Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Help identifying fueling changes in this file 8D0907551F  (Read 6208 times)
underscore

« on: February 20, 2013, 01:55:47 AM »

Hi guys, I am just trying to understand how this car has had its fueling changes made. I have had it on a dyno I can see fueling is very lean and all over the place.

I can see KFLF have been changed as well as KRKTE but I can't find anything else that has been changed.

The XDF file I have from here doesn't contain lamfa maps so I haven't checked that yet.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 04:20:17 AM by django » Logged
Rick

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 02:17:31 AM »

I strongly suggest you don't post MRC's tuned files on here.  This forum isn't about dissecting people's  tunes, but making your own.

Rick
underscore

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 04:14:10 AM »

Removed
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 04:20:05 AM by django » Logged
DamoM

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 07:46:48 AM »

This is actually the map for my car.

As I paid for a custom map is the map not mine and not MRC's? Therefore if I decide to put details of it on the internet is that not my perogative?

Sorry if I am being ignorant. Just asking the question. Huh
underscore

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2013, 10:01:18 AM »

Just to clarify I did my best to remove the name from the file but in my haste forgot to rename the bin file, I removed it as soon as I realised what had happened. I was merely examining the file for an educational purpose(which is why we are here at the end of the day), it was not a dig at any person or business and if anyone took offence by it it was unintenional.

Thanks
ddillenger

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2013, 11:09:16 AM »

You can post whatever you want. Noone will take it down. If anyone has anything to say about it, do it in the "what is stealing" thread.

That said, unless you understand what was done, and why, looking at other peoples files is an excercise in futility. Too many ways to do the same thing.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
Rick

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2013, 02:08:06 PM »

Who owns what is a moot point for me.  It's plain common decency for me.  MRC are making their living selling tunes, and if their work is freely available on the net that isn't going to do them any good. 

Rick.
phila_dot

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2013, 02:20:54 PM »

Who owns what is a moot point for me.  It's plain common decency for me.  MRC are making their living selling tunes, and if their work is freely available on the net that isn't going to do them any good. 

Rick.

I agree. Learn Motronic not another tuners file.
DamoM

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2013, 02:56:59 PM »

I had a long discussion with Mihnea about this today and we agreed to differ (on good terms). He feels that it is a grey area and I feel that if he wanted to stop me from doing whatever I wanted with the file that I paid for then I will gladly give it back to him and he can give me my money back.

it would be a completely different story had he got me to sign a confidentiality/license/copyright agreement when I bought it but he didn't. My file being on the internet for examination is no more of an ethical dilema than the manufacturer's file being open for scrutiny and discussion (as they are by tuners regularly) in the first place. The map was a custom map at the end of the day, specific to my car at that time. It will not be of a lot of use to anyone else, at least no more so than a standard OEM map.

You cannot charge a customer to create something specific to their needs and then forbid them from doing whatever they want with it any more so than having your cake and eating it.
Rick

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2013, 03:27:03 PM »

Damo,

While it might be acceptable for you to edit the file, as mentioned above you're probably not going to do any good as you don't know what was going on in the tuners head.  Whilst you might feel that a custom tune is unsuitable for anyone else, plenty of people would disagree and use/sell/abuse it.

Rick
Fin18T

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2013, 11:22:30 PM »

If you pay a company or person to tune your car, you are paying for there expertise to get your car tuned, not just buying a file. Most companies or tuners will own their work. If you just buy a file you are free to do what you want, and that is how a lot of companies work and trade.

julex

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2013, 01:06:59 PM »

You're not buying a file from the company, you're paying for services to make your car performing in a certain manner. That's when they massage it to perform its best on your car and even though it might run ok on a different car, it will never be as efficient as on the original car it was changed to.

The matter of fact that tuners can't enforce anything as they would quickly found themselves in a hole for assuming copyright rights that other company owns (siemens, bosch, whoever made the original programming).

As such, you can post anything you want. The file will be exactly ZERO news to anyone on this forum, moreover it will probably contain innovations and changes made available for free on this forums (like NLS, LC, ,ap switching, etc). It would be actually interesting to see the file.

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2013, 01:12:41 PM »

While the legality is blurry, I'm not a fan of posting tunes w/o permission of the tuner.

I believe the person who bought the tune should be able to modify it however they please though.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: