Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Noob with an mk7 1.8t  (Read 5812 times)
isthatagti

« on: October 17, 2016, 06:55:55 PM »

I would like to get to tuning my 1.8t by myself and I want to learn how to do everything not just buy maps and such. I searched through the forums a little and didn't find anything on my 1.8t although I did find alot on the older 1.8t engines and I'm not sure if they are the same. I have the 1.8t EA888 engine. What computer programs would be best for me to learn on? Where should I look to find what I need for my car? Any help is greatly appreciated. If you know of a thread that is already made feel free to link it to me! Thanks all!
yxx499

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2016, 12:18:18 AM »

Read s4wiki.

http://s4wiki.com/wiki/Main_Page
prj

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2016, 06:04:46 AM »

To do what you want to do costs probably about half of your car's value in tools alone.
Are you sure?

If you are asking such basic questions that you have asked, you will never in your lifetime accomplish this.
I do not mean any offence, but you need to be more resourceful than that.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
msrundercober

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2016, 06:24:46 AM »

You need to read and write Simos 18 for your EA 888 Gen 3 Motor, and you need the right "informations" to tune it properly.

It´s not impossible but it will be a hard way.

Good luck Smiley
isthatagti

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2016, 08:42:42 AM »

To do what you want to do costs probably about half of your car's value in tools alone.
Are you sure?

If you are asking such basic questions that you have asked, you will never in your lifetime accomplish this.
I do not mean any offence, but you need to be more resourceful than that.
I want to start getting into tuning as a career so I just want to learn the basics for now. Yeah I realize it's going to be some money but I'll get stuff over time.
isthatagti

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2016, 08:42:53 AM »

You need to read and write Simos 18 for your EA 888 Gen 3 Motor, and you need the right "informations" to tune it properly.

It´s not impossible but it will be a hard way.

Good luck Smiley
Thanks!
Carsinc

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2016, 08:39:28 PM »

Dude dont listen to PRJ he is being a bit extreme, if you have nothing in your life to do
other than read this forum and others I bet you can learn to tune your car in roughly 2 years.
Assuming you spend 10 hours a day 6 days a week reading and learning. It will be awesome
and jobs and girlfriends are for losers anyhow.
isthatagti

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2016, 10:40:53 AM »

Dude dont listen to PRJ he is being a bit extreme, if you have nothing in your life to do
other than read this forum and others I bet you can learn to tune your car in roughly 2 years.
Assuming you spend 10 hours a day 6 days a week reading and learning. It will be awesome
and jobs and girlfriends are for losers anyhow.
Yeah who needs a life anyway? So bassically it's probably going to take a super long time if I learn the hard way. So getting maps is the way to go then?
nubcake

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2016, 11:19:35 AM »

Yeah who needs a life anyway? So bassically it's probably going to take a super long time if I learn the hard way. So getting maps is the way to go then?

It's a good idea to start with a car that doesn't require an x kilobucks equipment to read/write.
So if you're serious about taking this on as a career - IMO get some el cheapo ME7 equipped vehicle (preferably turbo, ofc) to practice your basics on. There's a ton of info for ME7 to get you started. Also get some proper book on ICE operation if you're shady on how it works internally.
isthatagti

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2016, 08:44:43 AM »

It's a good idea to start with a car that doesn't require an x kilobucks equipment to read/write.
So if you're serious about taking this on as a career - IMO get some el cheapo ME7 equipped vehicle (preferably turbo, ofc) to practice your basics on. There's a ton of info for ME7 to get you started. Also get some proper book on ICE operation if you're shady on how it works internally.
Sweet! I appreciate it man thanks
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: