Pages: [1]
Author Topic: HELP! Key Matching, immo active  (Read 9234 times)
ArgDub

« on: April 07, 2012, 09:27:55 AM »

I lost a key this week, so tried to remove the key from memory using vagcom's key matching procedure http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/cars/key-matching.html.

In step 6:
Entered "new value" of 0, [save]. then entered a value of 2, [save] and it returned error.. now I have no working keys, immo is active and it doesn't accept any value. How do I mach the keys now?
littco

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2012, 11:00:25 AM »

Never liked vagcom for key coding, found vagtacho to be better, I know that doesn't help.

Did you login first? Use the SKC to login before you try to save new values. You have a full version of vagcom?
ArgDub

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2012, 12:14:28 PM »

well, I deleted immo in the ecu but the immobilizer is still active in the cluster, now I can't turn off the alarm

Never liked vagcom for key coding, found vagtacho to be better, I know that doesn't help.

Did you login first? Use the SKC to login before you try to save new values. You have a full version of vagcom?

yes, first logged in with the ecu's skc, I think it must be the same number for the cluster, right?

also, can I reuse the transponders or need new ones?
littco

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2012, 12:33:26 PM »

Yes it's the same.

Transponders can be reused no probs.

Did you try coding them again? If at 1st.......keep going till the bloody thing works...
ArgDub

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2012, 03:39:42 PM »

no luck..

This is what I read from immo measuring blocks:

Group 22:
   Field 1 (Engine Start Permitted): 0 = No
   Field 2 (ECU Responding): 0 = No. It will not be possible to match the Immo to the ECU at this time I think its because ecu is immo defeated, I'll write back original eeprom and try again
   Field 3 (Key condition OK): 1 = Yes. A legitimate transponder code could be read (whether it was authorized or not)
   Field 4 (Number of adapted keys): 0

Group 23:
   Field 1 (Variable Code Matched): 1 = Yes.
   Field 2 (Transponder Status): 1. Transponder in key is locked. Key can no longer be adapted to a different Immobilizer System does it mean I need new transponders?
   Field 3 (Fixed Code Authorized): 0=No. Fixed transponder code of key is not authorized.
   Field 4 (Immobilizer Status): 6 = Immobilizer adapted, normal operating condition

Group 24:
   Field 1 (Cluster Lock Time): 0.0
   Field 2 (ECU Lock Time): 0.0
   Field 3 (Not used): 2.0
   Field 4 (Transponder Lock Time): 0.0
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 08:21:33 PM by ArgDub » Logged
Gonzo

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2012, 04:16:10 PM »

You need to clear all keys and add them one by one, but use VAGCOM for matching once you have the SKC.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 04:17:52 PM by Gonzo » Logged
ArgDub

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2012, 09:44:18 PM »

Solved.. problem was that not having any keys matched or when immo is active you have to wait for the count down timers in group 24 to reach cero before trying to match the keys.

Also, key are matched to cluster's skc or vin, so keys can be reused as long as you keep the same skc or vin.
yugo55

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2012, 10:38:06 PM »

Also, key are matched to cluster's skc or vin, so keys can be reused as long as you keep the same skc or vin.
Just to correct this:
In immo 3 Keys are match to 7 byte  immo id. You can have different VIN and SKC but if your immo id is same you can adopt keys.
In immo2 it does not matter , you can reuse keys in any car.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 10:28:09 AM by yugo55 » Logged
CoupedUp

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2012, 05:55:28 AM »

Solved.. problem was that not having any keys matched or when immo is active you have to wait for the count down timers in group 24 to reach cero before trying to match the keys.

EDIT: Since this post I've searched and found the answer I'm looking for.

On this topic. Where are the SKC and VIN stored? Is this stored in the 95040 Eeprom?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 10:20:59 AM by CoupedUp » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: