Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Passat b7 kessy immo ecu  (Read 1037 times)
Playtastiv

« on: February 04, 2022, 10:18:58 PM »

Hello im a bit new to all this so sorry if im asking dumb questions

i have a b7 passat with kessy in which i lost the original ccm i have a ECU dump flash and eeprom (edc17cp14)is it possible to make a matching file for ccm

thanks for help
H2Deetoo

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2022, 05:36:33 PM »

Hi,

Your problem is a little bit more complicated then you might expect.
Let me try and explain as we go.

First of all here is the immo data from your ecu:
VIN = WVWZZZ3CZ8P044600
IMMOID = VWZCZ000000000
CS = EB7C7B6BD6F8F6 (F6 might be the 7th CS byte but this is not guaranteed!)
CCM MAC = D893
ECU MAC = 4AA1
PIN = 03257
PC = FE

If you can tell me your CCM's partnumber (3AA959799 x specifically the last letter) then we could prepare a matching eeprom with this immo data.
Now there is also an ELV involved which is matched to the CCM. Afaik it is not possible to match this existing ELV to your replacement CCM, so buying a new ELV and matching it would be the obvious step.

However there is one problem (flaw or by design?) which is the fact that a CCM has its eeprom contents crypted.
For the CCM to decrypt its eeprom to start functioning it will need data from the ELV.
Because there is no matched ELV the CCM cannot decrypt it self, so won't start to function, so you can't do anything with it.

I know of a solution where an ELV emulator is prepared with such data that the CCM can decrypt itself and functions.
Then, without power cycling it, you can connect a real new ELV and start the adapting procedure.
When that succeeds you will have a working CCM, with your immo, and matched ELV.

Final step will be to match the keys/remotes to the CCM.
If (and only if!) the 7th CS byte is the right one, you can re-adapt the existing kessy keys.
If you don't have the valid 7th CS byte, then you can do 2 things:
- Find someone with a tool to bruteforce that 7th CS byte, and when succeeded enter this 7th CS byte in the CCM dump
- Buy new Kessy remotes and adapt those to the CCM

I hope this explanation clarifies some things for you.

Regards,
H2Deetoo
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: