Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Help diabling Anti-Judder on ME7.5  (Read 16712 times)
Ken-1

« on: August 10, 2015, 11:36:51 PM »

Hello,

I have been trying to find a way to diable the nice ARMD feature on my -03 A4 1.8t wideband but without success. The log picture attached is not new but that is the way timing starts to behave when exceeding a certain boost pressure level, up to maybe 1.5 bar the car pulls nice but when exceeding this limit it starts to behave badly as seen in the picture below.

So, I think this is ARMD? But to check I guess I would have to try and switch it off and relog. To do this I would have to be able to locate some of the following: KFDMDARO, NARAO, NARASTG or NARLLGA. None of which I have been able to find. Can someone assist maybe? the bin is also attached.

Help would be much appreciated.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2015, 11:51:10 PM »

Likely not ARMD.

Please post the log.

Also use rpm as x axis and learn how to use the filter.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Ken-1

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2015, 08:02:16 AM »

Hello,

Attached is a recent log with timing behaving oddly, this even resulted in knock detected in cyl 2 which is very rare on this engine, low compression and E85 fuel.

Should the timing really do this if everything is ok? Looks really bad in my eyes.

BR. Kenneth

adam-

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2015, 08:05:15 AM »

Is that not the cam change over point? 5250?
Ken-1

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2015, 08:14:28 AM »

Is that not the cam change over point? 5250?

Hello, could be. I did not have that in my log, do you remember the parameter name?
Snow Trooper

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2015, 09:20:08 AM »

wnwi_w / CamshaftAngle / Istwinkel für Nockenwelle

will be that in me7logger config file

cartoons?
6A 61 72 65 64 40 76 6C 6D 73 70 65 63
Ken-1

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2015, 10:30:13 AM »

If the timing thing is not ARMD then could it maybe be KFMIRL and IOP related? I think the understanding of these are better now compared to a year ago?

I would like to log to rule out torque intervention, but I can only find the following symbols in ME7logger:
Code:
;mds_w            ;{}                                 ; {Motorschleppmoment}
;mdverb           ;{}                                 ; {Momentenbedarf der Nebenaggregate}
;mdverl_w         ;{EngineLossTorque}                 ; {Motor-Verlustmoment}
;miasrl_w         ;{RequestedTorqueTractionControl}   ; {Indiziertes Soll-Motormoment ASR für langsamen Eingriff}
;miasrs_w         ;{}                                 ; {Indiziertes Soll-Motormoment ASR für schnellen Eingriff}
;miext_w          ;{}                                 ; {von außen (ASR, GS, usw.) angefordertes indiziertes Motormoment}
mifa_w           ;{}                                 ; {indiziertes Motormoment Fahrerwunsch}
;mifab_w          ;{}                                 ; {Begrenztes indiziertes Fahrerwunschmoment}
;miges_w          ;{}                                 ; {Indiziertes Soll-Motormoment für Getriebeschutz}
;migs_w           ;{}                                 ; {Indiziertes Soll-Motormoment GS für schnellen Eingriff}
;miist_w          ;{}                                 ; {indiziertes Motormoment Hochdruckphase Istwert}
misol_w          ;{}                                 ; {Indiziertes resultierendes Sollmoment}
;misopl1_w        ;{}                                 ; {Solluftmoment, rückgerechnet auf Lambda=1 und zwopt}
miszul_w         ;{}                                 ; {Maximal zulässiges indiziertes Moment}

Which are needed to be able to rule out unwanted torque intervention?

Attached are the maps in question.

Comments?
Ken-1

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2015, 08:40:41 AM »

Attached is a log over 2 pulls in third gear, if it´s not ARMD causing the timing to go like that then what could it be?

Suggestions?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2015, 09:56:43 AM »

Unfortunately, it is going to be very hard to diagnose unless you can find somebody to give you ram locations for ARMD and the torque intervention variables.

Alternately, you can try with trial and error once you know the ARMD map locations.. that one is pretty easy to code out.

Torque intervention is a bit tricker, you'll have to do a lot of reading.

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Ken-1

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2015, 11:41:50 AM »

Hello,

Yes, I will try to look in Winols after KFDMDARO, that could maybe be possible to find, even for me. And relog, if anybody has a hint were to look it would of course be appreciated.

BR. Kenneth

ddillenger

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2015, 12:10:32 AM »

DARO:

0x2899C 8x6
0x1B2B3 gear
0x28ACC %

DAROS:

0x289FC

rest is the same

Smiley

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2015, 10:31:34 AM »

DD got any ram locations for the guy to log?

ECUx Plot

Ken-1

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2015, 11:54:02 AM »

Hello,

Modified KDFMDARO to 100 in the last row and relogged, did not seem to do much difference. Should DAROS also be modified?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2015, 11:54:54 AM »

Likely this is non-ARMD torque intervention then.

Some IOP/IRL logging/tuning is in order Sad

ECUx Plot

Ken-1

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2015, 12:35:20 PM »

Yes, seems like there is some logging to be done. I tried some tonight with the result shown in the picture below, I think the timing jumping around is not so good for the engine, maybe should turn the boost down a bit before it is fixed.
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: