Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Tool for retrieving security PIN from IMMO (Dash)  (Read 8161 times)
ocostel

« on: June 21, 2015, 02:08:01 AM »

Hi,

I want advice about buying a tool to retrieving the pin from Immo (dash) to program key for VAG (years 1998 - 2006)

Now I have VAG K+CAN Commander v3.6 - it's OK but I had some cars where I couldn't read the PIN (Golf IV diesel, Seat Toledo, Alhambra, .... - I do not remember dash types)

I bought Vag Tacho v5.0 - it was ok; I was satisfied; it worked on many cars ... but unexpectedly stop working (it shows an error : "Wrong seed keys.....try manual mode for VDO" and doesn't want to connect to a car where in the past it worked well). I tested on 2 cars and is the same error (I attached printscreen with the error).

Now i want to buy a tool , which can work well, without errors and to keep me longer (not 1 mounth). I think it's OK genuine Vag Tacho but , now, it's too expensive for me.

How about Vag Dash CAN or K+CAN or Dash COM ? Who worked and can tell me real things not comercial advertisement ?

I want advise not critics ; and please sorry my english, are not very good!
tjwasiak

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2015, 05:10:06 AM »

VAG Dash COM works pretty well but only up to Golf IV. Do not forget it does not cover many Audi clusters.
VAG Dash CAN cover newer cars but still it is limited to Seat/Skoda/Volkswagen most of the time.

Genuine AVDI (really expensive) have much better coverage but the price is in thousands of euros for such license.
ocostel

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2015, 11:28:32 PM »

Did you worked with VAG Dash CAN chinese clone ? It's good or have many errors ? Can you count on it to copy / write dumps ?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 11:30:21 PM by ocostel » Logged
tjwasiak

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2015, 06:42:04 AM »

Most clones are of bad quality (not only VAG Dash CAN, but most clones of every tool) so I would not even think about using them on anything but mine private car taking into consideration I can destroy something.
f1torrents

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2015, 01:46:36 PM »

Genuine VagTacho is probably the most reasonably priced tool available for Vag cars and the original is flawless.
Deviant0ne

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2015, 05:49:34 AM »

I've used a Chinese clone VAGDashCAN to successfully retrieve the SKC from my Touareg. Also, my clone interface was able to use the latest software to upgrade itself; I purchased the interface with V5.14 and upgraded it to V5.29 without any issues.

The clone I bought (black-box style) was able to save/write EEPROM data, read my SKC and turn off/on my immobilizer. I have only used it on my 2004 V8 (gasoline) Touareg, but I couldn't be happier with my purchase.

EDIT: You can also use CarProg with the A6 adapter to read the EEPROM data directly from the KESSY unit, on vehicles that are so equipped. I went through similar trials finding a tool to extract my SKC, here's that thread: http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=8352.0title=

I hope that helps!
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 06:00:46 AM by Deviant0ne » Logged
Mechsoldier

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2015, 03:28:33 PM »

Genuine VagTacho is probably the most reasonably priced tool available for Vag cars and the original is flawless.

I have the real VagTacho and haven;'t found that to be the case. The VW support is pretty good, Audi is Dicey at best. Don't plan on doing an Allroad, and many other Audis.

I shelled out the cash. And it has helped me a fair amount, but there's a lot of lacking coverage that it should work for, and I don't know why.

My locksmith friend has had the same experience
k0mpresd

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2015, 06:03:09 PM »

VT original is most definitely not flawless. its let me down a few times but for what i need normally (mk4 junk) and the price, it cant really be beat.
also, the support is very good from the developer if you have an issue.
it pretty much works for no mk5 stuff but all mk6 stuff. even does the BL mode if you buy the upgrade. it works, ive tested it.
turboat

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2015, 11:26:03 PM »

it pretty much works for no mk5 stuff but all mk6 stuff. even does the BL mode if you buy the upgrade. it works, ive tested it.

Random - any ideas why not mk5 stuff?
k0mpresd

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2015, 10:58:42 AM »

Random - any ideas why not mk5 stuff?

cs bytes.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: