Pages: [1]
Author Topic: EDC16 OBD flash possible without brick?!  (Read 2545 times)
vara82

« on: October 15, 2020, 06:35:39 AM »

Hey Guys!
I´ve a question...

I read my girlfriends 2009 T5 1.9TDI with EDC16 ECU...

It saved a file with 2MB but much of the areas are empty... Is it right so far? I read with MPPS V13 and select "1.9 TDI Bosch EDC16U34"

A friend of me made a Stage 1 Map with it and says i´ve to correct Checksum and flash with MPPS over OBD...

I´m not shure so i will ask you if flashing will brick the ECU?!

And... How do i correct the Checksum on this file?

I don´t want to brick the ECU because i´m not very experienced with diesel ECUs.

My friend made a lot of 1.8T maps for me and everything is okay but i don´t know how to correct the checksums and will be safe to flash his file ohn the car.

I´ll be very happy if you can help me...

Attached my readout and the modified file from my friend...

Best regards,
Flo
_nameless

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2020, 08:02:03 PM »

fwiw it doenst look like a good file. from what i looked at its a %% file meaning the "tuner" just highlights a block of cells and increases the values. looks like the original read from the file is ok, the modified file has 3 sum errors that can be corrected with mpps. personally id pay a professional that has a long standing history of known good work or take the plunge and do some reading and make your own file

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
vara82

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2020, 03:03:39 AM »

Hey Marty!

Thanks for your reply...

Unfortunately my MPPS van´t correct the checksum... The Button isn´t highlighted when i select the ECU Sad

You say the original file looks ok i really would have like to test the modified file. Just for a test, you say the modified don´t look good so, the i´ve flashed the original back and get to a professional tuner.
Hm... i get a look to correct the checksum on the modified and will flash it, i think! JUST FOR A TEST, not for daily driving. 

One question: The MPPS say "Data Area Read Only". What does this mean? Is the 2MB file really okay?! There´s so much of free space?! I only know the ME7 Files yet, they are 1MB and there are not so much free areas...

Thanks alot,
Flo
timus

Polo 86c2f 1.8T AUM

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2020, 03:47:14 AM »

Unfortunately my MPPS van´t correct the checksum... The Button isn´t highlighted when i select the ECU Sad
MPPS doing it automatically then flashing

One question: The MPPS say "Data Area Read Only". What does this mean? Is the 2MB file really okay?! There´s so much of free space?! I only know the ME7 Files yet, they are 1MB and there are not so much free areas...
It's normal on EDC16, because it contains maps in data area and code is in internal mcu memory.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: