Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ChargeLimitTurboProtection  (Read 4334 times)
cessnas

« on: October 06, 2020, 11:36:06 AM »

Admins please move to noob questions if you feel like it belongs there.

Ive got an issue with my tune that ive made myself. Im hard up against the ChargeLimitTurboProtection limiter. Ive maxed out KFLDHBN..
Anyone know any way to raise this limiter even further? Is there anything ive missed? I've added the datalog.
Thanks!   Cheesy
justinvw2646

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2020, 12:54:35 PM »

What turbo?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2020, 12:56:46 PM by justinvw2646 » Logged
prj

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2020, 01:00:56 PM »

I think you didn't add the right data log. If you did, is this a joke?

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
cessnas

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2020, 01:59:39 PM »

What turbo?

GTX2867
cessnas

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2020, 02:02:25 PM »

I think you didn't add the right data log. If you did, is this a joke?

Pretty sure its the right log, what the issue?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2020, 02:16:43 PM »

WGDC?

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2020, 02:18:10 PM »

wait.

w t f?

how is this ChargeLimitTurboProtection related?

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
cessnas

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2020, 02:28:01 PM »

I was watching engine load corrected and charge limit rubo protection, and they where right on top of each other. Is this normal? As I said this is the first file I've made for myself. I'm going the RAPP route on WGDC. You can hate as much as you want on it but it works fine for me.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2020, 02:32:44 PM »

I don't know where to start.

There is so much wrong it is making my head hurt.

You have confused a ton of different things to the point that I can't even start correcting them.

Lets just start with req boost.

It is riding the ps_w limit. Why?

And the fact that actual isn't even close to req is definitely not "works fine".

ECUx Plot

Auriaka

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2020, 10:00:34 PM »

I was watching engine load corrected and charge limit rubo protection, and they where right on top of each other. Is this normal? As I said this is the first file I've made for myself. I'm going the RAPP route on WGDC. You can hate as much as you want on it but it works fine for me.

You can do that, But it is not going to resolve your isssue and its taking the lazy way out. You need to read up more and understand what interacts with each other.
Engine load corrected I largely ignore. Engine load actual and engine load request are important. Under WOT typically charge protection and load corrected will ride.

Your boost actual is vastly under desired. Your ecu is requesting more boost but your not getting there because you have duty hardlocked via RAPP. Calibrate the PID correctly by figuring out your IMX points via forced duty via RAPP and you will go far.

Go read the s4 tuning wiki again, go search and read the LDRPID calibration from square 1 as well as LDR precontrol feed forward that you can search. Look at the tables posted there in relevance to the axis information and how they interact and you will see the relationships to how they interact.
cessnas

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2020, 01:08:24 AM »

You can do that, But it is not going to resolve your isssue and its taking the lazy way out. You need to read up more and understand what interacts with each other.
Engine load corrected I largely ignore. Engine load actual and engine load request are important. Under WOT typically charge protection and load corrected will ride.

Your boost actual is vastly under desired. Your ecu is requesting more boost but your not getting there because you have duty hardlocked via RAPP. Calibrate the PID correctly by figuring out your IMX points via forced duty via RAPP and you will go far.

Go read the s4 tuning wiki again, go search and read the LDRPID calibration from square 1 as well as LDR precontrol feed forward that you can search. Look at the tables posted there in relevance to the axis information and how they interact and you will see the relationships to how they interact.

Thanks so much, I'll have a look into it.

By the way Nyet, you're a toxic pos that nobody likes. Ever heard of the term you've got to start somewhere? This forum is dying and it's because of people like you who does nothing else than shit talking people instead of helping them when theyre asking for help.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2020, 12:39:32 PM »

Do not forget to stop riding the ps maximum.

ECUx Plot

Auriaka

« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2020, 02:30:09 PM »

Cessnas, you got info and direction.

Dont get triggered and dont pick bullshit fights. Move on. Learn.

Maybe some of the older members of the group are stern up front to weed out the non-committed? There is plenty of info here to explain 95% of situations you could encounter if the effort is put forth to find it.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2020, 02:40:42 PM »

I don't mind being called out. You say "weeding out" I say "fatigue" from people who just don't seem to listen or read the materials provided.

That said, he could also ask prj for his opinion Smiley

See if it is any better.

In any case, what rubbed me the wrong way was his statement that it "works for me", when, in reality...
« Last Edit: October 07, 2020, 02:42:45 PM by nyet » Logged

ECUx Plot

Auriaka

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2020, 02:45:49 PM »

"what works for me" IS basic laziness and a cop out to do it right, much less understand wtf is happening and why.

Ya if a damn has a hole in it, you can flex seal it..... but you probably should start doing some other shit lol
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: