Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SKC Update  (Read 4166 times)
Barks

« on: May 01, 2012, 01:18:56 PM »

Hello,

I am looking to convert my car from narrow band to wide band, so I will be looking at a ecu swap.

Wanting to keep the immo... if I copy the SKC from bytes $32 and $42 on the narrow band and put them on the wideband and update the checksum will that work or will the the vin id have to be removed also??

How do you update the 95040 checksum?? Also can the complete bin be copied from one ecu to the other???

Thanks and any comments / ideas greatly received
littco

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 02:49:44 AM »

Coding the ecu with vcds will automatically match the ecu to the immob, or as you say copy the SKC from your old ecu to the new one.

Checksums are worked out as the sum of the line - ffff for line 1x with the last 2 hex values being the checksum but reversed. ( lo/hi) Line 2x is fffe line 3x fffd etc etc down the page.

Easiest way to put the new ecu in is to install it and then use vcds to update the files. Takes 2 minutes, or if you get me the SKC from your old ecu I'll put it on your new ecu:-)

Dan
Barks

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 12:42:21 PM »

Hello Dan,

Cheers for the info, I understand that this can be done in Vagcom but I just fancied being able to swap the ecus out.

Is that with the lines 16 bytes wide?
littco

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, 01:55:10 PM »

Yes . Do you know what your SKC is from the car at present?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: