Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Question on creating a definition file  (Read 189 times)
chrisdrs

« on: April 26, 2024, 07:08:38 AM »

Hi all, this may be a stupid question, but when you're creating an XDF file, do you have to map out every parameter or can I only create the ones i wish to edit?
For example, let's say there's 100 parameters in the bin file, but you only want to edit 20 of them. Can the XDF file have only those 20 or is it necessary to include all 100? Any input is much appreciated.
_nameless

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2024, 07:23:09 AM »

Why would you need to define maps you do not plain on changing? If you want to do it so you have it then sure otherwise its just a waste of time

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
chrisdrs

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2024, 07:39:52 AM »

Why would you need to define maps you do not plain on changing? If you want to do it so you have it then sure otherwise its just a waste of time

That's what i thought. Thank you for confirming. I was afraid that if all parameters are not mapped out then they would be blank in the bin file. I've pulled the bin file from my car with Nefmoto flasher, and i'm 100% sure that the car is tuned but after running some logs i noticed a lot of knock retard and i want to change the boost, fueling and timing to remedy that. I don't have experience with the ME7. I've tuned with standalone ecus before so this process is new to me.
_nameless

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2024, 08:35:48 AM »

Think of a map pack as a glossary from a book, really all it does is make sense of the raw hex in the file. So if you do not have a specific map defined, it will not delete or remove anything from the calibration, its just not defined.

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: