Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: ME7.1.1 Map and Fuel Sensor also N75  (Read 16649 times)
_nameless

« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2021, 08:14:55 AM »

I think youre missing the entire point it all requires custom code. you cant simply patch code from one ecu to another it doesnt work like that. also, youd be better off coming up with your own boost pid logic anyway vs trying to port anything from a 2.7t. In order to get the car to run in boost isnt all that hard at all to be honest. find load caps and up them find mxn tables and up those. tune your load table for boost, have a maf sensor housing large enough to read the air flow your engine is producing. the other option is to underscale the maf. maf underscale sucks will cause part throttle drivability options. however,  the rest is like tuning any me7 car. If you have a manual gear box then it end with the engine calibration if dsg then youll need to tune that as well too. Why not post your original file? why not post work that youve done? pictures of the build. people are more receptive when youre nice vs combative. just my 2c.

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
Chris7695

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2021, 04:06:43 PM »

Thx @RBPE and @Marty you both are the only person here who wants to help! Yes its a manual, that makes all a bit easier. Ok i try to calculate the air flow to choose a right map sensor. The reason why i dont post my original file ist that i had a old Me7 and distroyed my old ME7 accidently and buy a newer once for the lane assist mod. For this i need a ME7.1.1 with the ST10 Chip. This ME7.1.1 was from a 3.2L TT with a compressor mod. But a mod without boost conrolling, only working over the AMM. So worthless for me and these threat. I set a NA software from a friend (also A3 8P 3.2L NA) over it to give it to the tuner. So he can write a start software to check if my turbomod is done properly. After a short start and checking the oil, the car go to the tuner for the final software.  But these start software is realy basic and only for checking if i built the engine correctly.

@prj you don´t get it right? I dont like how HGP solved the problems i mentioned. So why should i go to it? Next point is i do everything on my own and if i don´t know it i will learn it. That why and how i built my car. Youre just toxic and try to present you as a big player but at the end you only write thinks that doesn´t help. congretiolations to you buddy.

Geomeo

« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2021, 04:12:31 PM »

This might sound a stupid question, but why not use a bosch me7.5? 
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2021, 10:40:14 PM »

I do not know of any versions of FI me7.5 that work with vr6.

audi did everyone a huge disservice by never turbocharging a vr6 (that I know of). Perhaps intentional.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Blazius

« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2021, 05:35:48 AM »

Because ME7.5 runs 4 bangers?

and yes probably who knows.
RBPE

« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2021, 06:39:21 AM »

Prj's the one who's put up the boost/N75 code implementation in the reverse engineering area by the way Chris.

Would an st10 work on an older c167? I thought there were architectural/protocol/trap/timeout variances which would make it a ball-ache? Then there's hfm size differences, return(less) fuel, any fsi related aspects not on others etc - I just assumed that it would always be easier/better to use one from the same era.

As for 1.8T use, yeah, couple of cylinders missing, not sure of volume of air per cyl differences but if one of the basic maths like that is out that would make it a PITA from the start if not changed. Cam timing variances, ESKONF, gear/torque/traction etc - all make it unviable, prior to any architectural type differences.
Geomeo

« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2021, 02:09:43 PM »

audi did everyone a huge disservice by never turbocharging a vr6 (that I know of). Perhaps intentional.

Ohh I see.  Just looked it up  The Audi TT 3.2l has me7.1.1.  And mine 1.8 has a me7.5.  I did not know this, I thought that version was just an oldy and that the newer version 7.5 was fitted to 3.2L, where the confusion lies as mine has N75 etc.  The other thing I've seen though is in the English funktion data sheet v7.3.1  is a lot of parameters for extra cylinders.  For example:

1187 FFTEV1 freeze frame table: injector power stage 1
1187 FFTEV2 freeze frame table: injector power stage 2
1187 FFTEV3 freeze frame table: injector power stage 3
1187 FFTEV4 freeze frame table: injector power stage 4
1187 FFTEV5 freeze frame table: injector power stage 5
1187 FFTEV6 freeze frame table: injector power stage 6
1187 FFTEV7 freeze frame table: injector power stage 7
1187 FFTEV8 freeze frame table: injector power stage 8

I have not found the English me7.5 doc yet.  But anyway I'm guessing with a lot of other parameters this would not be easy?  The reason I ask is I had hopes to fit this here ECU to a V8 ford down the road because the one that is in it is crap.  Anyway sorry for the intrusion.  Carry on.....
RBPE

« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2021, 03:09:31 PM »

If you can't see these things you need to contribute to the forum more folks!

I think someone ran the 7.5 FR through some translator, not sure if this is right page but it's on the forum somewhere.

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=400.45

The problems start at the ecu architecture and the configurations, so no. of cyl's, volume of air getting in them, sensors etc . Then maths/logic thereafter is just that - you start with a wrong number, the rest will just get worse. Of course this being a coder heavy forum you'll get the tech but these are the basics 1st!

I put up the me7.1.1 ssp in the noobs guide area if people want to educate themselves on it?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2021, 04:20:13 PM »

It is really sad that no constructor ever ran motorsports with a homulgated FI VR6 and a bosch ECU

VAG being mega lame, for sure. IMO this is what the B6/B7 S4/RS4 should have been, or a 4.2tt.

If i shit on vr6 and their nut swingers this is why. No racing heritage whatsoever (just like the hilariously lame B6/B7), just a bunch of hacks who don't know what they are doing.

There are a few FI standalone vr6s out there that aren't shit hackjobs, though.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
RBPE

« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2021, 01:04:48 AM »

It is really sad that no constructor ever ran motorsports with a homulgated FI VR6 and a bosch ECU

VAG being mega lame, for sure. IMO this is what the B6/B7 S4/RS4 should have been, or a 4.2tt.

If i shit on vr6 and their nut swingers this is why. No racing heritage whatsoever (just like the hilariously lame B6/B7), just a bunch of hacks who don't know what they are doing.

There are a few FI standalone vr6s out there that aren't shit hackjobs, though.

https://youtu.be/bB7fgX6H9_M
sda2

« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2021, 05:21:37 AM »

As you spoke about the German TÜV, the only way to get a bulletproof TÜV certification including a legitimate emissions certificate is either putting the car into a test labour, or use a complete turbo kit that is sold by ISO 9001 certificated company.

You are lucky your car is of EU2 emissions class, otherwise OBD2 is a must have and ALL standalones are useless anyways.
Additionally an EU4 class emissions pass is nearly impossible with the turbocharger extracting too much heat to get the catalytic converters up to temperature.
Thats why superchargers are often used here in Germany, you can keep the exhaust side stock.

Just because some tuners "make it work" doesnt mean its well done. For example, every boosted M52-M54 BMW engine had the MAF linearization scaled down and never knew real world values until 2017. This can somewhat be compared with the 5120mbar hack from ME7.5.

Afaik there are hardcoded load limits in ME7.1.1 that require program code changes, so its not only tuning, like changing calibration values.

You could take a look at Bosch Motorsport ECUs, like MS4, but still, that wont eliminate the shady TÜV engineer you need for that.

Or sell your Audi and buy a BMW, our 6 cylinder ECUs can be boosted Grin
_nameless

« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2021, 05:57:47 AM »

I guess china now has a 2.5 vr6 turbo

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
jochen_145

« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2021, 08:30:53 AM »

Don´t know if I get your item correct, but VW-Motorsport run the VR6 with Bosch ECU in VW NewBeetle Cup in 2002..

AFAIR they used stock ME7.1.1
jochen_145

« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2021, 08:39:14 AM »

At least many informations and Videos of existing cars with Turbomod and ME7. I hoped i could do it nicer with no additional boost controler or totaly no boost controling.
(..)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilqlLYXT4ck <- Rothe is one of the companys who are modding the enigne from NA-> Turbo but also additional Boost controler and no Map and Fuel Sensor.

IF I remember right, rothe-motorsport bough a custom ME7.1.1. SW from Bosch with boost controler statemashine added. It is used on a Golf4.
Application should be quite poor, but this was done by Rothe and not by Bosch.

Never took a look into these parameters myself, but a college of me did, after he was asked, because of car does not perform well in part-load and in transitions from part- to full-load
adam-

« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2021, 09:05:44 AM »

Because 99% of the window licking morons who claim their turbo VR6s are making big power are flat out fucking liars. Every single VR6 making power does it with standalone, with none of ME7.x's guardrails or streetable drivability, let alone emissions. They're not even proper road track cars; they're just tarted up dyno queens, or at best, 1/4 mi drag cars. You've been sold the oldest line of BS there is.

You really do hate VR6 owners.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: