Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MAF scaling, the easy way.  (Read 4777 times)
userpike

« on: August 21, 2013, 11:03:01 AM »

I found the link to this while on VWVortex. It seems the author knows what he was doing. Opinions please? Make sure to read the instructions on the first tab and scale away.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AnU1jYuC-fFrdERMSnJ5SkJkMndOOGh5eGZORGdnNXc&hl=en
julex

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2013, 12:42:59 PM »

I found the link to this while on VWVortex. It seems the author knows what he was doing. Opinions please? Make sure to read the instructions on the first tab and scale away.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AnU1jYuC-fFrdERMSnJ5SkJkMndOOGh5eGZORGdnNXc&hl=en

Opinions on what exactly? Cool excel skills I guess. But I would not trust any values out of Maestro since its been known to contain wrongly converted data which moved to some other software just doesn't work. Unless of course you have a way to yank out raw hex values in which case it would work ok.

Scaling MAF is butt simple, a simple multiplication by cross section area increase over stock one if you're moving the sensing element to different housing. IF you're using some other maf altogether, then you just take the values from ECU that originally is using the MAF element... If you're using some third party like HPX, then you need to do everything from scratch as there is no ME ready map for it.
RoloGTI

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2015, 06:50:00 AM »

Opinions on what exactly? Cool excel skills I guess. But I would not trust any values out of Maestro since its been known to contain wrongly converted data which moved to some other software just doesn't work. Unless of course you have a way to yank out raw hex values in which case it would work ok.

Scaling MAF is butt simple, a simple multiplication by cross section area increase over stock one if you're moving the sensing element to different housing. IF you're using some other maf altogether, then you just take the values from ECU that originally is using the MAF element... If you're using some third party like HPX, then you need to do everything from scratch as there is no ME ready map for it.

Hello, this is my first post (its a very noob question...sorry for that), I was looking for info about MAF scaling (GTI MK4 with Maestro), everyone says that should be used the excel, but what you say is plain easy...

If I understand it OK if I have a OEM MAF and change the housing to a 4", it should be something like this:

OEM=2.75
New=4.0

OEM Area: 2.75x2.75 x pi = 23.75....
New Area: 4x4 x pi = 50.26...

Old / New = 0.47....

In maestro select OEM MAF and just to put the start value x 1.47... and the end value x 1.47....Huh

Thanks and sorry for the basic type of question...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: