Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: 1.8t BAM maf VS RS4 maf  (Read 8161 times)
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2020, 09:53:49 AM »

Incorrect. RS4 uses a different, wider band sensor element! It's not only a housing size change.
BAM also uses this wider band sensor element IIRC.

do you know the pn? I have 078 906 461B for bosch s4

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Blazius

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2020, 10:08:01 AM »

do you know the pn? I have 078 906 461B for bosch s4

unfortunately the unit p/n wont tell the sensor p/n (f00xxx..) , and since vag p/n change with even the slightest iteration it could be different. But this time its whole different group of p/n.

rs4 bosch - 077133471K(X)

AFAIK, all the maf related maps in a system with mlofs active mafs take the offset in account in the values
« Last Edit: October 10, 2020, 10:16:34 AM by Blazius » Logged
tao13

« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2020, 10:11:15 AM »

guys , please the conclusion for me , can i use MLHFM from rs4 file with my bam sensor and rs4 case
("RS4 stock MLHFM ends at 1996.1 kg/hr. With MLOFS, that is 1796.1, or 498.9 g/sec") or it is ok how i proceed to adjust my mlhfm with mafadjuster tool witch result a different mlhfm like rs

and again please rewrite my issues from today log:
1. i have 850-870 highest maf value kg/h in the log but in my file the mlmax is set to 680. the error not appear because mkmax+mlofs = 880 > my highest maf value?
2. MassAirFlowAtThrottlePlate( msdk_w ) is lower than MassAirFlow( mshfm_w ) , when rpm increased the difference increased too (higher). This means i have a boost leak or the turbo restrict the debit of air?
Thanks in advance.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2020, 10:26:31 AM »

AFAIK, all the maf related maps in a system with mlofs active mafs take the offset in account in the values

Not sure what you mean by this.

MLHFM output is not the same as the input to any MAF related table that has MAF as an input. MLOFS is added first.

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Blazius

« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2020, 10:29:12 AM »

Not sure what you mean by this.

MLHFM output is not the same as the input to any MAF related table that has MAF as an input. MLOFS is added first.

thats exactly what I meant
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2020, 10:30:54 AM »

1. i have 850-870 highest maf value kg/h in the log but in my file the mlmax is set to 680. the error not appear because mkmax+mlofs = 880 > my highest maf value?
No, in this context blazius is correct. MLMAX is vs the real value which is MLHFM + MLOFS.

Please, in the future, just look at the FR, it is much easier. No clue why you aren't getting a DTC

2. MassAirFlowAtThrottlePlate( msdk_w ) is lower than MassAirFlow( mshfm_w ) , when rpm increased the difference increased too (higher). This means i have a boost leak or the turbo restrict the debit of air?

boost leaks are much more apparent by looking at fuel trims, since msdk_w is modeled.

ECUx Plot

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2020, 10:39:44 AM »

That said, if fuel trims are ok but you suspect a DV leak, it may show up in ps_w vs pvdks and msdk vs mshfm

ECUx Plot

tao13

« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2020, 10:42:57 AM »

i don't logged  ps_w, will make.
from 1 week i checked and rechecked and rechecked all possible leak in the system
i don't find any problem.
so from where is the difference betwen air flow at throtle and maf? can be a bad maf sensor?
my fuel trims are instable but i have a topic on this problem, i think my injectors or fpr are bad. in 2 days will change the fpr with new 4bar fpr (now it has 3bar) and will see
i tried different TVUB but with little modification in tvub the checkengine is light.
i tried with little more fkkvs on low rpm but the same problem checkengine is light.
prj

« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2020, 12:26:27 AM »

There is nothing to check or re-check.
You make a pressure tester and do a pressure test from turbo inlet (or on the 1.8T transverse platform from the charge pipe).
If it holds pressure -> no leak.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: