Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: 3.2 VR6 tuning file question  (Read 15281 times)
Jim_Coupe

« on: September 09, 2015, 05:28:32 AM »

Hi, Im soon about to tune my Me7.1.1 St10  for E85 and Turbo.. I have a file for E85 today thats very very basic. Im gonna start to make a new tuned file from scratch.

Now the question is: On the internet I can find relatively cheap tuned file for my engine for the normally aspirated. They give me 18hp+ and 25Nm+. My illusion is that this tune is probably optimized on a dyno to achieve this result. So what do you experts think.. Is it worth it to first buy this NA tune (40EUR) as a good base before I start to edit this tune for turbo and E85. These 18+hp tunes must have more optimized timing and so on right?

E85oholic
IamwhoIam

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2015, 06:51:02 AM »

LOL seriously?

I have no logs because I have a boost gauge (makes things easier)
adam-

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2015, 07:37:52 AM »

If they can give you 18hp, you can do it too.  I'm going to put it out there that their numbers are pulled from their anus, though.
IamwhoIam

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2015, 08:02:42 AM »

Do you really think anyone selling a tune for 40 EUR will really give you 18 HP and that for 40 EUR you're going to get a file that has been worked on on a dyno?

I have no logs because I have a boost gauge (makes things easier)
ddillenger

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2015, 08:13:19 AM »

Do you really think anyone selling a tune for 40 EUR will really give you 18 HP and that for 40 EUR you're going to get a file that has been worked on on a dyno?

That, and the fact that they will likely have mashed the ++++++++ button re:timing. Forced induction conversions love that.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2015, 09:46:04 AM »

SMH

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Audi100LS

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2015, 09:48:47 AM »

Read up on the differences between NA tuning and FI tuning.  This forum has great resources and several referenced books to bring you up to speed.  An FI setup is not going to like all the timing that was used to extract the extra power from that NA setup. So no, its probably not a good start even if the numbers they gave were credible.
Jim_Coupe

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2015, 11:35:49 AM »

Well i was thinking about the low load areas.. and not the high powerband.. well thanks for answers Smiley

E85oholic
ddillenger

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2015, 01:14:55 PM »

Also, consider that properly tuning the VVT on these must be done on a dyno as well, and will not even be remotely similar to produce peak output between the setups.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
Jim_Coupe

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2015, 11:57:58 PM »

Well most tunes that are to be really really good need a dyno in most cases..  But when i tuned my Audi S2 i made a really really good tune without turbo load. Then when I squeezed out everything that was possible i started to add boost. So my idea was to get as much as possible out of this tune NA.. Well some say that this tune probably is not made on a dyno this cheap..  Well My friend has an S4 made by APR... If i want that tune I simply go out to his car and READ up the fil or just download that VAST tuned file that someone uploaded couple weeks ago into this forum.. bingo bango done.. So -adam in many cases people steal tuned files and call it their own and sells it for less money..

ddillenger do you have any link or tips for tuning VVT on these? I mean i have all the stuff that i need t tune my car but just want to get my hands on some "Known" stuff about these cams and so on.. VVT is new to me.

Is it an idead to start a project thread here instead maybe?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 12:17:42 AM by Jim_Coupe » Logged

E85oholic
RBPE

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2015, 08:05:38 AM »

Minus 6hp I think one of those tunes read on the local dyno here!

As for VVT - err, was mainly done for low end response, there's the change over barrel function to take into account in terms of helmholtz air flow or if you are using a srim etc, various other areas to take into account, added some of the functions below.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 08:09:34 AM by RBPE » Logged
RBPE

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2015, 08:13:19 AM »

Oops. Hold on, uploaded some of the wrong ones!

RBPE

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2015, 08:46:43 AM »

P.S. If you are wanting to know about VVT tuning on these, you need to understand the importance of peak torque values, the variable resonance inlet mani is obviously better than one without but you'll be shifting the peak torque values higher under FI so if you retain it then it's a question of changing it all to be suitable to the likely or actual new values - no point having the mani change over still aimed at peak torque at 3500rpms when it's now at 5000rpm's! Of course you're talking FI so it is forced but you always want laminar flow at the end of the day instead of turbulent and if you change to a short runner due to the oem being plastic and popping under higher boost, what peak torque values are those runners and plenum volume best suited to, what turbo etc you using, boost etc and what effects on peak torque/torque structuring will this have......

If you want to do it all properly that is!

http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=364482&f=1

http://www.academia.edu/9785726/Development_of_Continuously_Variable_Intake_Manifold_for_Formula_Student_Racing_Engine

http://www.endtuning.com/intakesystems.html

Jim_Coupe

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2015, 01:29:22 PM »

Ahh That was a realy good answer Smiley

You are correct im not running the plastic manifold anymore. This means also that i dont have the variable intake routes. Today im experiencing BIG turbo lag and I suspect that this has to do with the overlap? I looked into my VVT maps today and im trying to understand them. I can post them to explain better later. Is it better to deactivate them than to have them active? By that i mena have them at 0" all the time.

E85oholic
Jim_Coupe

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2015, 02:45:24 PM »

I found these maps.. for Intake and exhaust cam... Are these the maps to edit to adjust the VVT ? Is th red areas when the CAM opens more or closes ?

E85oholic
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: