Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Yet Another "Help A Noob" Thread (EV14 & RS4 MAF)  (Read 12179 times)
userpike

« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2013, 08:48:58 AM »

What he said.

Also, the way the intake is set up, if you have bends before or after the MAF makes a difference.

I'm also working on getting my MAF correct and so far it seems as if it is just easier to change all the MAF mapping accordingly for the correct sensor and housing combo instead of just scaling for a larger housing and using the ori sensor and log log log...spend less time getting it right I guess anyway.

I don't understand how the MAF will be giving the ECU accurate readings if settings are gained via logging the MAF? I guess I haven't found that thread yet or something. I mean if I purchased a brand new MAF sensor and housing combo I can probably rely on its readings being 100% accurate as long as I transferred all the MAF maps accurately into my file.

If I took that brand new sensor out and put it in a different housing, what other parameters can I use to figure what the MAF should be reading @ x rpm?

If I know what g/s the MAF should be reading @ idle, how does that help me @ higher rpm?

ddillenger

« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2013, 09:38:38 AM »

Compare your logs with the new MAF to previous ones, tweak until everything lines up. This assumes you have previous logs.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
prj

« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2013, 09:55:13 AM »

That's why you change one thing at a time.

You take a stock maf in stock housing and tune the injectors to perfection.
After that is done, you change the MAF, and now since your injectors are calibrated, you tune the MAF.

If you change both things at the same time there is no way to know whether it is fully right or not.
That said, I am not convinced it's that important that things are always 100% "right". As long as the values are more or less on target and the car responds well, I don't see a problem. Does not really matter from a performance standpoint if your load is underscaled by 3% and injectors overscaled by 3% or similar.

It requires lots of experience to get such things to perform though. It is a lot easier to change one thing at a time.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: