Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14
Author Topic: ME7 Emulator Tested and working.  (Read 112420 times)
eliotroyano

« Reply #90 on: March 21, 2013, 10:02:17 AM »

Jared, that is a given... It's impossible for one person alone to find all of the little secrets ME holds, but here as a collective people are able to work on and (un?)discover things that people would have never thought of.

The one main difference about NefMoto vs. almost ever other forum (or maybe even EVERY other forum) is that most here are genuinely doing it for the challenge and to move the platform forward.  For a long time everyone was in the dark and tuners made it seem like they were performing magic and while they kinda were, it just stopped at the basics for most.

I am absolutely looking forward to this emulator experiment.  I don't really tune for money, I just don't have the time but as long as I either own an ME car or have close friends that do I will always have something to tune/play with.  

This is the best and most stimulating comment that I have read in these amazing forum.

Like the forums around the world doing custom android firmware for mobile phones why we can not take some routes like the ROM mods of the EVO people, check it here --> http://www.evoscan.com/ecu-mods.

At end is just a microprocessor runing a program. Of course is not easy, but as Notorius VR said, one alone is very difficult, but with many people helping is should be easy to reach it.

I will to add something. I know emulation /emulator is really useful for fine / live tuning, but anyone have think about modify the connection protocol between the ECU and our tools through the OBD2 port. Basically ME 3xx, 5xxx and 7xx ECUs use a simple serial communication protocol KW1281 or KWP2000 that can be used for diagnostics or flashing using a dumb KKL or KL interface. But today as an example an USB device using a serial protocol can be really really fast.

The problem is ours ECU uses fast processors with multiple process capabilitires but it connection to the exterior is really poor, slow and small in capacity. That is why reading RAM directly show us so good and useful tuning capabilities. Then maybe I am nuts but can be possible to improve and open it communication channel with our ECUs allowing us a new world of posibilities???
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 10:43:38 AM by eliotroyano » Logged
Axis

« Reply #91 on: March 21, 2013, 12:34:56 PM »

Data tracing is still a sticking point. It was originally designed to use with elm327 and its generic pids used on code readers, but we can not get it to work and elm327 in my option is crap for our needs so wouldn't be much use.
Please explain what ELM327 has got to do with it?  Huh
Data tracing and adress watch must be a hardware thing that the CPU/IC on the roadrunner handles. But perhaps it does use obd2 to sync time/rpm with the tracing of memory.
Address hits counter does not work either and that function surely does not use/need obd2 connection working.
britishturbo

« Reply #92 on: March 21, 2013, 12:57:11 PM »

I think I need to get myself one of these Emulator setups once I get my car back up and running (should be within a week or so) :-)
Bische

« Reply #93 on: March 21, 2013, 11:49:18 PM »

One ECU and one RR setup on its way to sweden Cheesy
littco

« Reply #94 on: March 22, 2013, 02:51:40 AM »

One ECU and one RR setup on its way to sweden Cheesy

Here is the link for anyone wanting to use TP with road runner.

This version support the 8/16 bit map emulation. All other versions do not support 8bit maps..

http://www.tunerpro.net/download/SetupTunerProRT_v500_8131.exe
Axis

« Reply #95 on: March 22, 2013, 04:11:58 AM »

Here is the link for anyone wanting to use TP with road runner.

This version support the 8/16 bit map emulation. All other versions do not support 8bit maps..

http://www.tunerpro.net/download/SetupTunerProRT_v500_8131.exe

Not even the 8139 that autoupdate finds?
littco

« Reply #96 on: March 22, 2013, 04:26:24 AM »

Not even the 8139 that autoupdate finds?

There is no need to update this version works! Its specific for RR update at your own risk.
Axis

« Reply #97 on: March 22, 2013, 09:09:26 AM »

Littco:
anything to say about http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=3149.msg35417#msg35417 ?
5-6posts above this.
littco

« Reply #98 on: March 22, 2013, 09:18:58 AM »

Littco:
anything to say about http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=3149.msg35417#msg35417 ?
5-6posts above this.
elm327???

I know what you're saying, but the way mark has written it does work, you don't even a road runner to make it work..

It takes the data from elm327 ie rpm, load, timing etc and then translates that from hex to dec to display it on tunerpro. Therefore it doesn't even communicate with RR.. If you have used elm327 then you'll know how pants compared to me7 logger it is..

Everything is there in tunerpro and correctly done should be able to data trace etc but it needs the plugin/driver , comport worked into it.. PRJ has said he can do this but I know he is extremely busy so I don't know how we can move this forward..

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #99 on: March 22, 2013, 09:23:37 AM »

Maybe I can convince Tony to give me code to his logger.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Bische

« Reply #100 on: March 27, 2013, 10:00:32 PM »

I recieved my emulator and ECU now, and the weatherproof connector/cable is no longer supplied with this kit.

How did you guys do yours? I certainly dont want to get any moisture in there...
adeyspec

« Reply #101 on: March 27, 2013, 11:35:23 PM »

Would love this for my s4, used to use moates stuff when playing with Hondas, map trace is a must though
Bische

« Reply #102 on: March 30, 2013, 07:19:33 AM »

littco, how did you secure yours inside the ECU?

I attached two mockup pictures of mine
littco

« Reply #103 on: March 30, 2013, 07:34:57 AM »

littco, how did you secure yours inside the ECU?

I attached two mockup pictures of mine

I don't have a picture's but I had some foam pads, which I cut down to the right thickness and then sort of shaped around the boards so the adapter board sat flat, then did the same for the gap between the adapter and RR, the little pegs supplied where next to useless.

I then took out the bung in the top and cut it out so I could fit the cable in through the case and used a bit of rubber on the top under side of the case to stop the RR from shorting against the case.

Sorry I really meant to do a write up but just been busy.

The foam pads I used/made where left over bits from one of those metal travel cases you can buy with foam inside you can remove to transport different items. I bought one to store the Emulator in and it just happened the foam inside made for the ideal spacer . Plus it allows a little bit of movement which is probably quite handy for the connectors.

I have found that when I first installed it the connectors once locked together where stuck pretty well and seperating them was a little bit nervey as I was worried about pulling the pins off the board, but now it's come apart a few times it's a firm fit but unplugs nicely.

You need to set the eeprom to test so the checksums are ignored.. you aware of that?
Bische

« Reply #104 on: March 30, 2013, 09:22:25 AM »

Thanks for the info, I actually have some foam that I can use. Do we have to worry about heat, stuffing it with foam?

Yes Im aware of the checksums. Now im weighing if I should leave the desolder/solder job to someone professional or if I should get some Chipquik and attempt it myself..

Im clear on how its done, but I have not practiced smd soldering before.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14
  Print  

Jump to: