Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: ME7.1.1 Map and Fuel Sensor also N75  (Read 16647 times)
Chris7695

« on: March 13, 2021, 10:08:26 AM »

Hi Guys,
i need help with my ME7.1.1 (index LP ST10 Chip 2kb eeprom) I have a A3 3.2L 8P and Turbomod it. I´m now in the final steps and have a tuner for the engine software. The last Problem we still have is that my ECU doesn´t know a Map Sensor and a Fuel pressure Sensor also a N75 boost controler. We have no clue how to add these. Has someone add these to his Me7.1.1 or has experience at disassambling/adding these? 

Thx guys  Smiley
« Last Edit: March 13, 2021, 10:23:35 AM by Chris7695 » Logged
prj

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2021, 10:45:36 AM »

Clearly you don't have a "tuner" then.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2021, 01:01:55 PM »

Hi Guys,
i need help with my ME7.1.1 (index LP ST10 Chip 2kb eeprom) I have a A3 3.2L 8P and Turbomod it. I´m now in the final steps and have a tuner for the engine software. The last Problem we still have is that my ECU doesn´t know a Map Sensor and a Fuel pressure Sensor also a N75 boost controler. We have no clue how to add these. Has someone add these to his Me7.1.1 or has experience at disassambling/adding these?  

Thx guys  Smiley

that motor is a waste of time. Also if your tuner can't figure out any of that, and hasnt' flat out told you that you're delusional, they're not even capable of a stage 1 tune, let alone adding FI to an NA motor

Get a 2.7t swap or go standalone.

Do not buy any hardware until you find a tuner who can do the work, and has told you specifically what parts to buy.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
RBPE

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2021, 03:10:18 PM »

Basically Chris, they're saying your tuner is fobbing u off, they're saying that they can't understand an NA engine set up doesn't have boost controls built in a la ME7.1.1. (NA isn't FI!).

It's not impossible to do, u need to look through the best resources on the net, so Google "Nef moto R32 turbo" to start learning how to.
_nameless

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2021, 03:18:22 PM »

that motor is a waste of time. Also if your tuner can't figure out any of that, and hasnt' flat out told you that you're delusional, they're not even capable of a stage 1 tune, let alone adding FI to an NA motor

Get a 2.7t swap or go standalone.

Do not buy any hardware until you find a tuner who can do the work, and has told you specifically what parts to buy.
how do you propose to swap a 2.7 in place of a 3.2l vr6?

OP, you have a long expensive road ahead of you i l know of about 5-7 people in the world that can properly tune this and only 2 who can implement custom code that youd want (demetri and alex). besides that youre boned. Like nye said, you can go standalone too but those are your only real options. Ive dropped some hints on a few threads if you go and look at the na>t threads. best of luck and stay away from your "tooner" if you value your engines life.

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
Chris7695

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2021, 03:39:44 PM »

The Tuner doesn´t have time to mod my ECU. He normaly don´t do VAG. He´s complete full with 1000+PS Skylines, Supras and so on.... The tuner is realy good, thats not the problem. He would do the engine software only in case my ECU is complete ready to use. That includes that my Me 7.1.1 know these 3 components. @nyet the 2.7T is a waste of time. Why should i swap a worse engine in it? It´s so expensive to get these engines and power out of these. Next problem is the german TÜV. I´m never allowed to drive these engine in a 8P on public streets. @Marty O.K thx i never thought thats such a big thing.... shit.
prj

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2021, 04:12:50 PM »

You don't understand do you.

The fact that someone can tune an engine on a standalone ECU gets them absolutely nowhere with an OEM ECU, especially if you are trying to run a turbocharged car on a NA ECU.
Also, it does not make the car any more difficult or simple to tune whether it has 100 hp or 1000 hp.

So, your "tuner" is absolutely worthless for you. He can't tune your car.
You can count on your fingers how many people can properly tune this in the entire world.
And the ones that can are never going to touch a car that they didn't built with a 10 ft pole.

Too bad you learn this lesson AFTER you built it.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2021, 04:14:35 PM by prj » Logged

Log your car properly.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2021, 05:59:39 PM »

That includes that my Me 7.1.1 know these 3 components.

From here on out, you are way off track

@nyet the 2.7T is a waste of time. Why should i swap a worse engine in it?

Because 99% of the window licking morons who claim their turbo VR6s are making big power are flat out fucking liars. Every single VR6 making power does it with standalone, with none of ME7.x's guardrails or streetable drivability, let alone emissions. They're not even proper road track cars; they're just tarted up dyno queens, or at best, 1/4 mi drag cars. You've been sold the oldest line of BS there is.

It´s so expensive to get these engines and power out of these. Next problem is the german TÜV. I´m never allowed to drive these engine in a 8P on public streets.

Pay to play. I don't expect you to believe me. If you find a tuner that can add turbo to NA ME7, i'd love for you to post logs. Until you have literally tuned your own ECU, you are at the mercy of others. Nothing you think is true is necessarily true.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2021, 06:03:51 PM by nyet » Logged

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2021, 06:00:21 PM »

Also, it does not make the car any more difficult or simple to tune whether it has 100 hp or 1000 hp.

I'd argue a 1000hp car is easier to tune. It's a one trick pony.

ECUx Plot

prj

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2021, 02:26:17 AM »

@nyet you forget that VR6 is generally transverse (at least on 8P), I don't see a 2.7T going into the car at that orientation.

Log your car properly.
terok

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2021, 11:22:37 AM »

who claim their turbo VR6s are making big power are flat out fucking liars

Define big power Grin
Completely stock engine, ~1bar boost, can make around 500hp. I would not call that total waste of time.
Of course without custom code changes, it's a giant hack of all hacks, but it "works" and drives just fine.
Honestly though i wouldn't recommend that to anybody.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2021, 11:47:39 AM »

@nyet you forget that VR6 is generally transverse (at least on 8P), I don't see a 2.7T going into the car at that orientation.

I was being more or less facetious, aimed more at the VR6->B5S4 crowd

ECUx Plot

RBPE

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2021, 06:47:36 PM »

VR>BS - Sounds about right!  Wink

Just thinking - the German TUV approved R32T ones are both with and without boost control aren't they? Does he even need these parts?

Are any such mods truly hacks too? The "brains" only see one way and so long as it makes sense in that way?? Or are we getting into semantics/bollocks - delete as applicable?

Speaking of which, I stumbled across some old notes in an old pad on SY_T and such earlier which may help point some noobs in the right direction of what you'd have to look into regarding air/pedal etc, throwing the pad out so took a quick screeny - barely legible to me mind you, so good luck!  Wink
Chris7695

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2021, 07:49:58 AM »

First of all, there are sooo many R28T/R30T/R32T/R33T/R36T with Me7 running. Pls if someone don´t want to help, its ok but then be quite. The Opinion the tuner is shit or its impossible to run properly a NA -> Turbo with Me7 is just wrong. So many project are running until 1000Ps totaly daily juse. The Companys or people who are building this are doing it very simple. They don´t integrate a Fuel and map sensor and running only with the air mass meter from the RS4. So they don´t check the fuel pressure and use a catch tank with a stronger Fuelpump with Fuel pressure regulator. Next step they dont need or don´t implement a map sensor, they only use the air mass meter to calculate the boost. its not perfect but works. The last point is they can´t regulate the boost with the N75 with the Me7.1.1, they use additional boost controlers. The fuel pressure sensor is not important for me, nice to have but not important. The Map sensor is for the tuner nice to have and easier to handle the boost. But also not dramatic, it´s possibile to calculate the boost because i have a closed boost pressure circuit with the RS4 AMM. The important point for me is to integrate the N75 functions from a Me7 Turboengine like the 2.7T into my ECU. The map sensor is the same point. I hoped i can transfer the existing code parts from the 2.7T. The fuel pressure sensor is just for a safe back system and yes totaly costum because no fucking engine with the Me7 has it. But when a costum modding is so complicated it´s not important. But to include the existing functions like map sensor and N75 must be possible.

At least many informations and Videos of existing cars with Turbomod and ME7. I hoped i could do it nicer with no additional boost controler or totaly no boost controling.

https://www.hgp-turbo.de/files/presseberichte/r32_V.pdf
https://www.hgp-turbo.de/files/presseberichte/R32V495PS.pdf
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RffM41Lhhk <- he use a additional boost controler...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilqlLYXT4ck <- Rothe is one of the companys who are modding the enigne from NA-> Turbo but also additional Boost controler and no Map and Fuel Sensor.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cNhmOpOZM0 <- Next daily use R32 Turbo Me7 without Map, fuel, and additional boost controler

So please if youre only here to say not possible, only dyno runs one time... search an other threat or hobby. Next point my built will be working, its pretty much the same as the modded cars in the videos. These mods are no witchcraft but i don´t like the little thinks and how they solved these problems.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2021, 07:52:35 AM by Chris7695 » Logged
prj

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2021, 08:08:47 AM »

Go then buy the tuning at HGP and do not spam this forum.
This forum is for DIY. You do not understand anything and you do not want to understand.
But you already think you know everything.

No one can help you because your questions are BS.

Log your car properly.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: