Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ME9.1 Immo adaptation failure and checksum error in Immo module...help!  (Read 4451 times)
Mechsoldier

Ok, so I use Kess V2 and ECM Titanium, and with these, since I normally modify the original file from the ECM, I don't have to mess with verification of checksums or IMMO, it does it all for me.

So, last week I went to tune an 07 GTI 2.0t, and for some reason it wouldn't read the stock file. So like an idiot I just flashed a 2.0t file I had recently made for an A4 2.0t when a mentor of mine told me that it should work.

Also, I have Vag Tacho, Vag K can, and Vag Commander so I really wasn't worried about the IMMO either.

So, I read all the pin codes and I proceeded to attempt to adapt the immobilizer, however it wouldnt work.

I went out and I bought a used ECM, still no luck. I had my locksmith buddy come out with even more immo tools and knowledge, still no luck. And when he left I had him leave me an extra IMMO rfid.

So when I try to adapt the immo, I login to the IMMO module with 6412 (which is the correct for the original ecm and car), and it takes that code. I then attempt to put 6412 into adaptation block 50, but it wouldn't take it, so I use the other pin of 3287. It takes that, but says key? So I changed the chip in the key and went for it again, and it goes into immo adaptation and stays there for 5 minutes, and then it errors out with immobilizer adapation failure. There's also a fault for immobizer module checksum error or memory failure.

Anyway, the fault is actually IN the immobilizer, NOT the engine, NOT the cluster module. I want to try to rewrite the eeprom in the cluster, and tomorrow I just might.

Does anybody have an idea how this checksum error would have happened to the immo module in the cluster from all this? Have any suggestions? Have a BIN file for the cluster EEPROM?

I have at my disposal Vag Tacho, Vag Commander, Vag K Can, ECM Titanium, Kess V2, FTTech V54, VCDS, and probably some things I can't remember. Vag Tacho, ECM Titanium, Kess V2, and VCDS are real paid for registered programs, and they work flawlessly, the others from time to time have some issues.

Mostly, if anybody here has an 07 GTI Manual trans 2.0t you could get a bin file for the cluster for me on that would be awesome, I'm paying for a rental for this car and its killin me.

I would prefer to leave the IMMO intact if possible, customer brought me the car with a functioning immo, and wants to keep it that way, and I don't blame him.
ddillenger

Stay away from the cluster. Given the damage you've already caused, it won't get any better. You need to BDM the original ecu. Read the eeprom, read the bin. Take the data at 6C00 (through 6FFF) and copy it into the file on the replacement ecu. Write the eeprom from the original ecu into the replacement ecu. The car should start.

You're lucky because the immo data at 6C00 cannot be written via OBD, so it won't be corrupted.

MED9 ecus are very cross compatible. MED9 files are not. Never crossflash again.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
Mechsoldier

Yeah I won't ever crossflash again. I got some bad advice. I will stick with  modding the read original file.

Can you explain the checksum error actually showing up in the immo module? You think it's picking up on something in the ecm and throwing the fault? I don't get why that would happen? Or hoe?
Mechsoldier

Also if what you are saying is true then why can't I just reflash the original ecm with the file from the replacement and be back on equal ground?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: