Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MP9.0 which EPROM-Type, how to disable Immo  (Read 8069 times)
Swifta

« on: February 09, 2015, 07:37:47 AM »

Hello Guys.
I've got a "little" Problem with the Immo of my VW Polo 6N. The car itself is from 1999, I think it has Immo2 (Immo-Box under the steering-wheel).

First try to get rid of the Immo: Getting K+CAN Commander 1.4. Aftrer hours and hours of trying to get an connection, I finally could identify the ECU. The Device-Identification was:
030906027AA - MOTRONIC MP - 9.0  2155

And that was the only piece of Information I could get out of the thing... No Connection to ECU or Cluster/Immobilizer was possible due to no response from the Unit. I tried the cable on another Polo, same Problem...

So i tried with the ME7-Tool from Argdub (I thought, although its not designed for a MP9.0 maybe it works nevertheless) same thing.
Well, now I've taken the ECU with me and wanted to gather some Information about the EPROM to make a dump and turn the Immo off.

The problem here is, that I don't find anything about the EPROM on the net. Normally if you type some of the characters on semiconductors into google, you instantly get a datasheet. Not here. I found on an different page, that the MP9.0 should have an EPROM of the type 27C512, is that true? I'll attach a picture of the opened ECU.

Would be great if you guys could give me some hints about my issues, or if there's an easier option to turn off the Immo (maybe by OBD2, as i wanted to do with K+CAN Commander).

Thank you guys.  Wink (I hope, my english is not too bad Wink )
MK2-VRT

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2015, 04:25:26 PM »

Best you read Motorola from immobox and post dump here..
Swifta

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2015, 07:00:23 AM »

Thanks for the info, MK2-VRT.  Wink
So, the Motorola-Chip is a "MDIC02-2B", but again, not even one single datasheet available on the net...
Do you have some pinouts for me, MK2-VRT? Or maybe a program that works with the K+CAN Commander Cable and can read and write the chip?

I'm getting crazy with this thing...
aef

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2015, 02:19:52 AM »

There are small immo emulator boards available on ebay.
much cheaper than the hours you already spend.
Swifta

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2015, 06:23:43 AM »

Yeah, that's true... But I'm curious and wanted to try to understand the system, but it seems like this isn't as easy as it is with the ME7 ECUs, especially with no infos about the chips...  Undecided

Looks like I have to swallow the pill and buy an emulator. Do you have a recommendation on the emulators, aef?

Or ist it possible to build an emulator on my own? I'm able to program a Atmega 328P microcontroller, and it seems like the emulators have an Attiny on them (the smaller brother, if you want  Wink ) But the problem would be, again, what does the immo-box "say" to the ECU? But after all I think this will result in buying an emulator.  Roll Eyes

Thanks in advantage for your help and time guys, I appreciate this.  Smiley
eliotroyano

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2015, 07:02:22 AM »

You can use an emulator but maybe possible you can do Immo OFF via modifying flash eeprom. I think that these ECUs are similar to Magneti Marelli ones, then it could work similar way.
Joker68

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2015, 01:43:23 PM »

Hello can anyone help me with immo off in flash? pls i have ori
tjwasiak

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2015, 02:20:39 PM »

Are you sure it is easiest to do it within flash?
If you have same ECU I am quite sure EEPROM is located near EPROM (that small 8 pin IC between EPROM and edge of the board). It might be easier to read it as it might be similar to other VAG ECUs...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: