Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Modifying Revo 1.8T remap  (Read 8622 times)
Stratos

« on: May 21, 2014, 05:39:24 AM »

Hello,

This is my first post, I've been following this forum for a while as I'm interested in "trying" to remap my car, purely for fun, I don't expect to become competent!

Anyway, before I buy a spare ECU for tweaking I was wondering if anyone could offer any advice on my current Revo 1.8T remap. I had my Golf 1.8T remapped with a Revo stage 1 many years ago. Recently I removed the SAI pump, blanked off the combi valve & air box and fitted a resistor to prevent the "pump faulty" error. As expected I now get this error...

P0411: Secondary Air Injection System Incorrect Flow Detected

... I believe the ECU can be modified to disable the SAI, http://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning#Secondary_Air_Injection

However, before I attempt this I wondered how I stand with the Revo remap. I believe the Revo has two maps, one similar to stock and the stage 1 map, so do both maps need modifying? More importantly can I even modify the Revo map, I've read they have some sort of protection built in which could either prevent me from doing any mods or worse still mess up my remap.

If anyone has any useful information it would be helpful. I’ve searched around but not found anything useful.

Cheers,

Andy.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 09:04:13 AM by Stratos » Logged
panos1975

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2014, 06:14:26 AM »

Go to a revo dealer and ask from him to make your ecu stock and make your own tune from the scratch.there is no way to modify revo tune(only adjust some things with lemmi).It's far better to make your own tune(you 'll need a lot of read, patience and the wright tools).
adam-

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2014, 01:17:04 PM »

That, you can't edit the Revo maps.

Well, you can, but it's not discussed here.  No commercial stuff is man! Sad Go back to stock and do your own, Stage 1 is fast to do and is an excellent base to help you understand.
Stratos

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2014, 11:54:11 PM »

Sorry, I didn't mean to break the forum rules on my first post!

I don't want to have the Revo map removed, I paid a lot of money for it and like the ability to quickly turn it on and off via my SPS3 switch. If modifying it is not an option I'll buy a second ECU and start remapping, sounds easy  Wink
TCSTigersClaw

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2014, 12:19:07 AM »

Stock it back to flash both e2p and flash memory ,then you can do whatever you want, REVO is a mess Cheesy

VAG cars newbie tuner Smiley
_nameless

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2014, 06:00:00 AM »

Stock it back to flash both e2p and flash memory ,then you can do whatever you want, REVO is a mess Cheesy
agree 100%

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
k0mpresd

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2014, 07:22:49 AM »

if the guy likes his revo tune and just wants to disable sai, cdsls is easily changed in his file.
Stratos

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2014, 03:11:49 PM »

Thanks for the replies. I very much want to start creating my own maps but figure I've got lots to learn. In the mean time fixing my "flow" error and CEL would be great.

If editting my Revo without losing it is possible I'd be greatful of any advice. What software is best to do it? I've got MPPS but I'm worried I could brick it due to the encryption I've heard Revo have.

I've no interest in ripping Revo off, I'm just trying to fix my car. Personally I'm pleased with Revo, it transformed my car an introduced me to this new world of tuning. Not everyone has an interest in doing it themselves. I want to learn how to remap my car but I'm not under any illusion that I could do a better job than Revo.
k0mpresd

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2014, 03:59:56 PM »

i dont think much of anyone is going to give assistance in editing another tuners file, especially a major companies file. im just telling you its possible.
Stratos

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2014, 02:53:43 AM »

OK, understood.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: