Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Dealing with throttle pedal delay / DSG  (Read 4388 times)
R32Dude

« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2022, 06:21:04 PM »

Thanks dude! I’ve seen people with the same problem on Audizine/Mk6club and it was also commented by people there.
There is a rather long dsg delay when using launch control, but I'm assuming you are talking about a normal takeoff.
I don't know if this delay you are mentioning when taking off  is just the DSG or the tiny motor lacking torque. I suggest you use me7logger to log the following when you accelerate from a stop in S mode with traction control off on a dry flat road. Stop when 3rd gear engages.

nmot - rpm
rl      -load
wdkba  -throttle plate angle
bfzgl_b  -unfiltered vehicle acceleration
vfzg_w -unfiltered vehicle speed
gangi - dsg gear
and manifold pressure/boost (pvdks_w   ?? check if this is the correct variable to log!)

Post it here and we can compare it to my car that seems to have very little delay.
R32Dude

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2022, 05:06:00 AM »

Just for the hell of it I did a run in my car to check how long it takes for the car to start moving. I forgot to log wped_w (pedal) to see if the throttle responds immediately, but it looks like it takes about 0.35 seconds from the time the throttle(green) begins to open(judging by the flattening of the rpm (white) as the clutch begins to grip). The vehicle speed changes about 0.1s after that, but being a signal from CAN it is slightly delayed. The throttle (green) opens quite quickly.  See how yours is when you get to log it.
prj

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2022, 06:10:47 AM »

If talking about takeoff delay (which btw is not clear whatsoever on this thread, because OP didn't post anything), then on a N/A engine you can reduce the stall speed.
On a turbo engine, you can increase the stall speed. Specifically on some 2.0TDI increasing the stall speed helps a lot with turbo lag, helping the 0-100 time without LC by up to 0.5 seconds.

The best is to run the engine on a dyno from low RPM and see what the torque curve looks like. You want the stall speed to be at the point where the engine is already making some torque, 75% or more of the initial torque peak.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
bamofo

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2022, 03:07:52 PM »

If talking about takeoff delay (which btw is not clear whatsoever on this thread, because OP didn't post anything), then on a N/A engine you can reduce the stall speed.
On a turbo engine, you can increase the stall speed. Specifically on some 2.0TDI increasing the stall speed helps a lot with turbo lag, helping the 0-100 time without LC by up to 0.5 seconds.

The best is to run the engine on a dyno from low RPM and see what the torque curve looks like. You want the stall speed to be at the point where the engine is already making some torque, 75% or more of the initial torque peak.

Clearly you didn't look at the logs....
prj

« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2022, 03:51:14 PM »

Clearly you didn't look at the logs....
And which ones might that be? My reply was general on topic, not about what R32Dude posted.
Stall on R32 is already tuned very aggressively because it's a performance vehicle, this is not the case on many other engines.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2022, 03:53:28 PM by prj » Logged

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
bamofo

« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2022, 08:58:35 AM »

And which ones might that be? My reply was general on topic, not about what R32Dude posted.
Stall on R32 is already tuned very aggressively because it's a performance vehicle, this is not the case on many other engines.

There was no log... that was the joke. Your ruining the jokes PRJ...
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: