Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Disabling torque monitoring.  (Read 14039 times)
Jim_Coupe

« on: February 25, 2016, 05:08:50 PM »

Only one person in this thread disabled TM? Anyone more with experience?

E85oholic
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2016, 06:04:24 PM »

Only one person in this thread disabled TM? Anyone more with experience?
Are you seriously saying you'd just like to disable torque monitoring?

THAT is the conclusion you came to after all of this?

Sigh. I fucking give up.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Jim_Coupe

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2016, 06:28:30 PM »

Yes thats what im saying after all this time.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 06:30:02 PM by Jim_Coupe » Logged

E85oholic
Jim_Coupe

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2016, 07:56:11 PM »

Found some answers in diffrent forums. Some people dissables TM and have to live with a more agressive behaving engine. The downside is that there is not much more safety for saving the engine. Thet art of real tuning is to get the factory calibrations to put put as much power as possible and still be safe.

Some of us are hardcore and build our engines with h-beams and stg3+ clutches and just want hardcore power. And some prefer a more safe engine that runs gently.
If i paid for a tune i would prefer a properly tuned TM. But if i did it my self and wanted to do it simple and taking some risks i would disable that geeky thing. Who runs stock internals anyway? :0) Only the best is good enough.

Is there anything that needs to be added or deleted please correct me. Smiley

E85oholic
ddillenger

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2016, 08:13:41 PM »

You can make an engine run as "hard" or gentle as you want with torque monitoring active. Don't use that as an excuse for doing hack work. Just say "I don't want to invest the time to do it right."

Much better that way.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
Snow Trooper

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2016, 09:19:41 PM »

I can't feel a difference between TM on of off on my personal 820+ whp car. The files I usually run on it have it off everywhere above part throttle/partial load to seek that little extra bit that I want to be there.

With everything setup well, the performance seems to be the same. With that said I have never seen Ill effects to having it off.  I also don't see the wild throttle and other behavior some report. I think when your turbo limits your boost curve TM doesnt really matter that much.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 10:24:31 PM by Snow Trooper » Logged

cartoons?
6A 61 72 65 64 40 76 6C 6D 73 70 65 63
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2016, 10:51:17 PM »

It's one thing to disable TM if you know what you are doing; it is an ENTIRELY different thing if you disable it because you can't be bothered to understand how it works and how to fix it properly

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Jim_Coupe

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2016, 01:41:35 AM »

You can make an engine run as "hard" or gentle as you want with torque monitoring active. Don't use that as an excuse for doing hack work. Just say "I don't want to invest the time to do it right."

Much better that way.

The effektive goal of whats right is up to me.

Nyet.. take a break. i understand partially how it work.. You just think that because i answered this thread now after months.. i have a life u know!! I do other stuff than sitting in this forum. I decided to reread about TM. And one part of my learning was TM. And one thing i noticed was that TM disabled was Not discussed alot..

Snow Trooper thanks that was wxactly what i was thinkiqmg about. Im runing a BT and I want to know on spot when it kicks in and log the boost without anything interfering. It it an S4 with 820+ hp?

E85oholic
Snow Trooper

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2016, 10:39:57 AM »

Yes, 2.7 single turbo. That's on kill mode. Everyday it makes around 650-660

cartoons?
6A 61 72 65 64 40 76 6C 6D 73 70 65 63
Jim_Coupe

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2016, 03:16:10 PM »

Sick! Thats good to hear !

E85oholic
phila_dot

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2016, 04:52:33 PM »

What exactly is being referred to as "disabling toque monitoring"?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2016, 04:57:37 PM »

What exactly is being referred to as "disabling toque monitoring"?

Exactly what I'd love to know Smiley

I suspect you'll not get the answer you'll want to hear, considering the whole point to the torque model is... torque monitoring lol

ECUx Plot

prj

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2016, 05:41:12 PM »

There is torque model and torque monitoring.

Disabling torque monitoring is not needed in any cases whatsoever.
It does not affect anything. It is a hard shutdown for when you experience certain criteria.
For example max allowed torque at a certain pedal position and so on.

If the ECU experiences having the throttle plate WOT with the pedal being zero (could happen if your throttle got physically stuck).
In one case it will shut itself down, in another it will drive you through a wall.

The torque model is a different thing - it is about requesting torque from pedal and getting it.
When calibrated right it has no effect on performance whatsoever at WOT.
There are tons of terms being thrown around here, but no, your engine will not turn into a rocket because the torque model is disabled.
As a matter of fact, it will not perform better in any way whatsoever compared to a properly calibrated torque model being active.

That said, I would not bother with that entire module on a drag race car, as well as a ton of other modules in ME7. They are simply not needed for the car to idle and to drive at WOT, which is what is done at a drag race. Not tuning it on an everyday car is just lack of understanding. You will lose a lot of refinement on part throttle.
Thanks to the torque model it is possible to make a big turbo car linear without surge when coming on boost at low pedal positions for example.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 05:42:45 PM by prj » Logged

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
eliotroyano

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2016, 07:32:34 PM »

Thanks to the torque model it is possible to make a big turbo car linear without surge when coming on boost at low pedal positions for example.

Great comment  Wink  Wink  Wink
prj

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2016, 10:39:12 AM »

Great comment  Wink  Wink  Wink
I am sorry if you are unable to understand what was meant.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: