ME7.1.1
ECU-Nr.Prod:   8E0909559
ECU-Nr.ECU:       0261207596
Software:           362545

I looked at this "stage 1" file and compared it to an original. I hope your 'tuner' didn't charge you anymore than $20 bucks for this.... It looks like one of those ebay remaps.

All they did was add a constant to the 14x14 manifold pulsation correction maps and then add 1 or 2 degrees of timing to the KFZW and ZWOPT timing maps.

You need to change the Driver requested lambda map (6x15 at 26B39) Fortunately for you, I've posted map packs for two different hardware versions (0001 and 0004) here http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=8764.msg77937#msg77937

Just download the trial version of winOLS (or find one of the fully working versions of the 2.24 version floating around) and you can make the changes yourself. Alternatively, you can use the trial version of winOLS to look at my map areas and then use tunerpro to actually make and export the changes.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 11:09:55 AM by mister t » Logged
Otrabajo

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2016, 10:35:28 PM »

Mister T,

thank you for your help.

Please, can you:

1) Clarify the "add a constant to the 14x14 manifold pulsation correction maps"? what is it for?

2) Run an additional comparison with the last BIN file release my "Tuner" sent to me?

thank you in advance
mister t

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2016, 11:17:09 PM »

What I meant by "add a constant" was that the tuner looks to have just applied a percent change evenly across the map areas that he altered.

I have no idea why he's trying to alter the fueling in those maps. As far as I know, all they are there for is to correct for slight deviations in A/F ratios caused by different resonances at different RPMs and with different manifold flap positions.

As I said, you want to alter the 6x15 driver lambda request table.

As for differences between the two 'tuned' versions, the one you sent me only has some small changes in those same 14x14 map areas.

If you don't mind asking, how much did you pay for this garbage? If you paid anything, I would ask for a refund immediately.

It's a shame you got another one of these garbage V6 tunes. I had the same thing happen from a reputable 'tuner' who advertises all over VWVortex and Audizine. basically just added 3 degrees to ZWOPT, 4 degrees to KNZW and maxed out a few 8x8 torque limiters. I could have done the same thing in literally 5 minutes.

I guess in hindsight it was a good thing, because it was the exact reason that I started learning how to tune Motronic myself. Because I knew that I could do a better job of it than most of these off the shelf naturally aspirated 'tunes' that people pay way too much money for.

If you want a better tune, just download the one that I posted. However, I would return all the timing tables to stock values and just add 3 degrees timing to the 12x16 KFZW tables. The tune works well as is, however, I had made a mistake and added my timing to ZWOPT instead of KFZW. I corrected the map names on the .kp files, I just haven't corrected the posted tune yet.

In any event, your car will feel WAY better with the calibrations I did. You'll just need to get a cracked version of winOLS(available on torrent sites) and then compare my hardware versions to your own and add the maps in, It's very simple to do. From there, you can tweak it to suit.

Hope you get some good mileage out of the work that I posted. I did it for exactly the reason we see here. I can't stand the thought of people paying for shitty tunes for the V6 just because it wasn't a popular engine.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 11:19:33 PM by mister t » Logged
Otrabajo

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2016, 09:25:24 AM »

Mister t,

This is the webpage

http://www.ebay.es/itm/162007628938?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

of my portuguese tuner,

as you can see, he's not very expensive and he made (requested by me) two further modifications to the initial ECU "tuned" file, as my VCDS logs showed a too much rich A/F ratio when running third gear WOT testings on open road.

But i'm with you when you told me in your last message " it was the exact reason that I started learning how to tune Motronic myself. Because I knew that I could do a better job of it than most of these off the shelf naturally aspirated 'tunes' that people pay way too much money for"

now it's time for me to start the DIY way.

before going deeper, some graphs (third gear WOT) from the last portugese "art tunning work"  Grin:

A/F ratio bank 1 & bank 2

and now the big timing disaster  Huh:

not sure about how good is the following one:

[/url]

not sure how reliable is the % Load with a tuned file:

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: