Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: New to nefmoto please don't flame me too much  (Read 2097 times)
JuanBrolo

« on: January 18, 2024, 02:19:05 PM »

Hey all just found this page. And I am trying to learn all the programming side of things.

We had a bad freeze recently and my daily spark engine block cracked. So I am forced to try and get my Audi legal sooner than I had planned.

I'm in kinda a pickle at the moment.

I finished my build on my Audi last summer then couldn't get the car to pass inspection so I planned on this tax season to get an actual tune from a shop but none are available currently.. and the funds just aren't there.

I do however have the proper cable to do this stuff.

My problem is I ordered a tuned ECU from a company and after installing it It idles fine and everything but as soon as I go more than 1/4 throttle I get really bad stuttering and ignition cut..
It's throwing a p0102 code.
I am wondering if it's possible the guy that did the tune maybe put in for a different style maf even though I told. Him it was stock. And that could be what's causing it to throw that code and put the car into limp mode?.

The code is for low signal from the mag.

Anyhow I appreciate anyone's time that responds and I hope to learn from you all here and be better at this software side of things.

Sent from my LE2117 using Tapatalk

prj

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2024, 02:43:14 PM »

and the funds just aren't there.
Doing something you know how to do, earning money and then spending it with a pro will be orders of magnitude cheaper than trying to tackle it yourself.
So this is the wrong mindset.

If you want to learn how to do things, then you can start by reading the wiki. It will take you years, there's no quick fix.
The only quick way is paying someone.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
_nameless

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2024, 03:58:54 PM »

Hey all just found this page. And I am trying to learn all the programming side of things.

We had a bad freeze recently and my daily spark engine block cracked. So I am forced to try and get my Audi legal sooner than I had planned.

I'm in kinda a pickle at the moment.

I finished my build on my Audi last summer then couldn't get the car to pass inspection so I planned on this tax season to get an actual tune from a shop but none are available currently.. and the funds just aren't there.

I do however have the proper cable to do this stuff.

My problem is I ordered a tuned ECU from a company and after installing it It idles fine and everything but as soon as I go more than 1/4 throttle I get really bad stuttering and ignition cut..
It's throwing a p0102 code.
I am wondering if it's possible the guy that did the tune maybe put in for a different style maf even though I told. Him it was stock. And that could be what's causing it to throw that code and put the car into limp mode?.

The code is for low signal from the mag.

Anyhow I appreciate anyone's time that responds and I hope to learn from you all here and be better at this software side of things.

Who did you order an ECU from? Also, what's the setup exactly?

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
JuanBrolo

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2024, 06:15:53 AM »

Ok sorry it took me so long to reply.. between diagnosing everything with a buddy remotely and my kid pulling an exorcist throwing up for 4 days straight I have had my hands full lol.

So the setup is the
k04 turbo "Borg warner"
Audi 225 injectors
Amu head swap with vvt swapped over as well because it's the only head I could get my hands on.
AEM hybrid fuel pump 340l/p
Stock fpr,stock rail
Fmic

The place I ordered the ECU from was Lonestar tuned originally because I was having issues with my immobilizer

I never had the p0102 code before this ECU.
He talked to me about going ahead and setting up a basic tune for my parts installed and I was for sure cool with that.

When I got the ECU and installed it I had to change my soft coding with my obdeleven to get the car to start I'll include pics of what I am talking about.

The last few days we spent time flashing my buddies tune to the ECU since it's the same as his apparently and checking things with vag com as well.

No matter what the p0102 persists. He seems to think it may just be a faulty ECU or just not the right ECU for the car because I have ohm checked all the wiring changed out the maf checked everything possible per the service manuals.

The car itself runs great it just instantly throws the code the moment it's cleared.

Here are pics of the ECU read and soft coding changes.

JuanBrolo

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2024, 06:17:53 AM »

The car is a 2004 A4 Quattro 6 speed with the 1.8t.

JuanBrolo

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2024, 06:20:26 AM »

My buddy Sam also said maybe it could be something to do with the eeprom but he has no idea how to mess with that so we didn't touch it. I might just try to get a different immo off ECU today he said that this model doesn't seem right for our cars.

_nameless

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2024, 07:56:31 AM »

518af, 518ak, and 518bc are all cross flashable. You have ak software on a bc ECU. lt should work without any issues. Problem is most get the MAF error tables mixed up as the public damos are not defined proper. Extremely sloppy "tooning".
So 2 major red flags, the guy doesn't even know what ECUs are compatible, and the tune most likely is garbage. That is unless you have the MAF sensor installed backwards.

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
JuanBrolo

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2024, 08:11:20 AM »

Maf is most definitely installed correctly. It's not reading signal at all under live data.

But checks out in every way mechanically :-(. And yeah sam said he has never seen such a weird tune...
He said nothing at all made sense and ended up clearing it and flashing his own functional tune.. but even with that the code persists.

JuanBrolo

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2024, 08:13:26 AM »

I need to stress that this code never had shown up on my stock ECU....but of course that was sent off after receiving this one...so I am kinda screwed on that.

JuanBrolo

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2024, 08:24:03 AM »

He told me I shouldn't have needed to change the soft coding at all when I got it. But it was the only way I could get the car to start. I basically copied the code that my stock ECU had and then the car started.

_nameless

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2024, 08:42:41 AM »

Sounds like a issue you need to take up with the person that sold you the ECU. Really, no point discussing it any further than that. If he ghosts you or refuses to fix the problem seems like you will have to buy a replacement ECU if you are 100% sure that's the problem.

JuanBrolo

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2024, 08:50:15 AM »

That's probably what I am going to do...he has ghosted me and tbh I don't wanna do business with him again.

JuanBrolo

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2024, 08:51:45 AM »

But that was the point in this discussion was to pick y'all's brains and see if you think what I am thinking..if the code is instantly coming back and nothing is wrong mechanically then the only thing I can think now is the ECU has a problem or there's some setting that's just not set up right.

_nameless

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2024, 06:49:20 PM »

You could always pull the ecu out and make sure none of the pins are bent to rule that out. Test another known good ecu in your car or test that ecu in another car. That should help pinpoint the exact issue.

JuanBrolo

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2024, 12:35:41 PM »

True in actually headed to my local pick n pull they have 4 a4 and 3 Passat gonna see if I can find a good ECU they said if I find one it's only 25 bucks

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: