Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: CALLING ALL GURUS: Losing o2 Corrections under WOT  (Read 9951 times)
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2018, 03:32:38 PM »

You are focusing entirely on the wrong thing.

Why is fr_w 0.90?

Forget about request, fr_w goes VERY wrong long before request goes rich.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Poody

« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2018, 04:33:31 PM »

So what I'm seeing by looking at the function is that for B_lr to be 1, B_lrs must also be 1, B_lrms must be 0, B_dslsk must be 0, and lamsons_w must be >=LALIUSMN correct? Im not sure where to take it from there

You are focusing entirely on the wrong thing.

Why is fr_w 0.90?

Forget about request, fr_w goes VERY wrong long before request goes rich.

Perhaps its that most of my tuning experience was in maestro, but wouldnt that indicate it is attempting to pull 10% fuel as soon as the car goes WOT? Cant the o2 sensor correct up to 25% which would correlate to .75 in fr_w.?Obviously thats not a number anyone wants to see, but am I wrong?

Either way, I will continue digging through the FR but at this point I feel like a third grader reading about string theory
prj

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2018, 11:03:19 PM »

If you have 0.75 request then obviously WBO2 is off, what do you expect?

Ah well, what a waste of time thread.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
Poody

« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2018, 12:34:05 AM »

As PRJ stated, you're flagging conditions that are locking the closed loop feedback.

Dig into the LRSEB function, and you'll find your answer Wink
Thanks for motivating me to dig through the REAL FR and not the translated portion. I actually learned a lot from this experience  Grin

If you have 0.75 request then obviously WBO2 is off, what do you expect?

Ah well, what a waste of time thread.

Yeah, thats true. My question wasnt so much "why is my request stuck at .75?" as it was "why is my lambda reg off?" because I kind of made the assumption that one was the product of the other. If you cant tell by my post count, I'm fairly new to all of this and learning as I go so my sincerest apologies for wasting everyones time with a question. I thought this was a place to for people to learn.

Anyways, I may have found the issue. Spoke with the owner more and I guess he somehow bricked his ECU last month and had a forum friend or someone he knows from a car meet make him a file to get the car started. MAF was scaled for 5v=2300kg/hr. Sent him a new file which will hopefully have o2 feedback at all times
vwaudiguy

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2018, 08:35:17 PM »

I missed it. Was this a hardware (bad 02) or software issue?

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
Poody

« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2018, 12:21:41 AM »

I missed it. Was this a hardware (bad 02) or software issue?

It was a few things. Hardware is fine, MAF was overscaled. Now it seems like no matter how far I scale the MAF down, I can't get ps_w below pvdkds_w on WOT. It's a v8 MAF scaled to 1400kg/hr at 5v currently and I'm still seeing max ps_w in areas and at least a 300mbar difference through the pull. Digging through FR currently to see what else could cause ps_w to be too high.

On the plus side, o2 regulation is looking better. It's still turning off eventually, but not until at least 1000rpm into the pull as opposed to immediately

Bische

« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2018, 03:44:19 PM »

It was a few things. Hardware is fine, MAF was overscaled. Now it seems like no matter how far I scale the MAF down, I can't get ps_w below pvdkds_w on WOT. It's a v8 MAF scaled to 1400kg/hr at 5v currently and I'm still seeing max ps_w in areas and at least a 300mbar difference through the pull. Digging through FR currently to see what else could cause ps_w to be too high.

On the plus side, o2 regulation is looking better. It's still turning off eventually, but not until at least 1000rpm into the pull as opposed to immediately

BGSRM Wink
Poody

« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2018, 05:43:13 PM »

BGSRM Wink

Still digging through the FR but I'm new to this so some of the symbols are confusing the hell out of me. I think specifically, youre telling me to focus on BGSRM-BPS, which it looks like is the function where ps_w is calculated. Im unsure if thats correct, but if so, Im having trouble deciphering the functions. I dont quite understand how the accumulator works, and the symbols next to it are not explained from what I can tell (compute/10/syn)

Any insight on how that translates to a mathematical function that I can wrap my head around?
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: