Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: tune for 2002 audi a4 b6  (Read 11605 times)
focalpoint519

« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2017, 09:16:46 AM »

think what you want buddy, look at http://www.osecuroms.org/ here people share files, (not all shitty ones) many well developed proper tunes, everyone shares work so the community ends up with 1000s of guys that can tune a subis from starts to finish.  who ever says having quality tunes to learn off is a bad thing, clearly is just trying to keep people learning slowly in the dark. i understand some people like to feel needed, but feel thats only reason things are the way they are a black art on here. Some guys will have 100k of cracked software then complain about members that share good files. either way keep bitching sharing doesnt work, it clearly does and only people that dont like it are just trying to feel needed and above others for longer.   
SB_GLI

« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2017, 09:33:51 AM »

bull - shit.

There is no black art.  No one is left in the dark.  All the information that one would need to learn is on here.  You are just helping people be lazy freeloaders.  Your definition of a "quality tune" varies from someone who actually understands the basics of calibrating an ecu.

Again, you mentioned sending someone an AWP file for a b6 a4.  Why would you send someone a file that WILL brick their ECU?

Are you are just offloading all your file testing to suckers so in the end you can sell your stolen tunes for profit?  That's my hunch.
focalpoint519

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2017, 09:54:58 AM »

Why dont you ask Mrt if i send brick-able file or a $500 Doller commercial tune? After you get the answer to that maybe you'll understand those of us that make real money from tuning have to find the best solutions to keep out customers happy, and i might let off like a fool, but trust me buddy you dont no me any better then i know you, so if u want to challenge me and post dumb shit like i sending brick able files without seeing my files, then im sorry for you, as megregor would say shut the fook up

I own a full service 5 bay garage in Kitchener next to the Nissan Dealership, We have a load Dyno, multi part gas analyzer, In-cylinder pressure transducers, AFR5000 wideband, FLIR Camera/Software, flow-bench, RTA microphones, and several other tools required for high quality custom calibrations. I have tuned many 1200WHP plus cars, (as im the only real tuner in my city. As far as tuning tools, I have CMDflasher, X17, Enigma, KTAG, KESS,AVDI,ODIS,Consult+ GTR, Hp Tuners,EFIlive,Hondata, OLS300, Uvision, IDA Pro, and dozens of other tools that allow me to offer solutions i do.  We also manufacture inhouse CNC RPM trigger wheels for standalone ecus for a varairty of engines, custom is our middle name.

My point i think there are as many genuine people on here as OLS licences. With that said i really believe in my heart that sharing CALIBRATION data from quality tunes helps guys experienced with remapping  tune a car properly. I can open a quality tune, and see a lot (as im sure anyone can here). When you look at 3 quality re maps side by side the pictures pretty clear about who's doing what and how (if not you haven't been at it very long).

Finally if i thought he was a person that wanted to learn; I would have told him to refer to the community tune b6 a4 tune. and suggested they read off the posts one by one (even leeches read here and there), But if it was a noob kid that was more worried about getting high and trying to chase girls i would have sent him a good file the same way. i think everyone should be helped equally, we all understand theirs many levels in this field, you have guys like PRJ that clearly are gifted and skilled (and i say that even though the guy doesn't like me at all) and then you have unique people like Nyet that convince guys like him to stay around and help. overall i dont mean any harm to the community. but anyone who wants to use quaility tunes as compares is just using all tools at there disposal, it doesnt make you a lesser person.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 11:02:58 AM by focalpoint519 » Logged
SB_GLI

« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2017, 11:03:37 AM »

That's great, send him your pirated commercial tunes.

My point here is that this does nothing for the community.   There is a rule on this forum that posting commercial files is not allowed.   You aren't posting them publicly, but you are telling the world you are doing this through PMs.  It's the same thing IMO.

I think you are on the wrong forum.   This isn't a tune sharing community.  This is a DIY and learn community.  There are other forums if that's your primary goal.  I'm done bickering, but your presence here is more harmful than good.  I get it you want to be of service to others for free, and that's great, but your approach is wrong, at least for nefmoto.
focalpoint519

« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2017, 11:16:52 AM »

That's great, send him your pirated commercial tunes.

My point here is that this does nothing for the community.   There is a rule on this forum that posting commercial files is not allowed.   You aren't posting them publicly, but you are telling the world you are doing this through PMs.  It's the same thing IMO.

I think you are on the wrong forum.   This isn't a tune sharing community.  This is a DIY and learn community.  There are other forums if that's your primary goal.  I'm done bickering, but your presence here is more harmful than good.  I get it you want to be of service to others for free, and that's great, but your approach is wrong, at least for nefmoto.

i didnt even have to look longer then 30 secconds to find a APR v 1.1 file on another thread, so this brings me to explaining the third type of person, the ignorant person that starts a fights with the troll (me) and i expect me to see you point of view, when theirs sticky's related to software piracy so stfu mate

will go out of my way to offer anything your doing for free, ill find your tuning site, troll your marketplaces and undercut you hard, leave me be and ill leave you be. me sending files via PM isnt hurting anything fool, if u want to read incorect info and peoples points of view until you learn be my guest, i understand its a place for learning, which you can do off commercial files, if you dont agree you are a bloody liar and your fooling yourself.
SB_GLI

« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2017, 11:29:12 AM »

Well I've learned my lesson here.  Thanks for putting me in my place.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2017, 11:39:21 AM »

He's right, and you're full of shit.

You haven't bothered to understand a word he's trying to tell you.

Just because you found a file here that isn't supposed to be here doesn't mean crap.

Show me the link, and I will delete it.

This is a DIY forum, not a trade commercial files forum, it has always been that way. Period.

This has nothing to do with who is a troll and who isn't.

You're simply ignoring EVERY single thing people are telling you.

My patience is wearing thin.

You DEMONSTRABLY have not learned a single thing from commercial files, so even that excuse is flimsy. Some here MIGHT gain knowledge from commercial files, but if so, they're more than capable of doing their own research by talking to others that are fine with communicating what they are working on and not encumbering that knowledge with secret handshakes.

Those that only provide information with a catch are never worth dealing with.

Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 11:43:48 AM by nyet » Logged

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
focalpoint519

« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2017, 11:44:21 AM »

I dont think anyone should have a place is my point but i will defend myself when you claim I'm sending people files to brick ecus. I wont defend the accusation that i send others work (i wont send files given to me in confidence or anything from revlimit) real commercial tuners understand they just made re calibrations, u can take a APR file and make your own version using it as a template without breaking any laws, a few commercial file for the model u intend on remaping is just as useful as a damos IMO. maybe this is knowledge some top tuners are not sharing yet, i know guys are APR i know many people at the top that do things in a similar fission

this week i have a 2008 AMG e55 coming, 2013 audi s4, and a 2003 golf jettta tdi, 2015 f150,Evo8 and a couple other domestics i cant recall atm, my point is if i didn't trade with other tuners i wouldst be finishing the remaps as MBT mapping on a dyno takes time, and learning the ecus structure/stragegy takes time, lots of ecus take HOURS to get VE mapping sorted, my dyno draws about 23 amps at 220v so the power cost even can add up. i have bought commercial files just to use as base maps, u dont want to blow engines and break transmissions, if i had a dollar for every time i found Easter eggs im commercial files, id still be rich.

some ecus go into closed loop so fast, so many reasons a tuner that has to work with more then one brand need files (once i have file everything makes sense) im shocked no one else does things this way.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 11:58:58 AM by focalpoint519 » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: