Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Narrow Band Fueling  (Read 9424 times)
Barks

« on: May 09, 2012, 04:48:35 AM »

Hello,

I am looking to convert to wideband, but in the mean time I having a play with my existing APY ME 7.1 narrowband ecu.

The question is how is the fueling adjusted on a narrow band??.

Thanks

Barks
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 05:11:49 AM by Barks » Logged
julex

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 11:33:44 AM »

Hello,

I am looking to convert to wideband, but in the mean time I having a play with my existing APY ME 7.1 narrowband ecu.

The question is how is the fueling adjusted on a narrow band??.

Thanks

Barks

This has been covered in several large threads here, search.
tuffty

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 06:32:18 AM »

Most of the fuelling stuff I have found relates to the 1mb ME7's for S4's and the like... I believe barks car to be an APY S3 with a 512k ME7... IIRC the fuelling tables are different on these... the don't use LAMFA?

<tuffty/>
julex

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 10:22:37 AM »

"The question is how is the fueling adjusted on a narrow band??." - that's a 101 fueling question applicable to every single narrowband car out there...
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2012, 10:32:35 AM »

I am looking to convert to wideband

You're not going to be able to do that easily at your level of understanding.

You're going to have to be able to do a lot more research on your own. There is TONS of information out there. There is absolutely no way you're going to be able to be spoon fed to the point of being able to convert ME7.1 to wideband....

It is an extremely complex problem that nobody has solved (that I know of).

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
tuffty

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2012, 10:56:31 AM »

I think he is just gonna do an ECU swap... stick a BAM or AMK ECU in... main differences being the extra wiring for the wideband sensor, EGT probe and the VVT on an S3... TT's are the same...

TBH Barks I would concentrate on getting to grips with ME7.5 (AMK/BAM wideband) as thats where you are going to end up..

<tuffty/>
Barks

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2012, 01:42:31 AM »

Oh I know it is not going to be easy to do for someone like me.... Smiley but every one has to learn somewhere.

I have just been comparing my narrow band hybrid map to the original to see what maps neads to be moved to the wideband... with help for littco, thanks

KFMIRL, KFMLDMX, KFMIOP, KFZW,KFZW2,KFLBTS, LAMFA, LDRXN,KRKTE etc etc have to be moved and coverted to larger table where applicable.

But the question was due to the KFKHFM map being different to the original?? And wondering if this was a 'frig' of some sort.

I will keep looking  Thanks
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2012, 02:07:03 AM »

KFMIRL, KFMLDMX, KFMIOP, KFZW,KFZW2,KFLBTS, LAMFA, LDRXN,KRKTE etc etc have to be moved and coverted to larger table where applicable.

I'm not sure why you think that needs to happen, unless you are going to be porting wideband assembly over from another box.. and if you are smart enough to do that, you don't have to make the tables any bigger.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Barks

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2012, 03:15:33 AM »

I currently have a hybrid K04 map on a APY ECU - narrowband, I wish to move to a wideband ECU eg BAM, AMK and move the map over (and understand).

KFMIRL on a narrow band is 12x16 table and on wide band is 16x16, so surely some data has to be interpolated in??
tuffty

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2012, 12:49:22 PM »

Ok... found out a little more info on tuning 512k ME7's... seems that fuelling is a combo of the following..

FKKVS = Main Fuel Correction
KFKHFM = Flowmeter Correction
KRKTE = Injector Constant
TVUB = Battery Voltage Compensation
TEMIN = Minimum Injector Pulsewidth

Seems APY S3's are quite similar to Mk3 Ibizas from an ECU perspective and was dialing fuel in on one today using FKKVS once of course all the normal injector calibration stuff was done...

<tuffty/>
tuffty

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2012, 12:53:33 PM »

Oh I know it is not going to be easy to do for someone like me.... Smiley but every one has to learn somewhere.

I have just been comparing my narrow band hybrid map to the original to see what maps neads to be moved to the wideband... with help for littco, thanks

But the question was due to the KFKHFM map being different to the original?? And wondering if this was a 'frig' of some sort.

I will keep looking  Thanks

What is the donor wideband ECU from? if you get a BAM or AMK it will be a 1mb file and you can just tune that file rather than mess about hacking them together... K04 files are different in layout to K03 ones...

<tuffty/>
Barks

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2012, 01:49:40 PM »

FKKVS it is then for the tweaking! I can see the differances in the original and hybrid maps now, there will be no reason to move this one the to wideband.

Sometime you just need a little nudge in the right direction, thanks

The reason for doing it, I have a hybrid map already, as all the IDs are the same across narrow and wideband ecu, it was just a little project to do to get the fueling smack on.

Probally a BAM or AMK, H,CB or BH box doesnt really matter, I have a few XDFs and a sample CB BIN to play with (kindly supplied from this forum) so just finding the time really to get stuck in. Seems on similar ecus the definitions are just offset by a little either way

I don't see it a hacking it about, just cutting out the good stuff that has been paid for!!

No doubt I will see you at some point to see the results or fail!!

Thanks

Dave
sn00k

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2012, 02:12:42 PM »

last summer i did just what you are trying to do here.. and went from an S3 APY me 7.x narrowband to a wideband ecu, in this case from a Golf IV GTI 1.8TS, 180hp. (032HN)
needed to swap ecu harness, BOTH of them, and also LMM, fit a wideband lambda, ignitor coils, VVT valve and some more basic stuff.

this is nowhere near impossible, but, there are more variables that you need to take into account.. the wideband ecus have ALOT of improvements codewise.. alot of variables and values are now 16bit and not limited to 8bit values like them were previously.. KR fueling + LOTS of other maps are added and come into play.. so even if you port your main maps over from the old ecu, you will have to re-tune alot of maps around them regarding corrections etc. (but id say you are about 60-70% there by allready having the main ones)

you will need to interpolate some maps, just like you said.. kfmirl to mention one of the main ones.

this whole operation is very difficult if you dont have atleast a basic understanding for how these ecus work.. but i did it with just some basic knowledge at the time, and the car has been running great ever since.

this little project took my knowledge to whole new levels, so my advice to you is; dont be afraid to do it.. if you feel that you need the wideband and new functions etc etc.. the precision of the me 7.5.x is way above the narrowband ecus.. and you have more ways to tune fuel/torque/load/timing, and under more conditions.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: