Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A6 T-Box SAI Delete Help  (Read 5852 times)
madhatter331

« on: January 19, 2016, 04:14:27 PM »

Thanks in advance for any help! I have a 2001 A6 tip trans with a 4B0907551T ECU. I have been reading through the NefMoto forum and searched in depth. There is a ton of great information and people on here, but I am having trouble confirming addresses.

Using TunerPro and the M-box definition, I can easily change CDSLS to 0, but it appears CWKONABG, MSLUB and MSLBAS is not in any of the M-box definition files (20130729 and 20120516). My understanding is I can flash an L-box stock bin, but even using an L-box bin I still cannot find CWKONABG, or MSLUB or MSLBAS.

What is the easiest way forward for the SAI delete? Can someone provide assistance for my T-box bin, or how do I work with an L-box bin? Thanks!  Grin
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2016, 04:39:43 PM »

You should be able to find them by looking at the 4z7-R, 8d0-F or G files (which are fully defined) and looking for patterns and locating it in lbox. If i have some time i will find them for you.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2016, 05:58:27 PM »

Two of those locations ARE already in the s4wiki page Tongue

http://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning#Secondary_Air_Injection

I will add CWKONABG time permitting

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
ddillenger

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2016, 07:51:00 PM »

Nye, don't add anything.

OP:

This file shares a definition with 551G S4, for which there is a FULL definition for Tongue

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2016, 08:33:20 PM »

This file shares a definition with 551G S4, for which there is a FULL definition for Tongue

Whoa whoa whoa... G is NOT the same as L yo!

I assume you are talking about A6 4b0-551T?

ECUx Plot

ddillenger

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2016, 08:38:43 PM »

Whoa whoa whoa... G is NOT the same as L yo!

I assume you are talking about A6 4b0-551T?

4B0907551T and 8D0907551G share a definition Smiley

As do all of these:

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
madhatter331

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2016, 08:52:34 AM »

Used the 8D0907551G definition to change MSLUB and MSLBAS and it worked! I was worried about using the wrong definition or wrong address, as Wiki page says the section only applies to L-Box for SAI delete.

Many thanks to all!

madhatter331

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2016, 09:25:19 AM »

Maybe I spoke too soon. I have checked my original tune using ME7Check and it returns no errors. I have tried both methods listed on S4 Wiki Tuning, and both methods returned 2 errors in ME7Check. I have attached the simpler method (CDSLS & CWKONABG). Could someone have a quick look and help me identify what I am doing wrong? Thanks again.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2016, 10:02:39 AM »

Used the 8D0907551G definition to change MSLUB and MSLBAS and it worked! I was worried about using the wrong definition or wrong address, as Wiki page says the section only applies to L-Box for SAI delete.

Yes, the wiki addresses ONLY apply to s4 M and L. Those addresses are NOT for G. G is already fully defined - there is a separate xdf/kp for it and it is HUGE.

Also, I hope you didn't use the G definition on an L box file.

Use G with G or your original T.

G does NOT apply to L.

ECUx Plot

madhatter331

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2016, 12:37:03 PM »

I used the G definition with my original T tune. I was not using the addresses, only the G definitions to edit my original T tune.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2016, 12:40:58 PM »

both methods returned 2 errors in ME7Check. I have attached the simpler method (CDSLS & CWKONABG)

Uh. Wait a tick. This makes no sense. Of course modifying the bin causes the checksum to fail.

You have to use ME7Sum to correct the checksums.

The entire purpose of checksums is to detect undesired corruption.

ECUx Plot

madhatter331

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2016, 02:30:42 PM »

Sorry my bad, I misunderstood the purpose of ME7Check and ME7Sum. Ran with ME7Sum to correct the checksums, rechecked using ME7Check and no errors.

Have the new tune in the car, so far so good!

Thanks so much for everyone's help. This has opened the door for all kinds of mischief...

Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: