Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Incorrect Files, or am i doing something wrong?  (Read 4629 times)
Aragorn

« on: September 01, 2012, 03:41:12 AM »

I've been playing around with the demo version of WinOLS, and some definition files that appear on this site, and i'm a bit puzzled with what i'm seeing.

I've got a HN box for my car, which i plan to use with a MAF from a TT/BAM so i thaught that would provide a good starting point to look at things and get used to finding my way around the software.

First off i opened the BAM file, from here:

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=467.0

then i opened the ARY file from the same link, and started by comparing the MLHFM table.

The BAM file looks fairly sensible, 2D view shows a nice curve as you would expect, however the ARY file just shows garbage, values jumping around all over the place.

So i then downloaded some other files, including the damos from this link:

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=576.0

which looked the same as the ARY file above.

I then took the kp file from the above link, and used it with a seperate binary of an original HN box file, and again garbage on that table...

So i'm thinking the definition file is incorrect?

I noticed the BAM file had an offset of 14580, whereas the others used an offset of 14936, so i tried an offset of 14580 on one of the binary files, and the graph looked much more sensible, but had an odd blip at the start, i tried a few values and settled on 1458A, which seems to produce a smooth graph, however now i've noticed the axis above only goes to 2.5v rather than 5v as it should. Some more head scratching and i find a value in the X-Axis tab thats set to half the value of the BAM one, i change this to match and now the graph at least looks like it makes sense...

Do these changes appear correct? Any idea why the published damos and other definition files are all incorrect in the same way? If this one fairly basic table is wrong, is it not likely that lots of other tables are going to have equally incorrect definitions?

Cheers
Kevin
IamwhoIam

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2012, 05:12:29 AM »

sounds to me like you need to work a little more and a little harder.

I have no logs because I have a boost gauge (makes things easier)
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2012, 08:43:33 AM »

Don't look at the graph. Look directly at the hex values.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Aragorn

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2012, 10:19:31 AM »

sounds to me like you need to work a little more and a little harder.

Helpful, thanks...
Aragorn

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2012, 10:32:29 AM »

Don't look at the graph. Look directly at the hex values.

nyet: the hex values on the ARY and HN box damos's are just as jumbled as the graph suggests with the stock offset of 14936...

However in hex view, i can see the table offset looks more like 14534 than my original suggestion?

So can you confirm that the posted damos files are actually incorrect? Does 14534 seem more sensible?

Am i likely to find errors like this throughout posted definintion files?

Cheers
Kevin
Rick

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2012, 04:27:50 PM »

Kev,

DAMOS files are full of errors.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: