Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Why do none of the big name tuners modify KFMIOP in a way that....  (Read 19298 times)
ddillenger

Jives with my understanding? How are they setting IRL to 250, 260, or even 280 without touching IOP? This goes against everything I understand. It's not a fluke, EPL does it, MRC does it, etc, etc, etc.

What gives?

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
userpike

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2013, 12:07:37 AM »

Jives with my understanding? How are they setting IRL to 250, 260, or even 280 without touching IOP? This goes against everything I understand. It's not a fluke, EPL does it, MRC does it, etc, etc, etc.

What gives?

I have a Nuespeed tuned file for my 1.8t with stock IOP.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2013, 12:13:39 AM »

What gives?

From phila's analysis, it should have no effect at WOT.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
ddillenger

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2013, 12:17:34 AM »

I understand that, but I find it hard to believe WOT is the only consideration when tuning.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2013, 06:42:59 AM »

I am of the understanding that many tuners make changes to the file to achieve an end result the best they know how/can....  Many tuners don't follow the actual FR/rules of changing the ECU parameters like Bosch intended.  Sometimes I think they do it because tricking the ECU instead of touching any real TQ related maps makes things far easier.

Of course I could just be talking out of my ass lol

SCHNELL ENGINEERING BLOG ·  STANDALONE ECUS · TUNING · DYNO · WIRING · PARTS · VEMS
Google Talk: NOTORIOUS.VR
n00bs start here: http://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning
krazydbiker

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2013, 07:27:00 AM »

i wondered this myself, i usually see, stock IOP values, raised IOP axis, and just the last column of IRL changed

ofcourse this was kind of what i did to mine, but i also am happy with the part throttle on this
userpike

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2013, 08:23:07 AM »

I am of the understanding that many tuners make changes to the file to achieve an end result the best they know how/can....  Many tuners don't follow the actual FR/rules of changing the ECU parameters like Bosch intended.  Sometimes I think they do it because tricking the ECU instead of touching any real TQ related maps makes things far easier.

Of course I could just be talking out of my ass lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJgWq_kSR9w     lol
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2013, 11:13:03 AM »

i wondered this myself, i usually see, stock IOP values, raised IOP axis, and just the last column of IRL changed

That seems to be around these parts the way to properly "modify" a stock map to keep the ECU happy as much as possible.

I can't help to think that if people really knew how to setup one of these ECU's from scratch of how much more you could change the dynamics of the car.  I find for the most part when it's done like that the car(s) feel asleep and holding back (I've said this numerous times in the past, some people dismiss it or think I'm crazy) as if there is still too much behind the scenes trickery going on in the ECU vs. say the same car/setup with just a stand alone and a manual gas pedal.

SCHNELL ENGINEERING BLOG ·  STANDALONE ECUS · TUNING · DYNO · WIRING · PARTS · VEMS
phila_dot

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2013, 12:07:31 PM »

For one, KFMIRL has nothing to do with it.

It's all about rl_w, rlmax_w, and wped.

I'm not familiar with their files, but they are likely experiencing intervention at part throttle.

Also, underscaling load makes desired load completely irrelevant.

This is crap IMO.
littco

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2013, 07:50:56 AM »

Is this the file I sent?

It drives very nicely, but there's  a strange few tables in there!
Gonzo

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2013, 09:35:43 AM »

Most of them just disable torque monitoring.

FF'd KFMI_UM, etc
ddillenger

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2013, 10:26:31 AM »

Is this the file I sent?

It drives very nicely, but there's  a strange few tables in there!

Just one of the many that I don't quite understand.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
phila_dot

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2013, 10:51:40 AM »

Most of them just disable torque monitoring.

FF'd KFMI_UM, etc

This does nothing on it's own.

Level two should never be reached unless level one limits are tampered with.
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2013, 11:29:20 AM »

^^ From when I played around with it, loosening KFMI_UM makes the car much smoother if you're making the car agressive.

phila_dot

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2013, 12:28:32 PM »

^^ From when I played around with it, loosening KFMI_UM makes the car much smoother if you're making the car agressive.

It has nothing to do with how the car runs. You'll definitely know it if you have level two intervention.
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: